Dr. Mary Gaffney DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 15th, 2016
The worst experience!!
Dr Gaffney Is the absolute worst physician ever. She is very rude to patients and staff. This lady is Ghetto. Not sure how this place is still operating. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere. This place is just out for the money...not about the patients and caring for them. I wouldn't even give them a star, but system doesn't allow for anything else.

May 4th, 2016
Run, run as fast as you can.
I am new to Charlotte and was looking for a primary care doctor. I found Dr. Gaffney online.. I immediately chose her because she excepted my insurance. Needless to say, I should have read the reviews and done more research. My initial thought when arriving at Dr. Gaffney office was not a good feeling. The building and area seemed unsafe, the reception area dark and gringy looking. I stayed to give the Doctor the benefit of a doubt. I was wrong. I should have left . I witnessed Dr. Gaffney being rude to the staff as well as the patients. She is very rude and unprofessional. Her bedside manners has a lot to be desired. Will not be back. Go elsewhere.

January 11th, 2016
The office needs the carpet cleaned. The staff has no knowledge of what their doing. They had to keep asking questions and interrupting the nurse as she worked with patients. The staff talks out were everyone can hear them. They do not follow up with your labs or any other information pertaining to your visit. When you call they have no idea of what or how to answer your questions. I will not be going there again or recommended anyone. The staff is ghetto and they all need a course on manners and how to work in a office. I'm not sure why the state let's them stay open needs to close them down.They had you a computer and assume you know what to do with it and walks off. What about explaining things to the patient first and what to to ugh no manners. Never saw the doctor then asked when I'm about to leave do you want to see the doctor. What did I come for...... to see a doctor. They don't explain nothing you. Never go there the place sucks and staff is terrible no manners rude need to be educated and they need to know about their patients.

December 18th, 2015
Big Fat SCAM PRACTICE
DO NOT GO TO THIS PRACTICE!!! My insurance listed this practice being that it is a short commute from my address. And that is the reason I set the appointment up. Needless to say, will never go back. The staff and the doctor are all rude, lazy and unprofessional. VERY GHETTO! What physician wears flip-flops to see patients---Dr. Gaffney does that's who. What physician would critic your 25lbs of being overweight when she (Dr. Gaffney) is about 5'4 weighing well over 400lbs herself. She has horrible bedside manners--she is very rude and unprofessional. The practice is unorganized and dirty. They should really close it down. This review system does not allow anything less than 1 star otherwise I would have given 0 stars.

November 14th, 2015
this doctor is a joke
I had my first, and only appointment with doctor Gaffney recently. I honestly don't know how she is still practicing. This lady is rude, has no compassion, and the worst bedside manner I've ever seen. I spent almost four hours in this office only to speak with her for about 5 minutes. She left the room and sent her nurse back in to tell me I'd need to return in four days. I asked politely if the doctor could come back in for just a moment to answer a couple questions. The nurse went to ask her to speak with me and she wouldn't even take the time to do so. She is a pathetic excuse of a doctor and should not be practicing. Save yourself the trouble and go ANYWHERE but here.

October 4th, 2015
Dr Gaffney is wonderful!

September 1st, 2015
This doctor is all about money. She will give you every test in the world for nothing. Every visit is a copay visit. I was called and told I had an appointment that I knew nothing about but I went anyway. Come to find out I was there for a diabetes class. I was never diagnosis for diabetes. They had a new insulin that they wanted to try on patient. I felt sorry for those poor people who didn't know no better to think that they had diabetes. I am in the healthcare field and I knew I did not have it. Her husband do vitals and I do not know if he is qualfied. Not a doctor you would like to visit if you have insurance because she is all about the$$$$$$$$ and wrong diagnosises.

July 4th, 2015
First visit
Nasty, unprofessional , it's like a circus would not recommend Dr. Gaffey to truest my cat! Don't GO !

December 18th, 2013
I was a new patient to this office, I went there once and will never go back. I was moved around to four different rooms while I was there and wasn't given the time of day by the doctor to figure out what was actually wrong with me. She was in the room for all of five minutes and kept insisting it was the flu when I knew for a fact it was not. They tried to take my blood, couldn't find a vein and after the fourth time of them sticking me with the needle I asked them to stop seeing there was already a bruise forming. They sent into the lab for a drug dependency test which I never asked for to a lab that DIDNT even work with the insurance company. I was there for bronchitis and ear infection symptom and wasn't treated for them. I would not recommend anyone going to this dr.

October 29th, 2012
Pleased
Well I do understand how some people are more concerned with time than accuracy. When I schedule appointments with Dr. Gaffney I inform my job ahead of time that I need time off. I don't feel that the office staff is rude by far. I feel there has been a great improvement after not going in 3 years. I don't think Dr. Gaffney is rude at all she is very real. She answers all of yours questions and yes she takes alot of time with her patients which I think is great. You may have to wait but when you leave you have a good idea of what is going on with your overall health is what I look for.

October 26th, 2012
WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT YOU GET
I WAS ON YOUR WEBSITE READING THE REVIEWS GIVE BY OTHER PATIENTS AND THEN REVIEW OTHER SITE AND WAS A LITTLE CONFUSED AS TO WHAT WAS TRUTH AND WHAT WAS FACTION.I WAS IN NEED OF A SAME DAY APPOINTMENT AND WENT IN WHEN TOLD I COULD BE SEEN.I WAS CONSTANTLY REVIEWING WHAT WAS READ IN MY HEAD WHILE IN THE OFFICE.THIS IS HOW MY VISIT WENT, UPON ENTERING PRACTICE I WAS ACKNOWLEDGED AND GIVE A COMPUTER TABLE AND TOLD IT WAS MY NEW PATIENT COMPLETION PROCESS. MY FIRST TIME USING A COMPUTER IN A DOCTORS OFFICE AND THE QUESTIONS REVIEW IN THE NEW PATIENT COMPUTER ALLOWED ME TO REALIZE THAT THEIR WERE OTHER THINGS I NEED TO CONVERSE WITH THE DOCTOR, THIS GAVE THE OFFICE A DING. I NEXT CHECKED IN AFTER PAYING MY COPAY AND TAKEN TO THEIR LAB.GOING TO LAB THE OFFICE WAS MUCH LARGER THAN I SUSPECTED WHILE SITTING IN THE LOUNGE. IT WAS EXPLAINED TO ME WHY I WAS GIVEN MY BLOOD AND WHAT THE BLOOD RESULTS WOULD REVEAL SO I GAVE THEM ANOTHER DING.I NEXT PLACE IN A CHAIR AFTER LEAVING THE LAB AND TOLD SOMEONE WOULD TAKE ME TO THIER TRIAGE ROOM, I WAITED FOR NEARLY THREE MINUTES AND WAS TAKEN TO THE TRIAGE ROOM. THE PERFORM THE USUAL TESTING AND I WAS THEN PLACE IN A PATIENT ROOM, A LIGHT DING.NEXT I WAS PLACED IN THE PATIENT ROOM AND ALL THE INFORMATION A PLACED IN THE COMPUTED WAS REVIEWED AND EVEN MORE QUESTIONS WERE ASKED. AFTER ALL THE QUESTIONS I ASKED WHY SO MANY QUESTION, THE ANSWER GIVEN IS WE MUST ASK TO ENSURE WE KNOW AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BEING CARE TO HEAR YOU AND NOT HEAR OURSELVES IS HOW THEY CAN PATTERN THEIR CARE.IN TWO TO THREE MINUTES THE DOCTOR CAME AND TOLD ME TO REMAIN COMFORTABLE SEE HAD A TOUGH PATIENT AND NEEDED TO SPEND A LITTLE EXTRA TIME WITH AND DID I MIND OR WOULD I LIKE TO RESET MY APPOINTMENT.I SAID KNOW HOPING THAT IF I NEED EXTRA TIME SHE WOULD GIVE ME THE TIME ALSO.FIVE MINUTES LATER THE DOCTOR ARRIVE AND APOLOGIZED FOR NOT GETTING IN SOONER AND BEGAN MY VISIT.DURING MY CONVERSATIONS WITH HER I WAS AMAZED THE SHE LISTENED TO WHAT I SAID AND DID NOT IMMEDIATELY MAKE A DECISION ON WHAT WOULD BE MY CARE.I WAS GIVEN A CARE PLAN AND INSTRUCTED ON WHAT TO DO WHICH I DID AND NOW I FEEL BETTER.BEFORE LEAVING THE OFFICE I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER AND DID NOT TELL THE STAFF WHAT I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT WHEN THE ASKED WHAT WAS MY CONCERN.I WAS WELCOMED IN HIS OFFICE AND DISCUSSED ISSUES OF CONCERN WITH THEIR OFFICE I READ ON THE INTERNET.HE NODDED AND THEN RESPONED THAT HE TO CHECKS THE WEBSITE AND CAN IDENTIFY WHO EACH PATIENT WAS THAT WROTE THE ARTICLES AND THAT IT IS THEIR DESIRE TO PLEASE EACH PATIENT AND THESE PATIENTS THAT WROTE THE LETTER LEFT FOR DIFFERENT REASONS AND THAT HE COULD NOT COMMENT DUE TO PATIENT PRIVACY. HE INFORMED ME THAT EVERY PATIENT IS GIVEN THE TIME TO PROVIDE THEM WITH THE BEST OF CARE AND THAT IF TAKES LONGER THAN NORMAL THEY WILL NOT RUSH THE PATIENT THEY ARE TREATING TO MOVE TO ANOTHER PATIENT AND THAT BEING A SOLO PRACTICE ALLOWS THEM TO GIVE QUALITY CARE AND NOT QUANITY CARE. HE ALSO STATED THAT WORSE THING THAT ANY OFFICE CAN DO IS WASTE A PERSON TIME AND THAT THEY HAVE NO DESIRE TO WAST TIME OF PATIENTS OR ANYONE WITH THEIR CARE.I MUST SAY THIS IS THE LONGEST RATING I HAVE EVER WRITTEN BECAUSE AS A SALES REP I KNOW THAT WHAT CAN BE STATED BY OTHERS IS NOT ALWAYS TRUTH AND THAT THE PLEASE CUSTOMER NEVER TALKS BUT THE DISPLEASE CUSTOMER TELLS A MILLION PEOPLE, RIGHT OR WRONG THATS HOW I SEE.I NOW WOULD SEND ANYONE TO THIS OFFICE AND LET THEM KNOW THEY WILL GET THE CARE AND I WILL NOT BE RACE TRACK VISIT BUT A HARE AND TURTLE VISIT IN WHICH THE HARE WINS.I GIVE THIS OFFICE FIVE STARS BUT YOUR SYSTEM ONLY ALLOWS FOR 4 STARS.

October 11th, 2012
New patient
I had to wait 2 hour and then waited in the room one more hour in the Still did not see her I had a study that took my blood pressure I pay 125.00 for nothing only time she wanted was my copayment