Dr. Marvin Goldstein MD Patient Reviews

4.8

September 6th, 2016
Great doctor ...practices medicine the way it should be practiced!
When I moved to New York I asked some friends to suggest an MD that took my insurance. I was horrified by the first two I visited. They hardly looked up at me and (it seemed) were running insurance mills. Then three years ago I got really sick and was scared. My room-mate was a nurse at Mt. Sinai. She suggested Dr. Goldstein. What a joy! He spent time carefully examined me and was the first NYC doc that clearly was more interested in my health than his own fiscal health. Over the last years I have seen him for routine exams and flu shots to one serious bout that had me hospitalized. In every case I could not have asked for better attention. I now understand board certified means something. He reminds me of the physician I had back home in Nebraska.

April 23rd, 2013
Long time
Been going to Dr. Goldstein for over 30 years,,Most of what his treatment is common sense.Has great network of doctors if its something that requires a specialist

October 13th, 2012
THE BEST!
Not since I left my small town doctor twenty years have I found an MD that cares. Add to that ...this guy really knows medicine. A true find. Proves always ask a nurse to suggest an MD when you need one. My old girl friend worked with him at the hospital. She is gone from my life but Dr. G will be in my life whenever I get sick.

February 24th, 2010
Tells it like it is. No sugar coatings

August 7th, 2009
Responsive, Caring, Smart
I first saw Dr. Goldstein by emergency recommendation from another doctor, and subsequently brought another member of my family to see him. He is accessible and more responsive than any doctor I've dealt with in my adult life. Though not effusive, he is nice, asks plenty of questions and in my experience takes an intelligent and measured approach to treatment(specifically, he doesn't rush to over-medicate). There's another reviewer on this site that complains he's an old fashioned doctor, to which I respond--hooray! I wish all my doctors were this "old-fashioned." I offer an unconditional recommendation.