Plastic Surgeon, Surgeon

BOTCHED! show details BOTCHED!
Mar 18th, 2015

I wish I had known he wasn't board certified before he did my reduction! As the other reviewer said, I wish I could post my pictures. If the public could only see, they would NEVER step foot in his office. I wake up every morning to look at the botched procedure. A piece of advice for everyone...DO NOT wait for a year for your "body to take final shape". In doing so, you expire the statute of limitations for suing the Marvin Spann's of the world. I am beyond hurt and disappointed about the way my surgery turned out. Everyday, I wish I hadn't done it.

and if you complain, you are shut out - hoping that you'll just go away show details and if you complain, you are shut out - hoping that you'll just go away
Jan 29th, 2015

Too bad I can't post pictures of what he did to my breasts

Always a pleasant experience show details Always a pleasant experience
by Gayle Rogers on Nov 3rd, 2014

My visits to Dr. Spann at Couture Dermatology and Plastic Surgery are always calm and pleasant. The staff is courteous, kind and responsive. They do not keep me waiting. The consult with the Dr and his assistant is informative. They answer all my questions and concerns thoughtfully and privately. The office waiting area is pretty, clean and calming. I enjoy the friendly and easy atmosphere from the entire staff. I would not hesitate to refer anyone to Dr. Spann. He is experienced and his confidence puts me at ease.

Nov 3rd, 2014

I came to see Dr. Marvin Spann for a consult on cosmetic procedures to keep my skin looking young. He recommended that I start doing botox to help with the wrinkles in my forhead and to use good skin care products to stop the aging process. I couldn’t be happier with the result! I loved his office and everyone on the staff was so nice. I will definitely send all my friends here for their cosmetic needs and I will keep him in mind when it comes time for me to get my boobs done! I loved Couture and Dr.Spann!

by Lucy Kowaleski on Oct 30th, 2014

I recently had breast reduction surgery with Dr. Marvin Spann at Couture Dermatology and Plastic Surgery. I was so happy with my results. The entire experience was so smooth. The office staff and nurses always knew my name when I arrived. I was never kept waiting. They were paitient and calming when answering any questions or concerns both before and after my surgery. Dr. Spann did a wonderful job explaining the procedure and let me know in advance any complications that might arise. I am very pleased with the results of my surgery. I look better and I feel better. I have never felt so cared for at a Doctors office. I will certainly return!

Always a great experience! show details Always a great experience!
by Tenesia Churchville on Oct 14th, 2014

I like that everyone in the office makes me feel like a friend, rather than just another patient. The staff is always courteous, knowledgeable, and accessible. Both Doctors treat me with kindness, and respect. It's never an uncomfortable atmosphere, and I've always felt like the doctor's make my concerns a priority.

Best Doctor show details Best Doctor
by mia allen on Oct 3rd, 2014

I have been a patient for several years and every visit is a joy, the staff and Dr Spann are great they spend time with you and actually listen to what you have to say, this is my favorite Doctor and I have several they get the top of my list.

Peace of mind during a challening Delayed Reconstruction show details Peace of mind during a challening Delayed Reconstruction
by Holly Robinson on Oct 1st, 2014

I have had the best experiences with Couture Dermatology & Plastic Surgery over the last three years following my bilateral mastectomy in Jan 2012, I am compelled to share. I have encountered many complications and setbacks from my cancer treatments which have interuppted and delayed reconstruction. Dr. Marvin Spann has been a life saver to my ego during this time, his knowledge and experience in recommending the best course of action at the right time along the way have kept my hope alive that I will soon be a whole and complete woman again physically and mentally. There were many times I wanted to push the envelope even though I knew the risks and that there are no gaurantees, but I am grateful to his caring and knowledge staff like Ashley and Alyssa who have a wonderful knack at helping me put my health above my ego. I truly appreciate the time Dr. Spann and staff spend with each patient, they really make sure that you have all questions answered and feel comfortable with your plan. The whole staff is always welcoming, professional and most of all caring offering a decadent and posh facility. I would reccommend Dr.Spann and staff for services to everyone!

So Thankful For Everything! show details So Thankful For Everything!
by Tina on Sep 30th, 2014

Dr. Spann was a Godsend for my daughter! She has Asperger's Syndrome & is 19 yrs old. She is very tiny in stature, but had this huge chest! The doctor's my friends have used in the past do not take insurance at all, so I was forced to pick a doctor on my own. I could not have picked a better doctor if I tried!!! His staff took special care with my daughter & she never felt ill at ease or uncomfortable with them or Dr. Spann. Alyssa, the Patient Coordinator worked for 4 months with our insurance company to get her approved! Dr. Spann took a lot of time with her explaining everything so she would not be afraid. She is 2 months out & the results show what a good surgeon he is! I as a Mom can not thank them enough for the change that has taken place with my daughter! She doesn't slouch or have back pain any longer! She is happy & self confident again! Many, many thanks for everything!

A wonderful Experience show details A wonderful Experience
by Doreen Davies on Sep 29th, 2014

After being shocked to need a double mastectomy due to cancer, Dr, Marvin Spann was a pleasant surprise. From start to finish I spent 2 years with him. He did a beautiful job reconstructing my breasts and with a wonderful bedside manner. Now that I have been put back together I continue to use their services for Dermatology. I never hesitate to recommend Couture Dermatology & Plastic Surgery, the Spann's have been wonderful!!!!

Amazing show details Amazing
Sep 29th, 2014

I would like to start off by saying that I absolutely love Dr. Spann, his office, and his staff. I had a breast augmentation and received excellent care before, during, and after my surgery. I coudnt be happier with the outcome of my surgery and wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to Dr Spann. He is an amazing surgeon.

Not good results show details Not good results
May 27th, 2014

Yes his bedside is weird and aloof. Not rude but you can hear him messing around in the hallway instead of coming in the room. He is arrogant but I'm not sure why. I agree with all of the negative feedback on here but I'll be the first to say the results weren't good either. He didn't do a good job, left things out and there is no follow up. Why should he, he's been paid. Frustrating to go get something "fixed" that makes me self conscious only to be more self conscious. I'm not happy to have paid a lot of money to actually look worse than I did. I'm guessing I don't get called because I won't be in his portfolio. After my surgery, I found out he's not board certified. Hard lesson to learn. Should have done more research before choosing a plastic surgeon.

A disappointment show details A disappointment
Jun 4th, 2013

Was excited to see Dr. Spann about a problem I was born with, but I sure was disappointed by him. First of all it took almost 30 full minutes after my appointment time for me to finally be called back, and then about another 15 minutes before the doctor even came into the examinng room. When he finally came in he rushed, left often to do various things, did not answer questions well or really seem interested or knowledgeable. He was not at all personable or friendly. Very dissatisified.

Awesome Doctor show details Awesome Doctor
Oct 29th, 2012

Office Management is poor,does not follow -up... I felt he I was being ignored. Doctor Spann needs a good office manager to follow uip the needs of the patients.

Very unprofessional show details Very unprofessional
Oct 24th, 2012

I have left Dr. Spann and Ashley numerous calls to schedule a follow up to my surgery with him and to schedule next needed surgery and to this date have not received a call. Its been 3 months. I finally gave up and went with Dr. Ebert. Dr. Spann performed my first surgery and now won't even return calls. Very unprofessional of him and his staff.

Great new office show details Great new office
Sep 10th, 2012

I just left Dr. Spann's new office, It is amazing. The office staff was great and Dr. Spann was amazing as usual. His office looks great and very spacious. The wait time was minimal. I look forward to going back. It's not your typical Doctors office.

Phone Calls show details Phone Calls
Apr 16th, 2012

I have called 3 times TODAY. morning, lunch and afternoon. NO Call Back

Feb 13th, 2012

Six phone calls were placed to his office 7 days before my scheduled surgery. I needed to discuss some concerns I had - each time I was told he would call me before end of day. I never got a return call back from him so I cancelled surgery with him 2 days before it was to be done. How could you trust a doctor would perform operation sucessfuly if he won't even talk with you prior to surgery to answers questions.

Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Spann and Ashley are awesome.Their friendliness and bedside manner truly helped my recovery. I would recommend Dr. Spann to anyone who is looking for a plastic surgeon. Also he loves to hum which is an awesome sign of a wonderful person. God bless!