Aug 10th, 2009

Dr. McCarthy and staff are warm and caring. Excellent follow up.

Not great show details Not great
Jun 11th, 2009

My husband and I have been going to Dr. McCarthy for a few years. If you go to see Dr. McCarthy be prepared to be there for at least 1 hour - she likes to talk and is very through. For my annual exam, I preferred to go to the nurse practicioner so I can get in and out very quickly.

Unimpressed show details Unimpressed
by Anonymous on Aug 25th, 2008

I am a health and fitness freak and I had some really strange symptoms that couldn't have made up if I tried. I started to get teary-eyed when Dr. McCarthy could not figure out what was wrong with me on my third visit and she commented that I was "too emotional" and suggested that my anxiety was causing the MS-like symptoms. I had to visit her office three times to get a referral to a specialist and I never received any followup from any of my blood tests or xray through her office. I never felt like Dr. McCarthy really cared and it seemed like spending any time with me was a chore to her. Her receptionist, nurses, and NP, on the other hand seem very nice and caring. Too bad they work for someone that would rather be riding her Harley than truly caring for her patients. I wonder why doctors like that decide to go into medicine, dealing with the public versus medical research.