3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Front office incompetence!!! show details Front office incompetence!!!
Apr 4th, 2016

Made an appointment last friday, but my doctor wasn't going to in until Thursday because was an regent matter the woman on the phone said she could get me in 8 o'clock Monday but with a different doctor. I arrived today at 750am for my appointment and there was someone sitting outside in their car so I thought the office wasn't open yet so I waited about 5 minutes, then decided to check the door it was open but no one was up front so I sat down. In the mean time the person who was outside came in, signed in, and sat down. About 5 minutes went by before the office staff came out from the back and asked if I was here for a blood draw and I stated no I here for an appointment but I hadn't signed in, so I signed in. After a few minutes she stated my appointment wasn't until next Monday. I stated no, it's today 8 am. She said there was only one doctor there today and he was booked. I then told her why I was there and what I was told on the phone. She disappeared so waited for her to come back and talk to me. She had moved over out of sight, she had texted the employee who made the appointment and check with them if I was telling her the truth. She never even bothered to check with the doctor. So I asked again if she could get me in she said no, she had an appointment tomorrow. I said no thanks and left. Someone just called me from the office, said they had a cancellation and could get me in later today. I have been in there office later in the day, you sit in the lobby for over an hour. The reason I didn't go urgent care Friday was my medical history, now I need to find a new primary care doctor because of the office incompetence. I have been in the lobby when this staff bad month another patient and I also been lied to by them about a referral being sent when it hadn't been. I'm not sure if there are understaffed and over worked or whether or not they just don't care. Either way my medical care suffers and when you don'the feel well, no one wants to deal with it!

Jan 5th, 2016

Worse doctor and needs to lose her licences. Went in because I was diagnosed with mono from going to the ER. Anyone who has had mono knows it can take hrs to muster uo the energy to get up. After I get to the dr. I notice dr riske now charging an additional 75.00 if you need fmla paperwork done on top of an additional visit...annoyed but ok... when the nurse checks my vitals my blood pressure is 127/98 and for a 32 yr old that is high and I have a fever... I'm finally taken into the room and I'm waiting a hour. When she finally walks in she doesn't apologize but says the clock is fast when indeed it's actually late so it's still been a hr. She begins to ask me questions I answer them but notice and attitude and I ask why she proceeds to blame me and gets up and walks out and says she can't help me.. so apparently letting me die of high blood pressure, letting my fever be untreated and prescribing me alternative medicine is something she was unwilling to do. I have never been treated so bad let alone by a health professional. She should be sued for malpractice and never treat patients again

Think twice before scheduling with this practice!!!! show details Think twice before scheduling with this practice!!!!
by Bobbie on Jul 27th, 2015

I have been going to dr Risks for many years and have seen it going in the wrong direction since the start of the weight loss and anti-aging clinics began. Dr Risks has decided to concentrate on the money, not the care. Staff turnover is like a revolving door -you never know who you will see! Then every time I was waiting for my appointment I was told they could test me for allergies and It wouldn't' cost me anything (only the insurance companies!!!) Then I noticed that they now had their own "pharmacy" All the while I was complaining to friends that I needed to find a new doctor. And I was noticing fewer and fewer people in their waiting room. The final straw was when I actually saw a memo handed out to staff telling them not to address more than 2 issues with a patient. Have them schedule another appointment. And we wonder why our insurance premiums are so high! This office will not be collecting anymore from my insurance company!!!!

Feb 15th, 2015

Dr. Riske genuinely wants to help his patients feel their very best and healthy!

May 2nd, 2014

Rating this doctor a 1 is being generous! I thought I had found a great practice only to find out they are full of lies and unprofessionalism Inaccurate records, he's already been reported before . daughter lies for him and his wife at the front desk! They run a weight loss business and promotes nutrition.. Hmmmmm, another lie if you see them at the store..

Ignored show details Ignored
by Teresa on Feb 21st, 2014

I have been with Dr.Riske since 2012 and felt him very qualified in his field and has referred me to many good specialist but suddenly I was pushed and went from one person to another. He has even ignored me when he saw me in his lobby waiting for my appointment with another doctor. HOW RUDE IS THAT! His office staff is unreliable, they never call back! With all these reviews, it is a wonder he is still in business! There is one good outcome, I really like that doctor I'm with now but may just have to find another office inspite of my liking my doctor at this office .

by Lost a good doc from Ahwatukee on Jan 8th, 2014

I had been with Dr Riske for many years. He was a great doctor. But, he has turned his back on his patients in lieu of running a weight loss and anti aging clinic. It appears that he doesn't practice internal medicine anymore. At my last visit, his staff were surprised that I was there for a physical. Then I looked around and saw that 99% of his clients are obese and are there to lose weight. If you want a good doc, you'll have to look elesewhere. So sad..

Let down show details Let down
by Mado R. on Dec 31st, 2013

Dr. Riske was fantastic in the first few years of his independent practice, in the 1990s. I was really proud that I had found the "best possible doctor". Then little by little, he withdrew from internal and family medicine, at first being replaced by DOs, and then by PAs and Naturopaths. At his first location, at 13838 S 46th Place, his staff was super nice and very professional. But after he moved to his 4530 E. Ray Road location, his new staff is unprofessional, appears stressed and confused, obviously overworked, hence rude and hurried, except for one. I toughed it out for some time, but after a while, I wanted to touch base with whom I thought was my Primary Care Physician. I was shocked to hear that in spite of his office sign - Weight Loss Boot Camp, Internal Medicine & Anti-Aging - he now sees patients only for weight loss and fitness, geriatrics, Botox, and Latisse (eye lashes growth) treatment. In the 90s, he would talk with you until you are totally done with all of your issues. Later, he had his patients seen by physician assistants or skilled nurses, who were only allowed to discuss three issues. More recently, he has hired naturopaths and allows them to discuss only one issue. If he wanted to stop seeing patients as a primary care physician, he should have informed his patients instead of having them find out the hard way. Recently I needed a clarification concerning the advice of one of his staff, who told me to stop using medication to control my high cholesterol. I tried to call Dr. Riske to verify whether he agreed with that decision. I was told by his staff that he no longer returns phone calls. Gee!... I was only seeking one word from him: Yes or No. That was too much to ask...

Something seems funnyC show details Something seems funnyC
Jul 5th, 2012

I have been a patient of Marvin for more than seven years and I can't help to notice he has very high turnover. every time i go in he have new doctor seeing me. I asked once but he was vague. Just wondering why such high turnover? Can that be OK?

He dosn't have enough equipment to get you started. show details He dosn't have enough equipment to get you started.
by Frustrated! on Sep 28th, 2010

My husband and I waited 4o minutes only to find out that the monitors they have to give you is a two week or more wait. This is only the first step of many of this program. If you are looking to get started right away to loose weight, it is not going to happen. My gues is around a month. We cancelled and now are going to a different clinic

Dr. Riske Needs To Catch A Clue show details Dr. Riske Needs To Catch A Clue
by Former Patient on Aug 10th, 2010

"Dr. Riske said the enough of the right things to get himself hired. However, he didn't do the right things and got himself fired." Dr. Riske is inept and certainly is one of those doctors who is only practicing for the money and (to top it off with the cherry)he has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen in a physician. Furthermore, he berates his patients and neither he nor comparabably or even more inept physicians assistants (PAs) can't diagnose your issues, then they become "psychotherapists" and tell you everything is in your head. And don't get me started on his incompetent office staff...

Doesn't care show details Doesn't care
May 24th, 2010

WOW, I have never been to a Dr. with such terrible bedside manner. His attitude seems to be of the mindset not really in it for the care only money. If the dx. is not of simple mature he would prefer to not be bothered by you. Resulting in No care.

If you don't care if you doc cares about you, this is your doc... show details If you don't care if you doc cares about you, this is your doc...
Apr 22nd, 2010

This Doctors diet plan is excellent however this doctor is in it for the money. The front staff is VERY overly concerned about your insurance. You are a cash cow (literally) to them. They do not care about you, your issues or your life. They milk you for every penny they can get from your insurance and do not care how many people you refer, they never say thank you. Dr M Riske has no personality, no bedside manner. His wife, Sonya is nice, so pray you see her and not her husband. Either way, avoid this office if you are looking for TLC. The front doesn't have it nor do the doctors...

Fabulous physician show details Fabulous physician
by JL on Mar 15th, 2010

Dr. Riske has been my physician for 2 years now. He has helped me through a couple significant medical issues with a generous amount of compassion and caring. He is very thorough. The office is extremely well run, and the staff members are pleasant.

by Angela Gashwazra on Feb 21st, 2010

Dr. Riske and staff have been great!! I have recommended him to several people looking for a new doctor.

The most caring Dr. in the valley show details The most caring Dr. in the valley
by J from Chandler on Nov 2nd, 2009

I have seen Dr. Riske for several years. I adore him and his staff. I have never in my time with the practice had one problem with them. I don't like the fact it takes so long to get into the appointment book for him. He has PA's and such, but they don't know me, Dr. Riske does. I had to leave his care but did so with sadness. He is the best. I even think of him as a friend.

Dr. Riske is top drawer show details Dr. Riske is top drawer
Oct 1st, 2009

Dr. Riske was very attentive, always

Worst experience I ever had in a doctor's office..... show details Worst experience I ever had in a doctor's office.....
Mar 30th, 2009

Dr. Riske was already 45 minutes late for a 9:30 appointment. After all that, he only spent 5 minutes in the room with me. He was very condescending and does not like answering questions. I felt my appointment was too rushed and I didn't receive the care I needed.

by L.S. on Mar 8th, 2009

This doctor actually told me to "get out." I have several problems due to an auto accident besides regular physical concerns. I was seen by the P.A., and a new "female" doctor besides Dr. Riske. I enjoyed the P.A. & never had an issue with him. We even laughed at us both having "shakes" due to thyroid issues. Mike was very plesant. Patty, however, (the female doctor) could NEVER answer my questions. She became hostile when I pushed for answers, and insisted that I speak with Dr. Riske. She often stated that my question was not her field. When I made specific appts for Dr. Riske, I was put back with Patti. It was a nightmare, but never confrontational. Then, during my last appt., I was told by Dr. Riske that "ALL three had decided that I would NEVER be satisfied with their services, and he felt I should find another doctor!" I was floored! I truly don't believe Mike knew about this decision, but even if he did, this conclusion was ABSOLUTELY because the doctors there did NOT KNOW HOW TO TREAT MY SYMPTOMS, and therefore threw me out! I have found a doctor now that takes time to address my concerns, & has no problem sending me to a specialist for issues out of his practice. I adore him, and I've gotten a lot better. I know of another patient "thrown out" of Dr. Riske's practice because she demanded answers & got the run-around. I wonder how many people he has asked to leave?

Dr. Riske show details Dr. Riske
Jan 31st, 2009

I've known Dr. Riske for years and he's become a close family friend, every patient should have this good of a relationship with their doctor. The staff are so caring and all know me by name, going to the office is a delight.