A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Martin Wand:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Martin Wand is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Martin Wand, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Angle-Closure Glaucoma
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Exfoliation Syndrome
- Eye Diseases
- Glaucoma Surgery (Trabeculectomy)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Open-Angle Glaucoma
- Pathologic Neovascularization
Education & Awards
Dr. Wand graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Wand has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Hartford Hospital
- University of Connecticut Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wand accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Anthem - 20 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 18 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Martin Wand practice?
Dr. Martin Wand practices Ophthalmology near Farmington, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Glastonbury, CT.
See Farmington Ophthalmologists.