Dr. Mary Durfee MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Tucson, AZ

3.4

October 21st, 2016
Professional beauty!
I had a wonderful experience with her. She is a professional caring sympathetic Doctor . She delivered my daughter and did an outstanding job. I was extremely pleased with her in every way! I cannot believe all these other reviews that are negative. She has never been rude to me ever. I will always go to her for all my OB needs I've seen quite a few doctors and she is by far one of the best!

September 22nd, 2016
RN
Dr Durfee was the on call for my OB/GYN Dr Martha Laird. I contacted the on call because I needed US results since I was having some complications from my surgery. My regular MD office was closed since they are moving location. Dr Durfee was extremely rude and condescending over the phone when she called me back. She was clearly upset to be bothered with the phone call. End result- she HUNG UP ON ME! I have never in my years of experience delt with such a rude and dismissive physician. Shame on her and her rotten attitude. I would advise that you stay away. One star only becuase it was necessary to complete this rating!

January 14th, 2016
My husband and I were not impressed with Dr Durfee, she had a difficult time communicating when we asked questions. I had two miscarriages and both times I began spotting I had a hard time reaching her when it was an emergency. And I didn't receive much sympathy from her when I lost the babies.

February 25th, 2015
I have never seen Dr Durfee and it was an emergency situation. Went in to make an appt and she said she would see me that day. I was so grateful.

January 22nd, 2014
High Praise
Dr. Durfee has been very gentle, caring and helpful. She has gone out of her way to treat me well.

November 13th, 2013
I would recommend Dr. Durfee and her office to anyone!
DR. Durfee took over my prenatal care from a previous physician, and I was very impressed by her knowledge, courteousness, and ability to explain things that I had questions about. Her nurse, Linda, was wonderful - she was quick in taking pre-exam vitals, kind, and extremely nice. For the most part, scheduling with Generations has been a good experience - it wasn't too difficult to get appointment times on days most convenient with me. At most times, the front office staff were very efficient and my wait time was only rarely greater than 10 minutes. Dr. Durfee seems to keep up on all relevant studies and information as it pertains to OB/GYN, as well as general medicine. I was throughly pleased with her services and will be returning for many years to come!

February 24th, 2013
a skilled doctor
It saddens me to see so many negative reviews on doctor Durfee. My first pregnancy went really really well with her and I had no complaints, UNTIL she knew my baby would be large (10 pounds) and started pressuring me to get a c-section without any other medical reason. I stood my ground and delivered vaginally with no big issues. Went overdue BC she refused to induce me for over a week due to baby's size. But overall I felt that she was trying to protect me and trying to do what was the safest for my baby. I do think with all of my heart that she has too many patients and she should stop taking new patients

November 14th, 2011
Terrible Bedside Manner
Dr Durfee ruined our first ultrasound appointment. She was rushed, impatient about answering questions, short, condescending, never asked a single questions about how I was feeling, ignored my husband, and was overall rude to us. I would never recommend anyone use this doctor while they are pregnant. On the other hand the office staff and nurses were wonderful. Just a bad Doctor.

October 10th, 2011
Rude.
My first child i was 16, went to her, she made me feel like i was an stupid. I was 16 didnt know what was going on and she didnt take the time to reassure me that everything will be ok. She walks out of the room like she doesnt care if you dont have the money. Im now pregant with my second and because she was my prev. doc i went back to her she doing the excate same thing. She also told me I couldnt get preg untill a month after getting the IUD out and come to find out i got preg that week. Way to go. I dont like this doc.

June 8th, 2011
Wonderful Doctor!
Dr. Durfee is wonderful! Very caring and really listens. She always makes me feel very comfortable in very uncomfortable situations!

February 1st, 2011
Impatient Patient
Dr. Durfee is very rude. I will explain. On my first visit, I sat in a cold room in the paper thin gown they gave me for twenty minutes. So, the next time I went I asked if I should wait a little before disrobing. When Dr. Durfee came in she said Hello my impatient patient. In appropriate. I changed doctors the next day.

January 11th, 2011
Short and rude
As a new paient I wanted to discuss my past medical history as well as reasons for my visit, she dismissed most of what I told her "because she only deals with the waist down" I was still talking when she was done and she stood at the door with her hand on the knob. I asked her for a Rx and she told me she would come back with it and to get dressed. I started to change and thought when she came back I could talk to her again however she walked back into the room without knocking, left the door open, walked over to the desk and put the Rx down and walked out! All while I was standing there naked- with the door open. I got dressed and asked to speak with her again and she was "sorry I felt she hadn't taken enough time, but she didn't think most of what I wanted to talk about was revelient" I was talking about my health, not my car! I will be finding a new DR