Hematology Specialist
Video profile

Cold and No Compassion show details Cold and No Compassion
Mar 18th, 2012

My mother was a patient of Dr. Rubenstein and she died of renal cancer. He was the most uncompassionate and coldest Doctor I have ever met. There were also 2 nurses there in his office that were unprofessional and not very nice. I was with my mother comforting her when she was given the diagnosis of stage 4 renal cancer in Dr. Rubensteins' office. He told my mom as he sat in his office chair to get her personal affairs in order and that she had maybe 6 mos. to live. He never gave my mother even a glimmer of hope (a hug, I'm so sorry, chemo.) and when I asked him why he said I don't give false hope. He said what do you want me to do lie to your mother. I said no but every patient here including my mother deserves hope and a little bit of compassion. He didn't even offer, recommend or give my mother the option of chemo. She died at home in alot of pain and he had her on morphine under his care. My mother eventually gave up and stopped eating and slipped into a coma from all the morphine she was on. I was with my mother till the end for the last 3 months of her life and I am so happy I was able to be there for her but nobody deserves to be treated this way.

very comfortable show details very comfortable
Nov 12th, 2011

Dr was very professional--went over my lab results very thoroughly and explained my results in 'layman's terms', asked many questions and was very attentive to my lab reports and suggested some diagnosis, but wanted to do more testing before making a final judgment. I will continue to see Dr until he can make his dignosis.

Great Doc, Office and Staff show details Great Doc, Office and Staff
Aug 15th, 2011

Ihave had excellent experiences with this Doctor, and his staff. The office is conveniently located, and offers a comfortable atmosphere. Highly recommend this Doc.

Experience show details Experience
by Citysearch User on May 21st, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Rubenstein is one of the founding physicians of Southbay Oncology Hematology Partners. He became my doctor when I was in the hospital a...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com