Dr. Mary Cavnar-Johnson Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Mary Cavnar-Johnson?

Posted on November 18th, 2016

My first visit was great. She was attentive and took some time with me. But since that time, she has been very rushed, and almost rude. I will be going elsewhere.

So far So good

Posted on October 6th, 2016

Punctual, takes time with me, pleasant

Posted on April 7th, 2016

Love ths PA Carrie and the physician. This office is often short staffed and those that work in the front office need more supervision. They waste alot of time and are NOT customer oriented like the rest of the care staff. Watch your billings and hold on to the receipts. She is part of the Greater Houston Physicians Association and they will duplicate and triplicate billing your office visit copya often after 6 months or more out. Only pay with credit card so you have the receipt, so you have proof of payment.

Time to find a new doctor

Posted on November 11th, 2015

I have been a patient here for over 12 years. I have always seen Dr Shepherd, however due to the lack of respect and the rude nature of the office staff and never being called or followed up with regarding blood work, that DID require a follow up, I am now leaving. In addition I have requested THREE times to pick up my medical records and still have not had them ready. If this office continues like this, they won't last much longer. Just read the other reviews.

Posted on October 7th, 2015

She is an excellent doctor but the quality of her staff leaves a lot to be desired. They don't answer the phone ad when they do you are always put on hold for at east 8 minutes. Plus they make commitments (I'll call you back) that they don't keep. Terrible !

Busy Signal, REALLY???

Posted on October 7th, 2015

I have been a patient here for 20 years and am DISGUSTED that it takes me 4-5 days to get an appointment or even ask any kind of question due to the fact that every time I call there is a busy signal. What year is it?!? 1984??? COME ON!!! I LOVE my doctor but this is absolutely ridiculous!

Didn't have the energy after speaking with rude receptionist.

Posted on February 22nd, 2013

I just called this practice to make an appointment. The woman who answered was unprofessional and obviously when she asked the reason for the visit, she interrupted me after about 5 seconds with a cough and a "could you give me your insurance info?" I said "never mind" and hung up. We just moved and I never was treated with such open disdain by a Dr's office in my life!

Exceeded Expectations

Posted on March 22nd, 2012

Dr. Mary Cavnar-Johnson exceeded my expectations regarding doctor and patient; very caring.

Great Doctor!!!

Posted on April 21st, 2011

I love this doctor, she has a very good "bed side manner". She takes time with her patients, follows up on appointments. And she has wonderful staff working for her, her office has a very warm and friendly atmosphere:)She is a busy doctor, it would be wise for one to schedule ahead as much as possible because she is such a popular doctor, which can only be a good sign;)

A bit strange at times

Posted on March 20th, 2011

She occasionally has a weird mood & you can't read her plus I am curious why she has never been board certified.

Wonderful doctor

Posted on September 3rd, 2010

Dr. Cavner Johnson is the best doctor I have ever seen. She is to date on all new meeds and she is so caring. Everyone in my family goes to her.

Sensible Care

Posted on January 12th, 2010

I know most people usually fill these things out when they unhappy about something. My experience with this physician has been positive. I saw the P.A. until I had a problem at which time I became Dr. Johnsons patient. She has always spent a reasonable amount of time with me and took the time to answer any questions I had. I feel she does enough testing to find a problem if one exists but does not do a lot of unnessary testing. When I was diagnosed as being borderline diabetic she spent a lot of time discussing diet and lifestyle changes she recommended. I havent had any serious health issues but I would recommend her to anyone looking for a good family doctor.