A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Our records indicate this doctor is retired.
Learn more about Dr. Marvin Ament:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Marvin Ament is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Marvin Ament, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology, Pediatrics, and Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 32 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Autoimmune Hepatitis
- Celiac Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Crohn Disease
- Cytomegalovirus Infections
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Esophageal Diseases
- Gallstones (Cholelithiasis)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Immunologic Deficiency Syndromes
- Infantile Diarrhea
- Intestinal Diseases
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Failure (Acute)
- Liver Transplantation
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Ament graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Ament has 8 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Good Samaritan Hospital-LA
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ament accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- LA Care Health Plan - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Blue Shield of California - 78 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Marvin E. Ament practice?
Dr. Marvin Ament practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, and Gastroenterology near Los Angeles, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Madera, CA.
See Los Angeles Pediatricians, Los Angeles Pediatric Specialists, Los Angeles Internists, and Los Angeles Gastroenterologists.