1.0

Jun 20th, 2015

I was a patient of hers at the Ann Arbor VA from 2010-2014. She and the AA VA radiologists missed a 3x4x6 cm tumor in my pelvis that was present on 2 separate scans. COMPLETELY MISSED IT TWICE! When I asked for a different type of scan and to see a specialist, she refused to order either, saying I had enough of a workup. Interrupted me everytime I tried to say something. If she had let me finish a sentence, it would have saved time in the end and accomplished more. Told me she would order more refills on one of my medicines, then left the country without ordering it, causing me great hardship. When I complained of being short of breath, she responded with "but you look great" and did nothing to find out why I was short of breath. So upbeat and positive (overly hyper and happy) that she did not recognize serious medical problems. When I needed certain medications that required approval, she didn't even try to get them approved. (I found out this was an option after I changed to a different doctor in the VA.) Went on a sabbatical without notifying her patients. Because she had told me to use her U of M email instead of the VA email system, my emails to her were not answered by anyone when she was on sabbatical.