inactive

Marvin Lewis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

August 10th, 2015
Hours to make an appointment and hours of waiting to be seen

June 5th, 2014
Worst office staff and Dr ever!! Over hills Road office
This is the worst staff and Dr we have ever Made an appt with. We have Tricare Prime for insurance, we made an appt ,was early for the appt and paid the copay, being that I am retired military. We waited about two hours, they put my son in a room in the back and just forgot about him. I asked the nurse aid, did they forget about us she stated " the doctor is behind just have a seat" with an attitudinal tone. We immediately left and guess who we see in the parking ? Dr Lewis ! They basically blew us off so he could attend another event!! I should have read the reviews and taken heed!! Now the office on Hey 87 is totally different and comes highly recommend! !!

August 13th, 2012
Dr. called me fat
I explained to Dr. my interest in getting pregnant and steps I was taking to be healthy ie: working and adjusting my diet and he told me I better not plan on getting pregnant until I lost significant weight as I was overweight and it would be harmful to a baby to carry it at my weight. I am 5'9 and 195lbs which is a bit overweight but by no means obese. I was very taken aback by having a doctor tell me I better not get pregnant cause I was too fat. I also reported to him that one of the other staff prescribed me narcotic pain med for a sinus infection instead of giving me the antibiotics that I needed. He didn't even bat an eye as though this was no big deal, but it is to me as not only did I not receive proper treatment but getting narcotic meds for a non pain related issue makes me believe they had it out like candy.

May 24th, 2012
Unprofessional is an understatement!
I went to this office to support a friend while she waited to hear if she had breast cancer. Just from the way the front staff treated her I wouldn't even consider being their patient. Then on top of it after a 3 hour wait she finally makes it back just to have the Doctor to tell her that she will need further testing and then he preceded to make her feel bad for asking questions and being concerned! After he left one of his own nurses recommended that my friend get a second opinion! Awful...just awful!

October 11th, 2011
Extremely unprofessional
I went to see this doctor with a pre-existing injury from the military that was well documented. After being kept waiting for over an hour I was treated with great disrespect, called a drug addict and told that he was not my dealer. Just because someone uses pain medication does not make them an addict. I brought my son to see him to have his blood sugar checked and was told maybe I should take him to mental health. I will never go to this doctor again. His staff was rude, racist and vulgar.

May 25th, 2011
Not Everyone is a drug addict
I went in with a severe and very noticeable ulnar nerve problem and was basically informed that by Dr. Lewis that he isn't my drug dealer. I had a stack of medical records from my surgeon showing the extent of the damage and Dr. Lewis wrote my medication on a on time only basis. I was told to file a complaint against him which I fully intend to do. NOT EVERYONE WHO GOES TO YOU IS A DRUG ADDICT! VERY RUDE AND UNCARING!

November 30th, 2010
Dr. Lewis is extremely rude. I went into the practise to make an appointment with another dr in the practise, but he was out and they told me, that Dr Lewis could see me today, & I said ok. I waited 1 1/2 hrs. in the exam. room, so I opened the door & asked when the Dr. would see me & she said she would get the nurse. I left the door open since I was there for dizziness & nauesa, I thought it would help if I wasn't closed up. The nurse & the Dr came & he said something to me that I did not understand, because I am hard of hearing & I asked him to repeat himself & he threw you his right arm in digust & told the nurse, "YOU TALK TO HER and he went on down the hall. I refused to see such a person that would dare call himself a dr. that would treat a 70 yr old hard of hearing person in such a manner.