Dr. Martin Weinberg Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Martin Weinberg?

June 9th, 2016

He's a RUDE, BULLY. Terrible dr.

My original appointment was for 4:45. The dr. changed it to 5, then 5:10, then 5:20, on the day of! He said I’d be there for 1.25 hours. I was there over 3 hours!!! For any appt that’s ridiculous. I should have known when I got to the office and smelled mustiness before I even got in there, that it was a bad idea. That fact should have been confirmed when I saw the condition of it – a threadbare rug in over 2 spots (which I took pictures of), & boxes and debris everywhere. I already knew the doctor had no idea how to keep a schedule because of the time changes, but I thought, well, emergencies happen, and I was having a problem with my eyes. So, I stayed. I really wish I hadn’t. I had to wait over 45 minutes before he saw me. His receptionist left, and he came in and said he had to get coffee. Told me that he was taking his kid to a movie after my appointment and an interview of a new associate, and had to stay up (did I need to know that? No, inappropriate). Then he came into to the waiting area to “talk” to me. It was more like an interrogation and penalty phase. He looked like an unmade bed. Heavy, disheveled, with his Hospital ID hanging on him like a medal he’d earned. He asked me personal questions for over 2 hours – and when I objected to the length of time I was there and the scope of the questions, he told me that he’d “saved lives” with his very detailed intake procedure. He then told me about how many lives he’d saved, supposedly. (A man had a heart attack & the ER called his eye dr? I don’t believe him). He ‘shared’ how he’s “happily divorced” (imagine that, he’s such a catch!), and how his girlfriend is deathly afraid of getting cataract surgery. He told me that his former assistant had screwed him over with the files (hence the mess he tried to explain), and that because of her he’d had to pay over a $100 Grand for forensic accounting for something or other. He should have put some of that into the décor. He complained that he’d paid her to go out on disability for a leg injury, but he’d seen her on the street looking “fine”. He boasted how he’s the Chief of Staff at some Hospital (I don’t remember which, I was so annoyed by him). Is any of this appropriate? A big, annoyed, disinterested, NO. He loves to hear himself talk. No wonder he was late. No emergency. Just his overinflated ego. I feel really sorry for the Residents who have to put up with him full time. At one point, I coughed (I have allergies and was very late for my pill), and he told me that was being “unhygienic by not having done it into my elbow”. Then chastised me about the spread of germs. I coughed into my hand; a dry cough! He’s so rude! He told me that if I have allergies I have to get rid of my cats (not happening I said) and he went off onto his millionth tangent. I thought about leaving before he got to the eye exam more than once. I really wish I had. He finally finished the “intake”. He told me he’d start the exam and “get me out of there in an hour or less”. I tried to throw out my Starbucks cup into a garbage can, and he freaked and stopped me saying “I don’t allow any liquids in the garbage cans”!! Of course, he doesn’t have a cleaning staff, my mistake, clearly, looking at the place! He FINALLY got to the exam portion of the torture. He INSISTED that my hands be on the arms of the (old) chair in a very uncomfortable position. After looking at one eye, I couldn’t keep them there & moved them. He pulled the instrument back and said “I’ll give you a rest before we resume”! I objected to the position & told him I had to get home to give my cats meds so he needed to hurry up. He refused to go on without my hands there! But, it got worse. He put drops in my eyes and I went to wipe my face – and he told me NOT to! He dabbed at my face (missing all the liquid) and so I reached over & got my own tissue. At that point, he went BALLISTIC! He YELLED at me that I’d COUGHED into the hand that touched his “sterile” counter (it was gross, too)! I said I brushed against it with the back of my hand, and got a tissue with my other hand. He yelled “THIS IS MY PLACE, MY RULES APPLY!” He was about to bluster something else but I cut him off & asked if the exam was done. I’d had more than had enough, but was in agony with my eyes. I wanted an Rx, even from him. But, he wasn’t able to see the back of my one eye, for whatever reason! At that point, he announced that it’s allergic and will go away on it’s own. I was skeptical. I had a tear on my eyelid, and he said it would heal on it’s own after I’d already had it for weeks? He said to make a follow up appt. and I told him that he could tear up my file because I wouldn’t be back on a bet. I left there at 8:30pm after getting there at 5:20! I was so angry that I’d been treated so badly that when I went home, that I talked about it for an hour with my hubby. Then I did Yoga deep breathing to calm down. I was mostly angry with myself for having put up with him, when I knew I shouldn’t have. But, I am still angry that people like him exist, and worse, are in the “service” industry. His “bedside manner” is disgusting, like his office. He’s not even a good dr! I went to my regular eye dr. a day later, and they gave me a cream & drops, which cleared up the infection in 3 days. That appt was just over an hour as well, and the office is beautiful, the staff is friendly and kind, and so are the doctors. I begged them for an appt. and they gave me one. I really wish I’d skipped the torture. Do yourself and favor – avoid weinberg like the plague. He should have made me feel comfortable, and been professional. Instead, he’s a rude, angry, pedantic, OCD germaphobe, bullying, inappropriate, boasting buffoon. I couldn’t be more disgusted with him.

January 25th, 2012

he is a weird doctor

July 30th, 2010

NOT recommended by this patient

I couid NOT recommend eye doctor Martin Weinberg, MD of Teaneck, NJ. Glasses are expensive and eyesight is precious. A second opinion is smart before filling the prescription for lenses. I lost faith in Dr. Weinbergs ability to make a correct diagnosis and write a correct prescription. I didnt realize how much dizziness, nausea and headaches can be caused by the wrong glasses/prescription. I wish I had seen a different doctor sooner.

August 31st, 2008

great ophtalmologist. extremely thorough, very personable

May 17th, 2017