Dr. Mary Dobry Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Dobry?

Skin Cancer

Skin Cancer

Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.

Have you seen Dr. Mary Dobry?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 19th, 2014

Jennifer

I love coming to this place and have been for years. It is a small office so I can chat with the insurance biller (Miriam) when I visit if I have any questions about my bill (her prices are very reasonable and she doesn’t try to gouge you). They are very busy but you can get on her waiting list and usually be worked in quickly, especially now since she has another practitioner helping her to see patients (Darcy-She is very good too). If you like physicians who are down to earth, that you feel comfortable with immediately and who know what they are doing and will take the time to explain why she recommends something, then she is your gal. She also has an extensive experience as a research chemist before she started med school so loves to talk chemistry. I am writing this review as I have so much respect for her and was bothered by other reviews I have seen from patients that have never met her but gave her a 1 star ratings because they weren’t able to get an appointment immediately. Give me a break. That just shows she is popular!

July 18th, 2012

Never accept a referral to this doctor!

It takes 3 months to get an appointment since she only takes on one new patient each month. After waiting nearly 2 months from the time I made an appointment, I had to change my appointment next month. It was explained that if I changed the original date that I would have to start the process overmeaning another 3 month wait. A person could be dead by the time she gets around to seeing you.

March 26th, 2011

Mrs.

I love her! She is kind, competent and wonderful to visit with. I have been driving out from El Centro for over 10 years.

March 25th, 2011

Worth the wait!

Dr. Dobry is very busy but is worth the wait. I always look forward to my appointments with her. I have been seeing her for 15 years. She is easy to talk to, treats you with respect, and answers all your questions.

January 27th, 2011

Very busy but definitely worth the wait!

There is a reason why she is so busy. You feel comfortable discussing anything with her, you leave with so much information, she doesn't hurt you, takes care of everything that visit (doesn't make you come back) and is always honest. She has a small office with always the same employees who are friendly and very approachable. I would recommend her to anyone.

April 15th, 2010

She is the most amazing female Dr I have ever seen, hands down. I can't rave enough about how great of a job she does!

March 30th, 2010

Excellent dermatologist!

I very much disagree with the previous comments about this office, as I've been going to Dr. Dobry for apprx. 6 years and feel very positive about it. I get a light chemical peel every 6 weeks or so, and have gotten both Botox and Juvederm in the past, although I can't afford it regularly. (I wish!) I've also brought my husband in to have some large skin tags removed. Yes, there is sometimes a wait, but only if you've been "worked in" to the schedule. What I mean by that is that sometimes I've called and asked to book an appointment, and the date would be very far off. However, they've offered to "fit me in" which means I'll be seen at approximately that time, but it's based on seeing the doctor in between her regularly-scheduled appointments. I always feel very well taken care of, and seeing Dr. Dobry regularly has made a big difference for me in the look of my skin (I have very oily skin). I highly recommend her!!

August 27th, 2009

I had two moles removed by Dr. Dobry. Each has grown back. I have talked to family and friends who have had moles removed by other doctors, and nobody else has had this problem. During the last appointment, she seemed distracted and I had to remind her a couple of times which mole to remove. When she put a small bandage over the mole removal spot, she missed the spot and just placed it randomly on my jawline. I thought that was very odd. My only assumption is that she didn't properly remove the moles

December 22nd, 2008

Fine for Botox and other cosmetic procedures

I went to Dr. Dobry 3 times to have her check a sore that was not healing, where I had previously had skin cancer. Each time she said it was nothing to worry about and proceeded to recommend cosmetic procedures she could perform.When I went to another dermatologist, because the sore was now larger and very painful, he performed a biopsy immediately and determined the spot was cancerous.This doctor is fine if you want Botox or chemical peels. But in my opinion she doesn't want to take the time to deal with serious dermatology issues.

August 16th, 2017