Dr. Martin Paisner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

June 29th, 2013
Best psychiatrist I have ever hired
I was diagnosed as Bipolar when I was 17 years old. I am now 37. During that time, I had hired and fired over 7 various psychiatrists in addition to talk therapists. I like Dr. Paisner because he doesn't give me any bull----, nor does he put up with any bull----. He was assigned to me as my doctor when I was hospitalized at Lakeshore for an acute manic episode for 5 days. When I was in the hospital, my husband was also pleased with Dr. Paisner's treatment and communication. He is not one to go in for small talk and silly reassurances. But he will answer your legitimate questions, and if you want to not take meds or switch your meds, he will work with you on that. For example, he once prescribed Zoloft and it was too expensive so I requested the generic of Prozac and he was fine with that. Over the years with him as my psychiatrist, he has worked with me to figure out the best set of meds to treat my condition. When I was able to clearly state how I was feeling and my side effects and responses to certain meds and how meds were working or not,--he was able to offer various solutions for med choices. It was always my choice. Another example, I was on Risperdal which causes elevated Prolactin and halts menstruation. I told him I didn't like this side effect as it made me feel un-human, so he offered the alternative of Seroquel which was a better fit for me. If you cannot clearly state what is going on with your mood, your reactions to meds, etc., no doctor is going to be able to help you. But if you are able to tell this to Dr. Paisner, he will be able to help you. But as med management sessions are only 15 minutes long generally, you have to have your questions and answers ready. Because the sessions are only 15 minutes long, I appreciate it that Dr. Paisner does not waste time with unnecessary pleasantries and such. Dr. Paisner has been my psychiatrist since 2004. (I write this in 2013). Unfortunately, he will no longer be my doctor as I am moving out of the state soon. I highly recommend him to patients who want competant psychiatric care.

February 18th, 2013
Horrible Doctor
The most cold hearthed individual. The welfare of his patients is the last thing on his mind. Horrible doctor. That is probably the reason he is still stock at a third class hospital like Lake Shore. Three words that describe him: unprofessional, uncaring, and uncooperative.

February 14th, 2013
Frightening he has a medical license
I would have given him zero stars if I could have. I am amazed that this Dr is still legally working. He is the most revolting excuse of a human being I have ever met and he's in healthcare?!?!?! He's disgustingly rude, shows no compassion, doesn't listen or ask questions of his patients and drugs them until they're unsure whether it's afternoon or morning. He performs Psychiatry like it's the 1940's. My life would be richer if I had never come into contact with this creature.

April 10th, 2012
This "doctor" is so unprofessional. He never return phone calls and never keep you updated on the status of your loved one. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone!! He's also so quick to prescribe medication that is not even needed. I don't understand how or why he has a license to be a doctor. VERY BAD!!!!!!!

June 29th, 2011
most unprofessional and discourteous doctor I've ever had the unfortunate experience of having.

May 26th, 2011
THE DEVIL IS AMONG US !
DR PAISNER IS THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL MAN I HAVE EVER MET. He never once spoke to me and my spouse about are child condition. he had our child so drug up that our child was a walking zombie. he is rude, cold hearted, un very uncareing to his patients. it took us awhile to remove her from chicago lakeshore hospital. but im so glad that we did. our child is in a professional hospital with careing and loving doctors

April 5th, 2011
Easily the worst, most poorly mannered psych in Chicago.

March 21st, 2011
It's terrifying to me that this man has a medical license. He was coercive, rude and unprofessional. My experience with his was nothing less than horrific and I will be filing a complaint.

April 2nd, 2010
A great doctor
I've seen a few psychiatrists. None even approached Dr Paisner in terms of professional acumen or compassion. I am deeply grateful for his help.

August 10th, 2009
As good as it gets
Professional, care unmatched by other psychiatrists. Compassionate and knowledgeable, he discusses treatment options carefully, defining objectives and outcomes very frankly. Dr Paisner answers questions in a forthright manner, without equivocation or condescension. A superb practioner.