Dr. Mary Crowther MD, PHD, FACOG, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 21st, 2017
Highly Recommend
Although it took about a month before I could get an appointment with Dr. Crowther it was worth the wait. She fully explained my health issue, provided a no nonsense solution, and was a delight to talk to. She took her time with me to make sure all of my questions were answered.

October 23rd, 2013
Wonderful, wonderful doctor
Dr. Crowther is compassionate, caring, accessible and extremely knowledgeable. She always answers my questions and I feel understood and helped whenever I leave her office.

May 29th, 2013
Still waiting for call after an abnormal test results
I waited six days after test to have a nurse call me. She told me it was abnormal and that Dr Crowther can't see me for another 17 days! When I said that was unacceptable and that I need to speak with Dr Crowther, the nurse said she would tell her. She still didn't call me. I have been her patient for eight years. I am very, very disappointed.

April 21st, 2013
I love Dr. Crowther!!!!!
Dr. Crowther is not only an amazing doctor, but she is also a wonderful and compassionate human being!! I feel so lucky to have found her!

November 21st, 2012
Caring and sensitive
Dr. Crowther is amazing! She is so kind, caring and very gentle. I loved her care and professionalism.

July 19th, 2012
Absolutely Wonderful!
Dr. Crowther is the nicest doctor I have ever met. She was so nice and I felt like she actually cared about me. I am so glad I found her!

October 2nd, 2011
Definitely a Keeper!
I definitely recommend Dr Crowther.She's great at internal exams, and has a great bedside manner. She's also called personally the two visits I had with her to give me my results to tests, so I'm very pleased. Am definitely going to stay with her.The only downside is that sometimes I have to wait a long time to see her, and sometimes it is hard to get an appointment, but probably because she's so good!

July 27th, 2011
2 visits - and I think she's wonderful
My Ob/gyn retired, and I had to find someone new. I put it off for 2 years, but finally went to see Dr. Crowther at the recommendation of my previous OB. She was wonderful. Fantastic bedside manner, very good at explaining everything, and, not to be too graphic, small hands (those of you getting internal exams will appreciate that!) But seriously, I loved her. I ended up getting a uterine ablation done with her, and it went so smoothly. She's really great.

May 4th, 2011
Highly recommended
Having doctors in the family makes me very picky about my doctors. Highly recommend Dr. Crowther. Contrary to other reviewers, Dr. Crowther was easy to reach to discuss my condition (dx: uterine cancer); all I did was ask the nurse to call me as I hadn't gotten the expected call from Dr. Crowther on my pathology and within a few minutes Dr. Crowther was on the phone apoligizing (even though she had already given me the immediate results in the recovery room.) When it was time for the surgical procedure, she explain twice to me what to expect and then the scheduler explained it a second time. I had more face time with Dr. Crowther than I have with my PCP over 10 years. I liked the fact she was conservative and took the time to explain why a hysterecomy wasn't appropriate at the time (prior to dx of cancer). Definitely highly recommend - wish I had found her years ago!

January 30th, 2011
Wonderful doctor!
Dr. Crowther is truly a wonderful and thorough physician! She is always very sensitive to my concerns and she really takes time out to get to know me and to explain things completely. I must comment though on the system that her clinic employs, as mentioned by another reviewer, it is quite difficult to communicate with the doctor outside of an office visit. One is always passed on to nurses. Other than that, I am very much satisfied with Dr. Crowther and I will definitely keep seeing her.

January 6th, 2011
A truly amazing doctor
While I do agree that if you want to follow up you end up talking to only nurses, I have to say that Dr. Crowther is not just an amazing doctor, but an amazing person. She is so caring- one time I had an appointment with her right after I had experienced personal problems in my life and I ended up crying in the exam room. Despite her busy schedule, she took me out of the exam room and into her office where she sat and talked to me for a good 20 minutes. I don't think many busy doctors would do that. During my more standard visits (thank goodness that only happened once!) she has been incredibly easy to talk to and puts patients at ease. She is also extremely professional about sensitive topics like STD testing,and she strikes me as being very up to date on current medical research. If you could give bedside manner 10 stars, she'd get that rating from me!

October 20th, 2010
Amazing
Dr Crowther has an awesome personality - she sets you at ease and is so easy to talk to. She makes you feel important and never rushed. I can't say enough good things. She's good enough for me to make the effort to leave this comment, so if you're looking for a gynocologist in the NoVA area and if you appreciate a Dr who makes you feel important and comfortable, Dr Crowther is for you!