Family Physicians
Loyola University Chicago
2160 S 1st Ave
Maywood, IL 60153
708-216-5626
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  show details
by Mandy on May 2nd, 2014

When I saw this doctor I did not have a lot of issues. I did have to correctly inform her on how to write a prescription for insulin. I feel a family doctor should know how to do so. Then my kids saw her. She refused to see them because we claim a religious exemption and do not vaccinate them. I have NEVER had this issue before with a doctor.

|  Highly Recommend  |  show details
by Ann on Oct 7th, 2013

Dr. Caraher is an excellent doctor. She is by far the best diagnostician I have ever met. In addition, she is warm and empathetic and truly cares about her patients. I have been her patient for many years, and she is also my teen aged daughters' doctor. The front desk staff are friendly and professional. I recommend Dr. Caraher without reservation.

|  show details
Apr 3rd, 2013

I was led to Dr. Mary Caraher when looking for a family doctor for my newborn. I was confident that she would take good care of my little girl. My husband and I feel very strongly about vaccinating our child her first year of life for many reasons. Our first visit she was respectful towards our decision to not vaccinate, but encouraged us to accept the vaccines. My baby just had her 2 month check up and Dr. Caraher decided at the end of the appointment to discontinue further care. I think it was irresponsible of her for 2 reasons. First, she did not give us any notice to find a new doctor. It's very critical to have a doctor lined up for a newborn. It was highly unethical! Secondly, its irresponsible for her to coerce and persuade patients into these vaccines without informing them of the short and long term damages and risks. I'm happy that we discontinued our relationship. I feel sorry for other patients who are intimidated by these jerk doctors.

|  Best Doctor!  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

Mary Caraher is the best doctor I have ever seen. She is patient, listens to her patients, and will research anything and everything a patient is concerned about. I have never had a doctor who truly cares . . . I have been her patient for 11 years now.