Dr. Martin Cohen MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

September 7th, 2016
I'd heard horror stories about the staff but was willing to take the chance knowing he had a great reputation as a Dr. Honestly I've been going for over a year now and I've never had a bad experience (knock on wood). They're professional and prompt and I've never felt rushed while seeing him and/or his nurse practitioner (who is very very nice) and I've never had to wait a long time for an apt.

November 17th, 2015
Great Doctor. Office phone is never answer
Dr. Cohen is an excellent Doctor. My only concern is getting an appointment. No one ever answer the phone and when you leave a message to get one they never replied to the message.

January 8th, 2015
Dr. Cohen has been my doctor for over 20 years, he is very diligent and his referrals to other doctors are always on the monies, his staff is excellent as well.

June 4th, 2014
RUDE RUDE RUDE
Frist of all Dr. Cohen is a very good doctor. However he is just rude, rude, rude! The receptionist is also rude, too. His RNP is incompetent. She did not finish the examination. Dr. Cohen at one time also did not finish the examination because the technician knocked on the door to ask him a question. His bedside manner is just absolutely horrible! Looks like he was the one who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He made a sarcastic remark about my condition which is very unprofessional.

August 19th, 2013
Awful
I saw the Nurse Practicioner more than I saw the doctor. The ARNP sits with you through the whole visit and takes care of you, then (sorry to say) this fool walks in and puts his white coat on like he's Elvis and talks to you for 90 seconds and he's out... And had the nerve to send me a bill!! I don't like to say bad things about doctors but he need to spend more time with his patients and be a doctor.... Real Talk....

August 16th, 2013
A Bit Disorganized
On my initial visit to Dr. Cohen a year ago, he was very thorough and gave me a full exam, and scheduled the appropriate tests and wrote my prescriptions. It did take me three months to get an appointment with him, though. He is a good doctor. The office staff and nurse are a bit disorganized. The reception area is always noisy, the girl is always on the phone, cel phones are being used, and it is just very confusing. When one person makes a decision about the patient, others are not told, and often things get done twice, like BP and weight. Except for the office staff, the doctor, nurse practioner, and nurse are all professional. It is quite difficult to get an appointment.

February 7th, 2013
Unprofessional incompetent Dr and receptionist. Good luck , trying to get a call back when you need a Dr. Unacceptable!

March 22nd, 2012
Time to retire
Incompetent rude receptionist . Rushed minimal examination and time spent with patient . Unable to reach Doctor when needed. Rarely returns calls promptly.

January 21st, 2012
Outstanding Endocrinologist, Caring Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Cohen for the past 20+ years. I first saw him when I was tested positive for Graves Disease (hyperthyroid).Dr. Cohen is a very compassionate and competent doctor. I never feel rushed when I see him for an appointment. Getting an appointment in his office is not difficult (of course, that depends on time of year, time of day requested, etc). The last time I called for an appointment I only had to wait for a week (it was not a serious problem).I highly recommend Dr. Cohen for anyone needing a top-notch Endocrinologist.

April 1st, 2010
I won't ever go back!
Although Dr. Cohen provided an accurate diagnosis of my problem,and seemed caring I will not return to his office for any reason.His office staff,with the exception of the lab techs, are the WORST I've ever experienced, and that's saying a lot in Miami. It is nearly impossible to get anyone in the entire place to answer the phone, and I was was waiting on biopsy results. In addition it's very difficult to get somebody on the phone to schedule or confirm an appt. Also, there is NO parking at the office, which is common in Miami, but the office staff fails to inform patients of this critical information and then penlizes you when you are a bit late.

May 10th, 2017