Dr. Marvin Faulkner DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

February 29th, 2016
most terrible experience with a doctor by far; didn't thoroughly explain anything and never follows up when promised.

April 2nd, 2015
Great doctor!!!

February 19th, 2015
Greatest Doctor
Best Doctor I've ever seen.

March 10th, 2014
patient
This was my first apt. with Dr Faulkner and this appointment was so disappointing. Started off a another Dr. was to join him on this day and I was to see that doctor . He did not show and so I saw Dr Faulkner. I was to arrive by 8 and my appointment was at 9:15. They took me to a room at 10:00 and after waiting for over 3 1/2 hours the doctor comes in. He was not shaved and had no indication that he was even a doctor. Had plain clothes by that I mean blue jeans and sweat shirt. Would not look in in the eye and did not even acknowledge my husband who had came with me. I told him the situation and I saw no compassion from him what so ever. His main concern was to in stall a pain pump. He was not concerned about any thing I had said. What I saw in him was a scared Doctor that was afraid to do what was right and condemn other doctors that did have compassion for people in pain. If you plan on going to see him plan on getting lectured about pain pumps. This is where the money is and they have control over you. Also there was a reluctance to even consider the medication management that I had been on for many years. Chronic Pain is not something to take lightly. Even the littlest things can be huge when your in so much pain that NO one cares any more about that. So be careful who you choose to be your DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

January 16th, 2014
Hope
He is a shining light in a world of darkness.

July 12th, 2013
patient from Texas for 14 years (he moved out of state)
I had the pleasure of having the best pain mgmt dr in 14 yrs. I had drs before Dr. Faulkner, 2 years later I am still trying to find one. It has been very difficult. Doctors do not care like he does. He has an excellent bedside manner. He cares about all of your medical not just pain. He follows up to be sure you are doing well. He always makes sure you understand everything. )A lot of drs like to talk in medical terms} He makes you feel like you are the most important patient medically, and treats you with such respect. Another area I cant find in a dr still. Dr. Faulkner never overlooked anything medically and always tried to see if he had done all possible to make you are as painfree as possible. Pain mgmt drs deal with negative things everyday. To do it as long as Dr. Faulkner has and care like he was a new doctor is amazing to me, and very rare. I ofen heard patients in the waiting room talking, I always heard good things. Many patients liked to buy him things and make him things to show how much they appreciated him. The one thing that really shocked me was this. I had been seeing him about 4 yrs, and asked his nurse one day if he was married and had children. Only to find out he had lost his wife not long before I had started seeing him. She showed me a picture of his beautiful wife and three very good looking young children. I was shocked because, had I not asked I would never had known. He always walked in that room with a smile and let you know he cared about you as a person and a patient. How do you find a doctor that cares at least some when you had the very best?? I have consulted with over 50 doctors and still cant find a decent one, it is hard when so many just dont seem to care anymore.

December 2nd, 2011
Dr Faulkner; a medical professional with a heart for his patients.
Dr Faulkner has been more than a medical professional; he has been a great blessing in a very difficult situation of pain management with my son. Dr Faulkner took on the role of our advocate within the system. He was proactive with peer to peer contacts in an effort to seek a definitive diagnosis after this case had been given up. I highly recommend Dr Faulkner.

April 8th, 2011
dr faulkner is fantastic but his nurse sux rude and does not care about the people she does not know what she is doing

September 15th, 2010
Dr Faulkner is the BEST!!
I've been a patient of Dr F for over 7 years. In all the time I've seen him, hehas been very caring (he listens). You don't find this quality in very many doctors today. He listens and answers all of your questions, no matter how long you need to talk with him. He's always been spot-on with the comfort level he achieves in my case. He is the best doctor I think I could have found.

June 2nd, 2008
The search for a great PM doc ended here!
After seeing 4-5 different pain management physicians and not caring for any, a source reccomended Dr Faulkner. Despite being somewhat difficult to get into (make sure your records are complete and sent over, including info that your current PM is no longer prescribing meds for you), I am so happy with Dr F and his staff. It's rare that you find a doctor AND staff that you like both. Dr F's daughter works the front office, which pratically guarantees "niceness" (she's get her butt kicked if she was rude). Dr F is extremely knowlegable, and isn't afraid to bring out the big guns, although there are reasonable limits in place. Expect to have rules to follow, as with any smart PM office. I have been extremely happy here.