Dr. Mary Bauman, MD
Internist

3.0

Sep 30th, 2015

No matter what your health problem is, she will claim it's due to your weight if you're even modestly overweight. This is frequently just untrue - there are plenty of healthy fat people and skinny people on death's door. She's also very hateful and aggressive about this. I would say that her behavior towards my mother (who only weighs around 170 pounds) bordered on abusive. Left her in tears on multiple occasions. If you're overweight, you know it. Being picked on only exacerbates the problem. Further, weight is the new "boogeyman" of modern healthcare. There are many cases (my mother's included) where a person's weight is either unrelated or only a small piece of the picture. Being mean and rude about one piece of the picture and refusing to address other issues is just plain bad medicine. At that point you're not a healer. You're a schoolyard bully.

Condescending/ showed lack of concern show details Condescending/ showed lack of concern
by A new patient...now long gone on Apr 24th, 2013

Didn't feel as though she cared about me as a human being/patient,

Sep 15th, 2012

She is one of the worst doctors in the city. She is only concerned about her image.

Very good doctor show details Very good doctor
Jul 11th, 2012

I've just never bad experience. They always get us in the same day on emergencies. Very caring people.

Arrogant, self centered, condescending,incompassionate show details Arrogant, self centered, condescending,incompassionate
Feb 10th, 2012

Desparately trying to find another. Rude staff, prescriptions are filled when they get time, the last one was 5 days after submission and I called daily.

Nov 26th, 2011

Very competent office, especially during an emergency.

May 30th, 2011

She has probably saved my life more than once.

May 11th, 2011

Probably competent; wish I had chosen another doctor, but because of my age, I'm stuck with her.

Condisending and arrogant Doctor show details Condisending and arrogant Doctor
Mar 18th, 2011

The first visit was horrible, things went down hill from there. She does not listen to you at all. I have no confidence in a doctor that will not see me but continues to diagnose me over the telephone. This is the absolute worse doctor I have visited in all my years of going to the doctor. She is not for me. I would not recommend her to your dog.