Plastic Surgeon, Surgeon

Couture Dermatology & Plastic Surgery
2615 Box Canyon Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89128
(702) 998-9001
Locations and availability (8)

2.0

|  THE BUTCHER!  |  show details
by BRUTALIZED! on Aug 23rd, 2014

THIS POOREST EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING - MUTILATED BOTH OF MY BREASTS DURING A BREAST REDUCTION. THE DAY FOLLOWING SURGERY THEY WERE ALREADY SPLITTING OPEN FOR LACK OF PROPER POST SURGICAL SUPPORT GARMENT. HE TACKED UP WADS OF FLESH INTO MY ARMPITS - ONE IS SHAPED LIKE A THIRD BREST. HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE ENDS OF FLESH - SO HE JUST STUFFED THEM INTO MY BODY AND STITCHED OVER THEM, LEAVING 5 SEPERATE HOLES, AND AT LEAST 6 SEWN OVER LUMPS IN MY BREASTS. MY BREASTS EACH SPLIT 2" OR MORE DOWN THE FRONT, DRAINING PUS/ SERIUM & BLOOD - AND DON'T FORGET THE PAIN! HIS ADVICE - USE TRIPLE ANTI BIOTIC OINTMENT AND LARGE BANDAIDS! MY RIGHT BREAST STARTED RETAINING FLUID AND PAINFULLY SWELLING - FINALLY BURSTING AND FOR ABOUT 4-6 DAYS FLUID DRAINING OUT- HIS ADVICE? "MAXIPADS" - AND OF COURSE, NO DRAINS WERE USED. HE USED GIANT 'FRANKENSTIEN' STITCHES AROUND MY NIPPLES - MY NIPPLES NOW HAVE HEAVY WHITE CIRCLES AROUND THEM WHITH THE STITCHES RADIATING OUT FROM THEM - THEY LOOK LIKE A CHILD'S DRAWING OF THE SUN. THEN THERE'S THE GIANT LADDER STITCHING - ALMOST ALL THE WAY AROUND TO MY BACK - AND BETWEEN EACH STITCH - A 'PUCKERED' PIECE OF FLESH. tHEN THERE' ALL OF THE STRAY NIPPLE MATERIAL - POPPING OUT ON MY BREASTS, THEN CRUSTING OVER AND FALLING OFF LIKE SCABS - THAT IS ALL BUT THE ONE DIRECTLY UNDER THE NIPPLE ON MY RIGHT BREAST - WHICH LOOKS LIKE A DEFORMED SECOND NIPPLE. WHEN EVER I TRIED TO TALK TO HIM ABOUT ALL OF THIS, HE WOULD TELL ME I HAD TO WAIT A FULL YEAR, FOR THE SURGERY TO 'SETTLE IN' AND THE BREAST TO 'FALL' INTO IT'S NATURAL SHAPE - HIS ULTERIOR MOTIVE IS THAT THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR MEDICAL MAL PARACTICE RUNS OUT AT ONE YEAR - HE WOULD GET ARROGANT AND INSULTED, AND ON ONE OCCASION ACTUALLY GOT MAD AND STORMED OUT OF THE EXAMINING ROOM! I THOUGHT I'D DONE MY HOMEWORK - HE WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME BY MY GP (WHO HAS SINCE APOLOGIZED). I ASKED HIM IF HE WAS 'BOARD CERTIFIED' HE SAID HE WAS - THE PIG LIED TO ME - HE WAS NOT BOARD CERTIFIED THEN, OR AT THE TIME OF MY SURGERY - HE WASN'T UNTIL 3 MONTHS AFTER. I ASKED HIM ABOUT HIS EXPERIENCE IN BREAST REDUCTIONS - HE SAID THAT HE 'MUST HAVE DONE A MILLION' - AT THAT TIME - HE DIDN'T EVEN HAVE 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE. IT IS JUST OVER 1 YEAR SINCE THE BASTARD MUTILATED ME - I AM IN CONTINUOUS PAIN - I ENDED A 3.5 YEAR REALATIONSHIP BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS GOING TO LET HIM SEE MY BREASTS - IT WOULD'VE ENDED ANYWAY ONCE HE SAW THEM - CAN YOU IMAGINE A MAN WANTING TO MAKE LOVE WITH THESE? I CAN'T! SO I HAVEN'T HAD SEX SINCE THE 'BUTCHER' WORKED HIS MAGIC. IF YOU HAVE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE WITH 'SPANN' PLEASE EMAIL ME AT sayno2spann@aol.com

|  READ THIS!! DO NOT USE MARVIN SPANN!!!  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2014

I had a breast reduction performed by Mr. Spann in the summer of 2012. In a word, he is incompetent. He is undeserving of a doctor's title. He should never hold a scalpel in his hand. Not only did he remove too much tissue, but, he left one breast a full cup size smaller than the other. His solution...go back into surgery and make the larger one the same size as the smaller one. NO, THANK YOU! He used no drains which caused both breast to rupture (extremely painful) and caused additional scar tissue. He did not use an anchor incision, but instead, carried the incisions practically to my back. To date, with a competent surgeon, I have had one scar revision surgery and two fat grafting procedures to increase the size of the smaller breast. It is quite likely that I will require several more procedures. If that doesn't work, I will be a candidate for a breast implant. Do not wait a full year to see how your breast "fall", before realizing you have a problem. This only expires the statute of limitations thereby preventing you from taking any legal recourse. I learned the hard way. Do not let my story be your story.

|  Not good results  |  show details
May 27th, 2014

Yes his bedside is weird and aloof. Not rude but you can hear him messing around in the hallway instead of coming in the room. He is arrogant but I'm not sure why. I agree with all of the negative feedback on here but I'll be the first to say the results weren't good either. He didn't do a good job, left things out and there is no follow up. Why should he, he's been paid. Frustrating to go get something "fixed" that makes me self conscious only to be more self conscious. I'm not happy to have paid a lot of money to actually look worse than I did. I'm guessing I don't get called because I won't be in his portfolio. After my surgery, I found out he's not board certified. Hard lesson to learn. Should have done more research before choosing a plastic surgeon.

|  A disappointment  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2013

Was excited to see Dr. Spann about a problem I was born with, but I sure was disappointed by him. First of all it took almost 30 full minutes after my appointment time for me to finally be called back, and then about another 15 minutes before the doctor even came into the examinng room. When he finally came in he rushed, left often to do various things, did not answer questions well or really seem interested or knowledgeable. He was not at all personable or friendly. Very dissatisified.

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2012

Office Management is poor,does not follow -up... I felt he I was being ignored. Doctor Spann needs a good office manager to follow uip the needs of the patients.

|  Very unprofessional  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2012

I have left Dr. Spann and Ashley numerous calls to schedule a follow up to my surgery with him and to schedule next needed surgery and to this date have not received a call. Its been 3 months. I finally gave up and went with Dr. Ebert. Dr. Spann performed my first surgery and now won't even return calls. Very unprofessional of him and his staff.

|  Great new office  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2012

I just left Dr. Spann's new office, It is amazing. The office staff was great and Dr. Spann was amazing as usual. His office looks great and very spacious. The wait time was minimal. I look forward to going back. It's not your typical Doctors office.

|  Phone Calls  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

I have called 3 times TODAY. morning, lunch and afternoon. NO Call Back

|  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

Six phone calls were placed to his office 7 days before my scheduled surgery. I needed to discuss some concerns I had - each time I was told he would call me before end of day. I never got a return call back from him so I cancelled surgery with him 2 days before it was to be done. How could you trust a doctor would perform operation sucessfuly if he won't even talk with you prior to surgery to answers questions.

|  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Spann and Ashley are awesome.Their friendliness and bedside manner truly helped my recovery. I would recommend Dr. Spann to anyone who is looking for a plastic surgeon. Also he loves to hum which is an awesome sign of a wonderful person. God bless!