Dr. Martin Smith DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

April 12th, 2016
Very professional. Knows his field.

January 21st, 2013
A Waste of Time & Money!
I went to Dr Smith's office for one visit for treatment of spider veins. His staff were all very pleasant but that's the best thing I can say about the visit. The treatment made absolutely no different whatsoever in the appearance of the veins on my legs. I was told that the first treatment would probably have the most impact and any subsequent ones less so. He didn't advise the use of compression stockings at all afterwards which seems to be standard practice in spider vein treatment so that might have been a red flag I suppose. So I'll never know if that could have improved the outcome. I was pretty shocked when he remarked how pale I was (I have typical Celtic coloring) and that I should get out in the sun! Additionally he could take care of all my skin cancer screening needs. I have had numerous moles and spooky things scraped off me and some were abnormal. And when I told my 'real' dermatologist what he said, she was incredulous, kind of laughed but she was also angry. So I wouldn't recommend seeking medical care from this practice.

November 21st, 2012
Overall skin check
A couple of years earlier I had a spot removed by another doctor on my back that turned out to be Basel cell skin cancer. I wanted Marty smith to check my back for any more spots. He told me after about a two second look that I was wasting his time and I had a husband who can check my back. This is pretty much an exact quote of what he said. He then showed me a brochure of skin cancer (which had photos of really bad areas of skin cancer) and he said this is what skin cancer looks like so if I get something that looks like this then I should come back to see him. I was in total shock and did not say anything but left. A couple of years later I was speaking with a friend who had also seen Marty smith (you notice I don't refer to him as Doctor, I don't think he deserves that title) for pretty much the same reason and was told the same thing. I would not refer anyone to see this man. He is not even a board certified dermatologist.

October 30th, 2012
happy itchy person
staff was great, very quick to get in, and everyone seemed in a good mood.

November 30th, 2010
thorough, to the point, good sense of humor