Overall Review

July 9th, 2016
Plain rude
I wouldn't recommend her to anyone. She is very rude and does not listen at all to anything. I regret that I had to pay a copay just to be told lies and crap. Her nurse was really sweet to me. I hate she have to work with her.

May 27th, 2011
breast surgery
i had 3 masses in my left breast when she was working at a community hospital at pensacola. she found them quickly kicked in gear she is a wonderful human ill never forget her as long as i live. thank you dr mary benson for being the doctor you have become

September 2nd, 2010
She was great the 2 times I saw her, very easy to get an appointment, and had a great bed side manner!

October 14th, 2009
Do Not Go To This Doctor!
Ms Benson (does not deserve Dr title!) was very unwilling to listen to my symptoms from the very start and argued with everything I said. She had a bad attitude, called me a liar! Refused my request for a test, screamed at me as she got in my face, and slammed the door on her way out. What kind of professional acts this way??? I don't feel I provoked this in any way. I don't know why she didn't seem to like me or maybe she was having a bad day. All I know is her behavior is unacceptable under any circumstances! Even if I had provoked it! I said I was gonna get a second opinon and she laughed and said "You can get 50 for all I care!" What? I just don't understand. I tried to explain one of my symptoms which was that one of my breasts had become larger then the other over night and this is where she called me a liar. I had seen her once before maybe a year and a half earlier and I did remember she had a bad attitude then also, once I saw her again, I had forgotten. But anyway, she said that this is the way my breasts had been on my last visit it and I assured her that that was not the case. I tried to explain that yes, one breast had always been slightly larger but this was different, it had become a whole cup size, or more, larger and I certainly knew when it happened because it was very heavy and made me feel lop-sided. Yet she continued to disagree with me and say I was wrong, I think I know my own body thank you! I have never been treated this poorly by someone who is supposed to be a professional in all my life! The health care community seems to be declining in the sense that it is very hard to find a doctor who is even willing to listen anymore and if you bring in your list of symptoms and history on a piece of paper they treat you like your a mental case, I have over a year's worth of symptoms and illness even further back, including cancer, with memory problems and I feel it is all important to know! And with dr's like ms benson it seems hopeless that I will ever get the care I need or deserve!!! I mean if an MRI would ease my mind then why shouldn't you order the test? I have insurance so what is the big deal??? I think it is also important to note that "Dr" Benson has also had 2 law suits against her in the past 10 years and I have read other bad reviews on her also... Oh! And did you know that pain in your breasts is a normal sign of aging?? hmmm interesting Dr Benson! You better hope I don't end up having a serious problem because you will hear from me again if I do! I'm about to give up all together...