Dr. Mary Boyd Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mary Boyd?

Posted on December 23rd, 2013

Dr Boyd was not my ob/gyn she happened to be the doctor on the floor at the time I was in labor. I had an extremely easy pregnancy, however delivery was not easy. When the nurses asked me what kind of delivery i was i told them the most natural possible ( no forcepts, vaccum, putocin, etc.) unless life threatening. I was in labor for 14 hours and I started pushing, I pushed for two hours and was begging for a c section because I was exhausted from no sleep. She talked me into pushing for another hour. I did. During that last hour I was in and out of sleep and during that time I later found out she tried a vaccum. ( I only know this because of what the baby's head looked like when he came out.) I eventually needed a c section. She never said 2 words to me while in surgery. I had a cord blood banking kit that I had given to a nurse while in labor. She had no idea how to do it and researched it while I labored...fast forward to 2 days later, cord blood bank called me saying the sample they received wasn't sufficient enough and if I needed to use it it may not work ( we had already paid $2000 for it and will pay $200 /month for storage). We made dr boys aware of it after we received the phone call and she felt really bad. We made sure to let her know because we thought it was important. Fast forward to a week later. I was in crippling pain. My abdomen was in such pain I couldn't stand up straight. I went to er and they admitted me. Kept me for 2 days Couldn't figure out what was wrong and sent me home. A week later hospitalized again for one night...still couldn't figure it out. After multiple doctors visits, many doses of pain medication a surgeon figured out I had multiple hematomas in my abdomen. I had a swolen belly button and lumps on my right side. He said wait it out they will dissipate....well they haven't...fast forward to today...I don't have any pain however my belly button never healed and my c section incision opened up and I have a Vna coming to my house every 2 days to change my dressing...mind you...I had my baby 10 weeks ago.

Posted on December 1st, 2011

I found her to be cold, not very communicative. As to pre-natal testing, you had better stay on top of this yourself (deadlines/timeframes/need to schedule early) because you won't get much guidance/direction in this regard--scary.

Posted on April 25th, 2011

I like Dr Boyd, but her office staff leaves much to be desired. Rude phone manner and very condescending.Wouldnt recommend their office because of it.

Posted on May 20th, 2015