Psychiatrists

New Horizons Community Support
2013 William St
Jefferson City, MO 65109
573-636-8108
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  The worst. Steer CLEAR!!  |  show details
by M.Y. on Dec 24th, 2013

This is one of the worst "psychiatrists" in Jefferson City. Let me preface this review by stating the lack of care for people with issues in Mid-Missouri is astoundingly bad. And it may explain her incredibly poor attitude as they don't get paid well for the services they provide, so it is only natural that the good doctors go to the larger cities. The biggest problem is she seriously lazy. When I first started seeing her. She was very catatonic throughout every session. I am almost positive she was sleeping through one. I finally started researching the meds I was on after being over-medicated to the state of unconsciousness twenty-four/seven for four years. She never diagnosed me, NOT ONCE, over four years. She just took the last Dr.'s word for it, a diagnose I received as a juvenile 6 years ago. So finally I started questioning my treatment, she started acting very resentful and petty. And after I prodded HER, she finally asks me, after FOUR years what my symptoms were! And when stated, I would probably like to reduce some medications, she threatened and screamed out the worst case scenarios. Listen I am not here to tell people, to stop all medication, simply a warning that when the drug you are on, has side-effects so severe that it far out weighs the benefits, you probably should not be taking it. I was surprised to see her volatile nature as she had been like a prone corpse throughout the entirety of our interactions. The severity of her mood swings only convinced me, this poor tired old woman, needed some treatment, herself. As, her reaction, was only ignited when someone questioned her "doctoring". She lacks any passion simply going through the motion of being a pill pusher and cashing her minimum wage check. Every time I was in the waiting room some patient would be complaining about what a terrible Dr. she was. The good news I heard from several other facilities in Columbia and Jeff, that she is being asked to leave or retiring. Until then---STEER CLEAR, unless you want someone throwing drugs at you, that are not needed or that simply won't treat your symptoms. Could not word this more strongly, don't waste your time.

|  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

I have seen this doctor for over 3 years and she is always professional, friendly and kind. She is very competent and isn't a medication pusher nor is she stuck in just giving "the medicine of the day" or her "favorite" drug to clients. She looks at the individual when making decisions.

|  Makes money off college students  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

Diagnoses and hands our prescription medication freely to college students. Keeps them coming back for prescription refills and charges for an appointment each time. Charged our insurance for an appointment that was not attended.