Dr. Martin Schaffer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 2 reviews

November 16th, 2011
Dr. Schaffer is very thorough and spent 2 hours with me on the first visit. I have seen him a few times now and have never had to wait past my scheduled appointment time. He seems to be a great doctor and I would recommend him.

August 24th, 2010
Very professional
I found Dr. Schaffer after being dissatisfied with a pscychiatrist just off of Oak Lawn. I wasn't sure what to expect but found our brief conversation on the phone to be pleasant. Since I was coming to him as a new patient who was unhappy with her current psych care, he suggested our first appointment be 2 hours long, so that we could cover all bases. Our first appointment was extremely thorough. He asked questions about my physical health, family relations, daily activities, mental health, medications, even small things like my illnesses as a child. He listened intently and made notes. He never interrupted. With 45 minutes of the appointment remaining, he ended his questions, gave me his diagnosis and gave me his opinion of what my new treatment plan should be. He is extremely intelligent and professional. I have moved about the country quite a bit so I have experienced many doctors in my life and Dr. Schaffer is by far the most caring, most knowledgeable doctor I have seen to date. He takes everything you tell him very seriously and you can tell he has a deep love for his profession.