Dr. Mary Coy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 6 reviews

November 19th, 2015
Dr. Coy made time for me if I needed it and was ultra conscious of my immediate needs. I've had previous Drs who maintain 3 months between every visit with no ifs ands or buts, and Dr. Coy worked beyond that if I needed it. She was always open to changes if I needed them.

August 21st, 2015
I found Dr. Coy to be very thorough and compassionate. I had seen another doctor and was incorrectly diagnosed and put on medication. Dr. Coy took the time to listen to me and changed my medications. I feel so much better and able to accomplish things.

October 14th, 2013
This woman is the poorest excuse for a mh provider whom we have ever encountered. When she found nothing wrong with me (no depression, anxiety or other reasons to give me harmful psychiatric Rx's), she thought it in her best financial interest to suggest ECT for me. She said that I would enjoy spending a "resort vacation" in the hospital, receiving electro convulsive therapy for 7 days. Dr. Coy was delusional and completely out of her mind. My attorney husband and I have never been back to her pathetic practice -- a house of "horrors". We thought that the days of asylums were over. But to our surprise, Dr. Coy is more interested in collecting insurance co-pays and drumming-up business for a local medical center whom she is in cahoots with, than she is in "healing."

January 17th, 2012
Dr Coy is unassuming and personable. I have found her very easy to talk with. She has allowed me to provide the direction of my therapy when I feel I need a change rather than assuming she knows what would benefit me most to work on next. I appreicate that she treats my visits as work sessions rather than simply empathy sessions. She has helped me see my progress when I would not have acknowledged it on my own. With Dr. Coy I feel like I am making decissions and can take credit for my improvement. If I decide I don't want to see her for a while she is completely Ok with that as well. If and when I am ready to see her again it has never been a problem arranging to resume working with her.

October 11th, 2011
patient
My overall experience with Dr. Coy was extremely helpful in diagnosing and following through on my treatment plan. She always made herself available to me. I highly recommend Dr. Coy. Courtesy and professionalism of the office staff was 5 star.

September 25th, 2009
During my last session with this woman,my wife was present. While she ignored me, Dr. Coy asked her "twisted" questions about my condition. After leaving her office, my wife said that she'd never return to this office again. She described Dr. Coy as being an amateur who asked rote questions. My wife also said that her questions were leading. The type that were intended for a hostile client. Dr. Coy read from a script and didn't ask for any explanations or qualifications in regard to the answers that were provided. My wife said that her recommendations were extremely POOR and told me that Dr. Coy should be "fired" upon getting into our car and leaving. This was the most stressful experience that I'd ever had to endure with a mental health care provider. My wife said that "Dr. Coy was the one who was out of her mind".