Dr. Marvin Stein, MD
Urologist

3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Better Care needed here show details Better Care needed here
Jul 27th, 2016

Just moved into the neighborhood and checking around for Urologist in the area. I heard some of them talking about this particular doctor and she was telling the other person about her terrible experience. She has been going to this office for a very long time. She called to cancel her last appointment with them as she was ill and did end up in the hospital and forgetting to re-schedule. When she called to get a Rx re-newed they out and out refused stating she did not re-schedule her appointment. They would gladly schedule that for her but she was going to have to wait a few weeks, in the meantime she has been out of her medication for over two weeks (she was calling but no one bothered to call her back until almost 2 wks. later) and now has to wait even longer for medication that she needs. How can a doctors office treat a long standing patient this way, an elderly person who needs a Rx and cannot get one because she forget to re-schedule and appointment after a hospitalization. Needless to say, this is not the kind of office anyone needs to be visiting as they obviously have no compassion for us the elderly. I would say this office is not only a disgrace to the profession but hurtful to the elderly community.

May 26th, 2016

My mom was in so much pain and her bladder got infected. Never go to him again.

May 25th, 2016

Please go elsewhere. They never return a call and the staff is very rude.

Worst Doctor ever! show details Worst Doctor ever!
by RM on May 18th, 2016

If I could rate this Urologist with a Zero star I would. He spends two minutes with every patient.. Both of my worst visits were done this way. He has an attitude and his staff as well.. Do your self a favor and trust me on this one, go to any Urologist but him if you want a doctor who cares and wants to help. Because this is not this Doctor. In fact he prescribed on my second visit an antibiotic that I listed in my charts that I was allergic too.. Wow pretty scary, and he knew he messed up. because he called me directly afterward when I complained! Pretty Sad Doctor!

by Juan Montiel on Mar 28th, 2016

So far very pleased

Anger Management show details Anger Management
Feb 12th, 2015

I like his staff but the doctor is very old school and loves to yell at people whether in person or on the phone. He didn't care to listen to me and just jumped to conclusions and forced procedures. Do not recommend.

Oct 23rd, 2012

great doctor

Prostate Biopsy without any anesthesia show details Prostate Biopsy without any anesthesia
Sep 7th, 2012

This careless impatient doctor performed a biopsy on my husband this morning without any anesthesia causing him excruciating pain. This Doctor did not care at all that the anesthesia did not work, just remarked that oh well sometimes it doesn't work. I am shocked. This was inhumane and a crime as far as I am concerned. If I were you, I would go to another doctor who cares about his patients. plus the office was dirty and the staff - well I guess they take their attitude from the doctor.

prostate biopsy without any anesthesia!! Omg excruciating. show details prostate biopsy without any anesthesia!! Omg excruciating.
by Anonymous on Sep 7th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

do yourself a favor, find a decent doctor. dr Stein performed a terribly painful prostate biopsy on me knowing full well that the numbing injection h ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Great care after operation show details Great care after operation
Mar 19th, 2011

Vasectomy went as planned. Dr. Stein took great care after operation, emailed regurarly to check my situation, answered any further questions etc. Great doctor and very likeable man. Would be happy to recommend him to anybody.