General Practitioner, Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
101 S Bryn Mawr Ave
Ste 300
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
610-525-1000
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Completely Changed Opinion  |  show details
by Chris on Sep 18th, 2013

I was recommended to Dr. Wehbe a few years ago for carpal tunnel in both hands and I was mostly happy with everything from appointment to surgery. It was after when I was charged for my post-op and when I questioned it the staff responded that he spoke to me about doing my next hand so he can rightfully charge... well, I filed that in the back of my mind as I wanted the PT to go well. I went back years later for elbow issues and was chastised for not seeing him after PT (I was never told to nor was an appt made!) This time I was told to make an appt to setup my surgery, which I promptly did... but they took me to an exam room and did the usual tests, made me wait and the Dr came in again. I did setup surgery ... but you got it, charged another office visit and co-pay for setting up surgery! The final straw was when I asked if both minor surgeries could be done at the same time (one OR visit, one day off, shorter recovery time since they'd both heal at the same time) and he said no (which I confirmed with other surgeons after that it was possible!) I was also advised I needed another EMG (at the expense of my insurance and performed in his office) since mine was over 2 years old. I disputed this and they said it was too old... but when I requested records, it was done 15 months prior. Sadly my intuition that this Dr. treats me and my insurance as an open-checkbook just may be right... and a second opinion shows the tests his did only show MILD degeneration and surgery is NOT required at this time.

Jul 9th, 2013

My consultation was for carpal tunnel and I felt the doctor was extremely knowledgeable and very approachable. I did not feel rushed during my appointment and felt all my questions were thoroughly answered. I would definitely recommend Dr. Wehbe to my family and friends.

Jul 3rd, 2013

Dr. Wehbe is the MOST ARROGANT condesending doctor I have ever met. I saw him for right hand thumb joint surgery with a method from Europe. I didn't like him then, but since my surgery was successful I went back for my left thumb. His assistant told me he still did the same type surgery, but when I went to the Appt. he told me that it had failed on to many people so he would not do it again. I allowed him to perform his distinct method of surgery, but I kept having so much pain that I went back and told him that I needed different pain medication it wasn't working and made me sick. He said he wasn't in pain management and that I should see a pain management Dr. He cut bone out of my hand. I continued to have whole hand pain and told him so and my finger was locking. He said it was due to swelling. I couldn't use my hand for 4 months and when talking to a friend, she said it was called trigger finger. As I researched it on the computer it basically is tendonitis in fingers. I had it in every finger, imagine the pain. I made an appointment and all he continlued to tell me to do was get a carpal tunnel test. He never mentioned I had carpal tunnel at my initial appt. because I never did. I never had symptoms of carpal tunnel. I had to ask, "are you going to give me shots in my hand for trigger finger." Finally he said yes, but I needed to make a appt. for carpal tunnel test. I got 2 cortisone shots and started to improve within a few hours. The Dr. is all about money, he had a degree on his wall for business management. He does not care if you are in pain, he wanted me to be tested for carpal tunnel to capitalize on making money, not treating me for obvious trigger finger, because at the appt. he gave me a paper on trigger finger. I also had therapy at his office because the pain continued to worsen and I think theapy made it even worse. I still have pain but read it can take 6 months to get better. Thank you sooooo much Dr. Wehbe for you deceptive, uncaring treatment. I wish I had decided to read Dr. reviews before I went back to you! I almost forgot that I met a man who had his hand bandaged and asked who he went to? Dr. Wehbe and he felt the same way I did. Imagine that. He does spend time with you trying to get you to do more testing so he can make more money. ng

|  Worst Dr. experience ever  |  show details
by Sean O on Jun 20th, 2013

Dr. Wehbe is completely arrogant and impersonal. He kept me waiting for over an hour, barely evaluated me and asked for an Xray of what was clearly a soft tissue problem. When my insurance denied the xray he walked out and showed me the door with no advice or diagnosis. He was happy though to bill me $40 and tell me to come back once I get an Xray (at a cost of another $40 xray). When I asked for someone to tell me anything all I got was ... "You may need surgery" ... for a mild sprain. I went to the practice hoping to get an appropriate brace for my problem. When I asked for a refund as I was dissatisfied, the response I received was that my evaluation of them is "unfair and unwarranted" and they would not issue any refund. I literally came out worse than when I went in. In my opinion this practice should be out of business.

Aug 1st, 2012

After seeing three different doctors and still not getting any answers, I visited Dr. Wehbe in Bryn Mawr and had the best experience you could possible have at a Dr's office. The staff was friendly and Dr. Wehbe helped me out tremendously. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Jun 1st, 2012

My experience at the PA Hand Center with Dr. Wehbe was great! He treated my elbow dislocation and had a great recovery. His office staff was kind and always accomidating with my appointments. I will return to him if ever needed and also recommend him to family and friends.

|  Next time, I'll go somewhere else.  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

I went to see Dr. Wehbe for a repetitive stress injury in my hands. He seemed rushed, and didn't help me understand my condition at all. He didn't listen to my questions, seemed distracted and unconcerned, and was not very personable. His therapists were the same. Still, I felt the diagnosis was accurate (although I had come in with a pre-existing diagnosis, having been made by my primary care physician). I wish I'd gone somewhere else.

|  Horrible!!!!!!!! Didn't think this stereotype still existed!!!!!  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

Dr Wehbe is so arrogant and rude. I truly did not think this type of stereotypical doctor attitude still existed. This guy is nasty, talks down to you, explains nothing, and tries to make you feel stupid when you ask questions. I have no idea how he has any business.

|  I am a Lawyer  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2011

I do not normally do this type of thing, but I was outraged by one of the omments made on this site. I saw Dr Wehbe after seeing multiple other hand surgeons. He was the kindest and most considerate person I ever met. He wet out of his way to make me comfortable and to fix my problem. Incidentally, his son is a lawyer serving our country, so accusing him of hating lawyer or anyone else is plain ignorance!

Jun 15th, 2011

Incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. Great bedside manner and explains well the problem and treatment options.

|  WOW  |  show details
May 26th, 2011

Love this doctor. HE spent time explaining to me my problem, and gave me many options for treatment. I feel better already.

|  Excellent  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

Great personal attention. Best bedside manner.

|  Lara Schonn  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

Rude, disrespectful, and bigoted. I can't believe this man calls himself a professional. I never went for my follow-up appointment because my experience with him was so bad. I do not recommend him under any circumstances, which is unfortunate because he knew his job well. Too bad he's getting a lousy review from me.

|  Compassionate  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

Solved my problems that other hand surgeons could not figure out!

Jan 13th, 2011

This doctor has the worst bedside manner of anyone i've ever met. He also hates lawyers, so if you are a lawyer, find another hand specialist. He is caustic, mean and sarcastic. His staff is wonderful, but he is a brute (I'm trying to be nice and not use the word that rhymes with brasshole). You sit in a cubicle and wait for him to come in and push your injured hand around. He's curt, abrupt and uncaring. I wonder why he is permitted any patient contact at all.