Dr. Mary Garcia-Holguin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 16th, 2016
Nurses
Had a 2:45 appointment time confirm on Fri 13th for Monday. Arrive 15 min early only to find out they cancel my appointment. They never call me to tell me either. Then Lilley the Nurse who cancel my appointment is not there today and nobody can explain to me why. All they tell me is sorry there is Nothing I can do for you. I ask numerous time to speak to Dr. Houlgin and they refused to let me talk to her. This is the 3rd time this has happen. The front desk nurse are not organized at all. They need to fire everybody in the front t they are all worthless.

November 5th, 2014
About the only negative we can say about Dr. Garcia-Holguin is that she is busy, and hence it's not easy to get an appointment or get paperwork completed. Otherwise, she is excellent. Our daughter (the patient) loves her, and has always been treated with respect, kindness, and good medicine.

January 17th, 2014
My daughter has been seeing Dr. Mary H. Garcia-Holguin, MD for a while now we recently had an out patient hospital that made an appointment for her but did not inform us. When we went to set up a new appointment they let informed us of this miss appointment and that there would be a $50 fee and did not have any more openings for another 3 months. Called back 2 weeks latter and they had an appointment that day. GREAT!!! hung up and realized that we had changed insurance because it was a new year. Because they have a policy that you have to give them a 3 day notice I called back right away to inform them that we couldn't do that appointment because of their policy so they charged us a $25 fee for canceling the appointment we had just made less then an hour. At no time did they ask if we had a change of insurance like most Drs. do.

August 13th, 2013
Dr Holguin has assisted & guided my son for over 10 yrs. I appreciate that she talks with him. Previous psychiatrists would just fill out a prescription. She listens,manages his treatment plan. Which isn't easy as he has multiple physical,learning & mental ailments. I appreciate my son feels comfortable. Allowing him to be candid. Trust is so important. And, my son and I trust Dr Holguin.

July 17th, 2013
While Dr. Garcia-Holguin has rallied and advocated for my childshe definitely has some issues. I do not disagree with her diagnosis, or treatment. She has been very willing to listen to my suggestions and concerns. However, there is a serious lack of professionalism in this office. I've had documentation that I needed written up completely wrong on numerous occasions. One document took 3 times of rewriting to get it properly taken care of. Her receptionist has been very wonderful to me, and prompt in returning/contacting me. My other issue is the condition of her office and "filing system". Her office looks worse then a teenagers bedroom. On more than 1 occasion I have had to wait on stuff because my child's medical record has been lost. They have also forgotten to include some integral paperwork (as in which meds she's been on). I've also had the Doctor ask me "who put her on this medication", when she is the only prescriber of meds to my child. I, like many people, is stuck going where my insurance shoves me. I have been looking for another psychiatrist to manage my childs meds. I believe she's being treated properly but the lack of professionalism is what is driving me to seek someone new. Losing medical documentation and records does not sit well with me at all.

May 17th, 2012
Her nurse/receptionist is horrible. She just went on Maternity leave but unfortunatley she is probably coming back

October 26th, 2011
I like Dr. Holguin Garcia, although she takes some getting used to. She does not have a very caring deminor. Her office staff leaves alot to be desired. I have had alot of problems getting refills for my sons medication. I've been put on hold, disconnected, and have had to take time off from work to pick up a prescription that was to be mailed to my house. If I wasn't restricted by my insurance I would definately find another doctor for my son.

July 13th, 2011
BEWARE
She put my daughter on antidepressants that made my daughter act crazy, aggressive, and and not able to function. It was a complete personality change. I called so many times and she would never return my calls. Eventually her secretary left me a message saying to increase the dosage to 2 pills. I took her to another doctor that said the meds she put my daughter on was very aggresive and was messing with her brain chemistry. He took her off immediatly and determined that she did not need medication at all. I don't know if she has too many patients or what, but she was willing to take my money, hop my child up on meds, and then never follow up or repond when I called needed guidance with the tramatic side affects of the medication. When you go to take your child to a therapist you are desperately looking for guidance. I would advise parents out there to not take your children here.