Dr. Marvin Riske MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

April 4th, 2016
Front office incompetence!!!
Made an appointment last friday, but my doctor wasn't going to in until Thursday because was an regent matter the woman on the phone said she could get me in 8 o'clock Monday but with a different doctor. I arrived today at 750am for my appointment and there was someone sitting outside in their car so I thought the office wasn't open yet so I waited about 5 minutes, then decided to check the door it was open but no one was up front so I sat down. In the mean time the person who was outside came in, signed in, and sat down. About 5 minutes went by before the office staff came out from the back and asked if I was here for a blood draw and I stated no I here for an appointment but I hadn't signed in, so I signed in. After a few minutes she stated my appointment wasn't until next Monday. I stated no, it's today 8 am. She said there was only one doctor there today and he was booked. I then told her why I was there and what I was told on the phone. She disappeared so waited for her to come back and talk to me. She had moved over out of sight, she had texted the employee who made the appointment and check with them if I was telling her the truth. She never even bothered to check with the doctor. So I asked again if she could get me in she said no, she had an appointment tomorrow. I said no thanks and left. Someone just called me from the office, said they had a cancellation and could get me in later today. I have been in there office later in the day, you sit in the lobby for over an hour. The reason I didn't go urgent care Friday was my medical history, now I need to find a new primary care doctor because of the office incompetence. I have been in the lobby when this staff bad month another patient and I also been lied to by them about a referral being sent when it hadn't been. I'm not sure if there are understaffed and over worked or whether or not they just don't care. Either way my medical care suffers and when you don'the feel well, no one wants to deal with it!

January 5th, 2016
Worse doctor and needs to lose her licences. Went in because I was diagnosed with mono from going to the ER. Anyone who has had mono knows it can take hrs to muster uo the energy to get up. After I get to the dr. I notice dr riske now charging an additional 75.00 if you need fmla paperwork done on top of an additional visit...annoyed but ok... when the nurse checks my vitals my blood pressure is 127/98 and for a 32 yr old that is high and I have a fever... I'm finally taken into the room and I'm waiting a hour. When she finally walks in she doesn't apologize but says the clock is fast when indeed it's actually late so it's still been a hr. She begins to ask me questions I answer them but notice and attitude and I ask why she proceeds to blame me and gets up and walks out and says she can't help me.. so apparently letting me die of high blood pressure, letting my fever be untreated and prescribing me alternative medicine is something she was unwilling to do. I have never been treated so bad let alone by a health professional. She should be sued for malpractice and never treat patients again

July 27th, 2015
Think twice before scheduling with this practice!!!!
I have been going to dr Risks for many years and have seen it going in the wrong direction since the start of the weight loss and anti-aging clinics began. Dr Risks has decided to concentrate on the money, not the care. Staff turnover is like a revolving door -you never know who you will see! Then every time I was waiting for my appointment I was told they could test me for allergies and It wouldn't' cost me anything (only the insurance companies!!!) Then I noticed that they now had their own "pharmacy" All the while I was complaining to friends that I needed to find a new doctor. And I was noticing fewer and fewer people in their waiting room. The final straw was when I actually saw a memo handed out to staff telling them not to address more than 2 issues with a patient. Have them schedule another appointment. And we wonder why our insurance premiums are so high! This office will not be collecting anymore from my insurance company!!!!

February 15th, 2015
Dr. Riske genuinely wants to help his patients feel their very best and healthy!

May 2nd, 2014
Rating this doctor a 1 is being generous! I thought I had found a great practice only to find out they are full of lies and unprofessionalism Inaccurate records, he's already been reported before . daughter lies for him and his wife at the front desk! They run a weight loss business and promotes nutrition.. Hmmmmm, another lie if you see them at the store..

February 21st, 2014
Ignored
I have been with Dr.Riske since 2012 and felt him very qualified in his field and has referred me to many good specialist but suddenly I was pushed and went from one person to another. He has even ignored me when he saw me in his lobby waiting for my appointment with another doctor. HOW RUDE IS THAT! His office staff is unreliable, they never call back! With all these reviews, it is a wonder he is still in business! There is one good outcome, I really like that doctor I'm with now but may just have to find another office inspite of my liking my doctor at this office .

January 8th, 2014
I had been with Dr Riske for many years. He was a great doctor. But, he has turned his back on his patients in lieu of running a weight loss and anti aging clinic. It appears that he doesn't practice internal medicine anymore. At my last visit, his staff were surprised that I was there for a physical. Then I looked around and saw that 99% of his clients are obese and are there to lose weight. If you want a good doc, you'll have to look elesewhere. So sad..

December 31st, 2013
Let down
Dr. Riske was fantastic in the first few years of his independent practice, in the 1990s. I was really proud that I had found the "best possible doctor". Then little by little, he withdrew from internal and family medicine, at first being replaced by DOs, and then by PAs and Naturopaths. At his first location, at 13838 S 46th Place, his staff was super nice and very professional. But after he moved to his 4530 E. Ray Road location, his new staff is unprofessional, appears stressed and confused, obviously overworked, hence rude and hurried, except for one. I toughed it out for some time, but after a while, I wanted to touch base with whom I thought was my Primary Care Physician. I was shocked to hear that in spite of his office sign - Weight Loss Boot Camp, Internal Medicine & Anti-Aging - he now sees patients only for weight loss and fitness, geriatrics, Botox, and Latisse (eye lashes growth) treatment. In the 90s, he would talk with you until you are totally done with all of your issues. Later, he had his patients seen by physician assistants or skilled nurses, who were only allowed to discuss three issues. More recently, he has hired naturopaths and allows them to discuss only one issue. If he wanted to stop seeing patients as a primary care physician, he should have informed his patients instead of having them find out the hard way. Recently I needed a clarification concerning the advice of one of his staff, who told me to stop using medication to control my high cholesterol. I tried to call Dr. Riske to verify whether he agreed with that decision. I was told by his staff that he no longer returns phone calls. Gee!... I was only seeking one word from him: Yes or No. That was too much to ask...

July 5th, 2012
Something seems funnyC
I have been a patient of Marvin for more than seven years and I can't help to notice he has very high turnover. every time i go in he have new doctor seeing me. I asked once but he was vague. Just wondering why such high turnover? Can that be OK?

September 28th, 2010
He dosn't have enough equipment to get you started.
My husband and I waited 4o minutes only to find out that the monitors they have to give you is a two week or more wait. This is only the first step of many of this program. If you are looking to get started right away to loose weight, it is not going to happen. My gues is around a month. We cancelled and now are going to a different clinic

August 10th, 2010
Dr. Riske Needs To Catch A Clue
"Dr. Riske said the enough of the right things to get himself hired. However, he didn't do the right things and got himself fired." Dr. Riske is inept and certainly is one of those doctors who is only practicing for the money and (to top it off with the cherry)he has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen in a physician. Furthermore, he berates his patients and neither he nor comparabably or even more inept physicians assistants (PAs) can't diagnose your issues, then they become "psychotherapists" and tell you everything is in your head. And don't get me started on his incompetent office staff...

May 24th, 2010
Doesn't care
WOW, I have never been to a Dr. with such terrible bedside manner. His attitude seems to be of the mindset not really in it for the care only money. If the dx. is not of simple mature he would prefer to not be bothered by you. Resulting in No care.