Dr. Marvin Shienbaum, MD
Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Tattoo Removal  |  show details
May 14th, 2014

When I was young and on a whim, I got a tattoo on my wrist. I have regretted it ever since. It is ugly and looks very unprofessional. I have researched and tried various ways of having the tattoo removed including laser, sand abrasion, (scrubbing the skin with salt) lemon, and cryo (freezing the tattoo off). While most offices recommend laser tattoo removal, I have learned that they do not work well on multi-colored/layered tattoos. It seems each individual layer and color of the tattoo has its own wavelength with varying depths which corresponds to specific tattoo pigments that darker colored and black inks can be more completely removed with the laser technique. The laser apparently breaks down the ink particles which are then absorbed by the body. I consulted Dr. Shienbaum who explained to me the benefits of each type of tattoo treatment and that multiple repeated laser treatments would be required for my particular tattoo. After some consideration I opted to have the tattoo such as mine excised surgically in one procedure. I could n ot have been happier. The incision was placed in a natural crease of my wrist and after just two months it appeared to have the same color as my normal skin. It proved to be an excellent choice for removal in one sitting without the need for recurrent visits, and the potential for discoloration and pigmentation irregularities. The excision now looks like a normal crease line of my wrist and is barely visible. I could not recommend Dr. Shienbaum more highly.

|  Lipo?fat injection  |  show details
by Debbie Taylor on Mar 17th, 2014

The moment I walked into the office the experience was most pleasurable, I was greeted by the staff, But the "Whole experience" was one I can say "I don't remember"... I will explain... I went in for Lipo/fat injection to the cheeks, no needles/shots etc., a small pill, simple.No Pain, and don't remember a thing of the whole procedure. But I was able to see the results instantly and was amazed! I work in the Surgical Field and most patients have pain or swelling and I can tell you I had NONE, I was so excited when everyone I work with told me how great I looked and looked refreshed the very next day. I love this and would gladly tell anyone Do it For You.MArvin Sheinbaum is on the edge of plastic surgery, I am so happy He explained everything completely and answered questions, I had no fear or reservations going in and was fully amaqzed by He and His wonderful staff! A many thanks to you all.

|  Amazing experience!!  |  show details
by Annie V. on Mar 10th, 2014

Dr. Shienbaum and his staff made me feel completely comfortable before, during, & after my surgery. I would definitely recommend Dr. Shienbaum too anyone considering plastic surgery. I couldn't have had a better experience & I am extremely pleased with my results!!

Jan 22nd, 2014

I met with a previous surgeon who told me that my nose had been so badly broken that he could not even guarantee that it could be fixed and surgery may actually make it worse. He gave me zero confidence in his care. Dr. Shienbaum was amazing from the moment I met him. He was very confident in the results he could achieve and immediately made me feel more confident in going through with the surgery. The results were more than I could have asked for. He was able to correct the areas I had problems with and make it, so that if I didn't tell you that I had surgery on my nose you would never know. It looks great but also very natural. I would recommend him to anyone.

|  Professional Artist with a kind heart  |  show details
by Renee Schofield on Jan 7th, 2014

I went to Dr. Sheinbaum because of how he looked on paper. He was experienced and also had a very good rating in his medical review, but once I had my first consultation with him I knew I had found the surgeon I needed. He listens to your needs and wants. He makes you feel so comfortable and confident. He's gentle in such a professional way that by the day of surgery you're actually excited for your transformation. I had my breast lifted and implants. I had my upper arms lifted. Then went on to have a tummy tuck and upper thigh lift. All my concerns regarding the outcome, pain management, recovery time were handled with kindness and efficiency. The staff is discrete and polite and showed a genuine concern for all your needs before and after surgery. I will be a future patient of Dr. Sheinbaum and would recommend highly.

|  face filler  |  show details
by ksh on Dec 1st, 2013

I have always prided myself on being slim, fit and trim but over the past five years I have aged prematurely and my face has become sunken in appearance with deep circles around my eyes and skin literally sagging from my cheekbones. As a teacher for over thirty years I wanted something that would not be obvious to my students. I specifically chose to have something done over the holidays so that I could return to work looking refreshed with no obvious surgical changes. So this Thanksgiving week was perfect. Browsing the internet, I selected Dr. Shienbaum because of his reputation. At my initial consultation I explained my concerns and Dr. Shienbaum was good at explaining my various options. His first choice would have been to use my own fat as a natural filler which would be the most permanent to restore the plumpness and fullness of my cheeks. However, at 91 lbs. and being a size 0 that was not an option for me since I literally had no fat to spare. Therefore Dr. Shienbaum offered an alternative to restore my facial collapse and gaunt appearance - namely injecting a filler called Radiesse.He explained that Radiesse consists of micronized bone particles that he would place deeply along my cheekbones. I was hesitant at first,but Dr. Shienbaum assured me his technique was painless. Oh my goodness!! The results were spectacular! Instantly, my cheeks and face were plump and full and my former cheekbone contours returned., all in 15 minutes with no telltale marks, stitches or bruises. The results are absolutely amazing but best of all my students will never know. I would definitely recommend Dr. Shienbaum and his cheek filler to anyone. He is terrific!

|  Dr. Marvin Shienbaum-Very Unprofessional  |  show details
by Disgusted on Nov 27th, 2013

I went to Dr Shienbaum to perform my liposuction last year and showed no results from the beginning. He continued to tell me my problem area was only skin & just wait for the results. After almost a year of going back & forth w/still no results he said he would do a in office procedure, wanted to charge me again after I previously paid him over $5k. I stated that I shouldn't have to pay twice for teh same procedure. The day of the procedure I was sedated, he barely numbed me,during the procedure I would wake up screaming repeatedly from the stabbing pain & he refused to stop & numb me. This went on throughout the entire procedure, my screams were ignored until he decided to stop. I never went back for the follow up visit the next day,a nurse call me when I missed the visit, I asked why he didn't stop to numb me, why he didn't stop when I was screaming or why someone didn't do something..anything. I Never hear from Dr. Marvin Shienbaum's office again. He's a HEARTLESS BUTCHER !

by trish a. on Nov 2nd, 2013

I have known Dr. Shienbaum since 1985 when he performed my breast augmentation with fabulous results . Over the years I have gained some weight and after much deliberation and research I finally decided to have liposuction of my waist, thighs, lower legs and, at Dr. Shienbaum's suggestion, a little fat re-injection to highlight my cheekbones and accentuate my buttocks. My liposuction procedure was one week ago on a Friday morning. I was home by noon, took the weekend off and was back to work on Monday. Already I see a huge improvement in my entire body shape. It is shocking how slim my waistline has become. My cheeks are full from the fat transfer - no need for fillers ever again! Dr. Shienbaum did a great job of enhancing my buttocks too - I now have a firmer, rounder shape - awesome! My legs were my biggest challenge prior to liposuction - heavy thighs with virtually no knees or ankles. Hadn't read about too many experiences with lower leg calf and ankle liposuction, so I was very hesitant about that portion of the surgery. Dr. Shienbaum took the time to listen to my concerns, addressing each and every issue and explained that these areas would indeed benefit with the Vaser Lipo technique. I removed the support stockings the other day and was amazed to actually see my knee contours, feel ankle bones and touch my Achilles tendon! These areas were lost to weight gain for a long, long time. The sculpting Dr. Shienbaum performed has totally reshaped my entire silhouette. The results have had a profound impact on my self esteem. I feel fabulous! Not only do I look different but I feel different. I am now more conscience than ever of clean eating and have a new found dedication to exercise and staying active. I have made myself a personal vow to maintain the incredible changes to my body from Dr. Shienbaum's liposuction. I would recommend it to anyone. It was well worth it!

by Lindsay on Jun 22nd, 2013

I recently underwent a liposuction procedure with Dr. Shienbaum and could not be happier. The Dr. had over 25 years experience with liposuction so I was very confident with my decision to have surgery. The procedure went smoothly and I am thrilled with the results even though I am not yet fully recovered. Looks like I have to buy an entire new wardrobe. Great Dr. and staff!