Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Preferred Women's Healthcare
500 Medical Center Blvd
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
770-962-5100
Locations and availability (1)

|  show details
by SDunn on Mar 13th, 2014

Dr. Long treated me when I was pregnant. It was a very difficult pregnancy, but I am so grateful she was apart of this life changing event. I had gestational diabetes, high blood pressure and was monitored weekly to check the baby's movements and fluid levels. She made every moment meaningful and I really enjoyed her being there every step of the way. Then after the delivery of the baby I suffered from Postpartum depression and she helped me get through that as well. I would recommend any woman to this doctor because she is amazing, great bedside manners and a caring heart. I can say I really love my doctor.

|  DR. MARY E. LONG  |  show details
by CLINTON on Feb 10th, 2014

Dr. Long has been treating and taking care of my wife who has a less than perfect pregnancy so far. Pre Term labor contractions without any changes in female anatomy. Several others doctors were not able to assess the main issue causing Braxton Hicks type of contractions but with very high intensity levels from a 6 to 10. She prescribed my wife an antibiotic to help rule out any type of UTI or other bacterial infections that may be causing this issue. As of today a week later my wife has been feeling better although her contractions have been reduced they are still present. Dr. Long has been there, to help ease our mind, she ordered a cervical ultrasound in which came back excellent with no shortening. So far so excellent, Dr. Long has been formal,engaging, intelligent, and gone out of her way at the drop of a hat to make us feel like a part of her immediate family with nurturing our son Morrison to a healthy delivery. I believe that she will be their if anything should be needed throughout his life and ours as parents concerning his medical well being. She has compassion, a type of ease that is quite honestly hard to find even in the most alternative of industries you can see greatness, skill, and focus in her demeanor. On top of all that you can bet your last dollar that she always greets you with a smile. Please check out her new practice as we are following her to Cummings Area with Northside Hospital. Georgia Elite Obstetrics & Gynecology is the name of the new practice with Dr. Lara Hart who we will meet for the first time next month.

|  Awesome dr!!! Won't change for the world!  |  show details
by Myra on Oct 25th, 2013

I met dr. Long when I needed a d&c preformed I went in for pre-op and Absolutely loved her! All the dr. At that practice are very compassionate people, she's helped me through multiple miscarriages, gave me options on how to fix my issues, preformed surgery and is currently caring for my almost to term baby! I truly believe without her and God I would have never conceived and carried to term! Looking forward to meeting my little girl in November! I refuse to ever change OBGYNs if she leaves I'm going with her! :)

|  Kind and Compassionate  |  show details
by J. R. on Aug 9th, 2013

I met Dr. Long yesterday when she did a procedure to remove a fetus that passed away in my daughter's body. Mary was sweet, tender hearted, and professional. An incredible balance of knowledge and compassion. Before my daughter's surgery, she went over to her and held her hand, rubbed her hand and said, "Are you ready?" My daughter was so comforted by this, as our family all hold hands and rub our thumb across each other's hand while we are praying. After the procedure, she took me into a room and expained everything that happened to me, since my son-in-law wasn't there yet. I was so concerned that the baby may have had a heartbeat. She quickly quieted my fears and let me know that the baby never grew and it was not alive. She knew our concerns. Dr. Long made the saddest of days so much more bearable with her kind nature. Thank you, Mary, for being so sweet to my daughter and son-in-law in their journey to becoming parents. You are a treasure!

|  Dr. Long is an Amazing Doctor  |  show details
by The Blakes on Feb 4th, 2013

Dr. Long is an amazing doctor that takes the time to know her patients and really understand what they are saying. She goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and expain procedures and options. When we were faced with medical challenges Dr. Long didn't shy away from the challenge - because of her - today we are happy and healthy family.