Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 2nd, 2014

Rating this doctor a 1 is being generous! I thought I had found a great practice only to find out they are full of lies and unprofessionalism Inaccurate records, he's already been reported before . daughter lies for him and his wife at the front desk! They run a weight loss business and promotes nutrition.. Hmmmmm, another lie if you see them at the store..

|  Ignored  |  show details
by Teresa on Feb 21st, 2014

I have been with Dr.Riske since 2012 and felt him very qualified in his field and has referred me to many good specialist but suddenly I was pushed and went from one person to another. He has even ignored me when he saw me in his lobby waiting for my appointment with another doctor. HOW RUDE IS THAT! His office staff is unreliable, they never call back! With all these reviews, it is a wonder he is still in business! There is one good outcome, I really like that doctor I'm with now but may just have to find another office inspite of my liking my doctor at this office .

by Lost a good doc from Ahwatukee on Jan 8th, 2014

I had been with Dr Riske for many years. He was a great doctor. But, he has turned his back on his patients in lieu of running a weight loss and anti aging clinic. It appears that he doesn't practice internal medicine anymore. At my last visit, his staff were surprised that I was there for a physical. Then I looked around and saw that 99% of his clients are obese and are there to lose weight. If you want a good doc, you'll have to look elesewhere. So sad..

|  Let down  |  show details
by Mado R. on Dec 31st, 2013

Dr. Riske was fantastic in the first few years of his independent practice, in the 1990s. I was really proud that I had found the "best possible doctor". Then little by little, he withdrew from internal and family medicine, at first being replaced by DOs, and then by PAs and Naturopaths. At his first location, at 13838 S 46th Place, his staff was super nice and very professional. But after he moved to his 4530 E. Ray Road location, his new staff is unprofessional, appears stressed and confused, obviously overworked, hence rude and hurried, except for one. I toughed it out for some time, but after a while, I wanted to touch base with whom I thought was my Primary Care Physician. I was shocked to hear that in spite of his office sign - Weight Loss Boot Camp, Internal Medicine & Anti-Aging - he now sees patients only for weight loss and fitness, geriatrics, Botox, and Latisse (eye lashes growth) treatment. In the 90s, he would talk with you until you are totally done with all of your issues. Later, he had his patients seen by physician assistants or skilled nurses, who were only allowed to discuss three issues. More recently, he has hired naturopaths and allows them to discuss only one issue. If he wanted to stop seeing patients as a primary care physician, he should have informed his patients instead of having them find out the hard way. Recently I needed a clarification concerning the advice of one of his staff, who told me to stop using medication to control my high cholesterol. I tried to call Dr. Riske to verify whether he agreed with that decision. I was told by his staff that he no longer returns phone calls. Gee!... I was only seeking one word from him: Yes or No. That was too much to ask...

Oct 27th, 2012

Dr. Risk has been my pcp for 5 years and I have never actually gotten a visit with him. When I call to schedule an apt. They tell me he is booked for a month and pass me onto a nurse practitioner. I insisted on seeing him for my last visit for an physical a week after my well woman exam at his office w a female doctor, but when I showed up they had a different nmd do my exam. While I was in the office waiting for my well woman on 10/15 the receptionist was arguing with another man about seeing Dr. Riske and she told him he wasn't booking any physicals until after the first of the year.

|  Something seems funnyC  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

I have been a patient of Marvin for more than seven years and I can't help to notice he has very high turnover. every time i go in he have new doctor seeing me. I asked once but he was vague. Just wondering why such high turnover? Can that be OK?

|  He dosn't have enough equipment to get you started.  |  show details
by Frustrated! on Sep 28th, 2010

My husband and I waited 4o minutes only to find out that the monitors they have to give you is a two week or more wait. This is only the first step of many of this program. If you are looking to get started right away to loose weight, it is not going to happen. My gues is around a month. We cancelled and now are going to a different clinic

|  Dr. Riske Needs To Catch A Clue  |  show details
by Former Patient on Aug 10th, 2010

"Dr. Riske said the enough of the right things to get himself hired. However, he didn't do the right things and got himself fired." Dr. Riske is inept and certainly is one of those doctors who is only practicing for the money and (to top it off with the cherry)he has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen in a physician. Furthermore, he berates his patients and neither he nor comparabably or even more inept physicians assistants (PAs) can't diagnose your issues, then they become "psychotherapists" and tell you everything is in your head. And don't get me started on his incompetent office staff...

|  Doesn't care  |  show details
May 24th, 2010

WOW, I have never been to a Dr. with such terrible bedside manner. His attitude seems to be of the mindset not really in it for the care only money. If the dx. is not of simple mature he would prefer to not be bothered by you. Resulting in No care.

|  If you don't care if you doc cares about you, this is your doc...  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2010

This Doctors diet plan is excellent however this doctor is in it for the money. The front staff is VERY overly concerned about your insurance. You are a cash cow (literally) to them. They do not care about you, your issues or your life. They milk you for every penny they can get from your insurance and do not care how many people you refer, they never say thank you. Dr M Riske has no personality, no bedside manner. His wife, Sonya is nice, so pray you see her and not her husband. Either way, avoid this office if you are looking for TLC. The front doesn't have it nor do the doctors...

|  Fabulous physician  |  show details
by JL on Mar 15th, 2010

Dr. Riske has been my physician for 2 years now. He has helped me through a couple significant medical issues with a generous amount of compassion and caring. He is very thorough. The office is extremely well run, and the staff members are pleasant.

by Angela Gashwazra on Feb 21st, 2010

Dr. Riske and staff have been great!! I have recommended him to several people looking for a new doctor.

|  The most caring Dr. in the valley  |  show details
by J from Chandler on Nov 2nd, 2009

I have seen Dr. Riske for several years. I adore him and his staff. I have never in my time with the practice had one problem with them. I don't like the fact it takes so long to get into the appointment book for him. He has PA's and such, but they don't know me, Dr. Riske does. I had to leave his care but did so with sadness. He is the best. I even think of him as a friend.

|  Dr. Riske is top drawer  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2009

Dr. Riske was very attentive, always

|  Worst experience I ever had in a doctor's office.....  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2009

Dr. Riske was already 45 minutes late for a 9:30 appointment. After all that, he only spent 5 minutes in the room with me. He was very condescending and does not like answering questions. I felt my appointment was too rushed and I didn't receive the care I needed.

by L.S. on Mar 8th, 2009

This doctor actually told me to "get out." I have several problems due to an auto accident besides regular physical concerns. I was seen by the P.A., and a new "female" doctor besides Dr. Riske. I enjoyed the P.A. & never had an issue with him. We even laughed at us both having "shakes" due to thyroid issues. Mike was very plesant. Patty, however, (the female doctor) could NEVER answer my questions. She became hostile when I pushed for answers, and insisted that I speak with Dr. Riske. She often stated that my question was not her field. When I made specific appts for Dr. Riske, I was put back with Patti. It was a nightmare, but never confrontational. Then, during my last appt., I was told by Dr. Riske that "ALL three had decided that I would NEVER be satisfied with their services, and he felt I should find another doctor!" I was floored! I truly don't believe Mike knew about this decision, but even if he did, this conclusion was ABSOLUTELY because the doctors there did NOT KNOW HOW TO TREAT MY SYMPTOMS, and therefore threw me out! I have found a doctor now that takes time to address my concerns, & has no problem sending me to a specialist for issues out of his practice. I adore him, and I've gotten a lot better. I know of another patient "thrown out" of Dr. Riske's practice because she demanded answers & got the run-around. I wonder how many people he has asked to leave?

|  Dr. Riske  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2009

I've known Dr. Riske for years and he's become a close family friend, every patient should have this good of a relationship with their doctor. The staff are so caring and all know me by name, going to the office is a delight.