Dr. Martin Okonkwo MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

August 14th, 2013
My twin boys have been going to Dr. Marin for over 11 years now. I have nothing bad to say about him or his staff. He has always been great with my boys. My kids only want to see him when they have to go to dr.

May 20th, 2013
this office is a joke
I started going here when my insurance changed and my pediatrician didn't accept it. Every time I have gone in here the nurses have been ok not all that friendly but tolerable. The doctor talks to you like your stupid and that drives me nuts. My son had to get 5 shots this nurse just jabbed them right in my poor baby had huge red knots all over his legs for days he has never had that happen with any other shots and he's 4. The last straw for me was when my son got a really bad virus and I had to take him to an emergency clinic and they had several people listen to my sons heart then asked me how long he had a heart murmur for I was shocked the pediatrician never even told us when I asked his nurse practioner she looked at me like I was crazy.

November 1st, 2010
rude horrible bed side manner if you ever get to see him
My newborn has what you call cleft palate. She has hard time gaining weight. My craniofacial team said I needed to go in for a wieght check. (not her pedatrician who is supposed to keep a watch on that sort of thing) Well I made the appointment for a tues went in had another one of his helpers come in and look at my daughter and hes says she needs to be admitted to the hospital for not gaining enough weight. I am crying and asking the man to let us try something else but no he siad she has to go in. There telling me she needs a tub put in her stomach. So ok I take her I am put in the hospital with her for five days at shands. All they do is watch how I feed her (has speciel bottle and way to feed) figure out thats not whats wrong and take her up to a 27 calorie formula. Part of my release was to have her weight checked on monday and let gainsville know what it is. I didn't even need to see him but his staff said I had to. So I wait another thirty min, he comes in and I told him all I needed was a weight check and that I didn't need to see him. He freaks out tells me that I was rude and that this is his office not shands and that I just need to get a new doctor. If he would have done his job and had me come in like I told him a month before that we need to keep an eye on her wieght all of this would have been avoided. Just all around was bad experience. He had no right to be rude to me. Any mother is going to be upset that they have to put there child in the hospital. I do not recommend him to anyone. His bed side manner is very poor but I do like the rest of his staff the woman are great.

June 7th, 2010
He prescribed my child a medication he was allergic to even though Okonkwo knew he was allergic to it beause he asked before writing the Rx and there was a large red sticker on the front of the file. Thank god I had a good pharmacist that caught it because I would not have known because it was a generic version. He was very offensive as well when I had to call to get a different Rx called in!

December 28th, 2009
The Doctor that goes beyond to take care of his patients!
I LOVE TAKING MY CHILDREN TO DOCTOR MARTIN OKONKWO HE IS TRUELY A GREAT, COMPASSIONATE, PROFESSIONAL, CARING DOCTOR THAT TAKES GOOD CARE OF HIS PATIENTS.

August 12th, 2016