Family Physicians

1485 Garden of the Gods Rd
Ste 172
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
719-531-6778
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Please do not believe the "good" reviews.  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2014

I believed the reviews and and waited weeks to get in to see this quack. Let me tell you what happened, so you can judge for yourself. 1) Appointment was scheduled for 8:30 a.m., I was informed to arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork. I arrived at 8:10, doors were locked, no one inside. 8:25, someone finally shows up and unlocks the doors. Does not greet me, just walks off into another room and has me wait. Then after I attempt to fill out paperwork in the 1 minute remaining before my appointment I find out that this late/rude woman is the "doctor". 2) I get into the room, where there is a massage table and various relics of "old medicine" set up, for what I can only hope is decoration. I began to talk to her about my issues, She was very dismissive and repeated back ailments that I never said I had. Her listening skills were poor at best. A patient should not have to repeat themselves many times. 3) I informed her that my back was in a great deal of pain to the touch, so what did she do? She used this hammering machine on my back for what felt like forever, while I cried in pain. During this torturous time, she had odd conversations with my 4-year-old daughter. They talked about many things, some of which were extremely inappropriate, such as prayer and how this "doctor" likes to judge people by their body type. Something that my daughter has never been subjected to. Now I have to explain to my very impressionable child that everything that this woman said was untrue. 4) When discussing one of my chronic conditions, which is being treated by a specialist, I was told by this woman to discontinue my real medicine and trade it out for aloe vera juice. This is the most insane thing I have ever heard. If I had not researched my condition in great detail and did not know the science behind what is wrong with me, this could cause much more harm than good. This type of "medicine" is not based on scientific fact. It is based on the power of suggestion and thought. I am now in a tremendous amount of pain and it will take me weeks to heal and to find a real doctor. Please do not make this mistake, it could hurt you physically and will definitely hurt your wallet as she charged twice what MD's in the area charge.

|  Brazilian Jiu Jitsu patient  |  show details
by Daynin Dashefsky on Jun 18th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Harrow by Kaiser for my shoulder injury as a result of training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I was so impressed at the energy and warmth of the office but more then that I was impressed with the actual time and knowledge she shared with me about why my shoulder was doing what it was doing. She reminded me of Temperance Brennan in the TV Show Bones. She really loves what she does and it shows.

|  Disappointed  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2013

Dr. Harrow seemed distracted during my office visits. She didn't make the effort to learn about me before treatment, a lack of interest in history or symptoms. While I've heard good things about her, my experience was poor.

|  show details
by Jane Grant on Jan 17th, 2013

I think... I know Marry Harrow is the best DR I ever had.

|  Geo  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

Mary Harrow is the real deal. Not only with understanding and recommending treatment, but very positive and encouraging. You leave her office feeling better about life. She is the last Dr. to go down the drug route unless absolutely necessary. Awesome!

|  Really Good Doctor  |  show details
by Dr. Seth Allen on May 27th, 2010

Not only is Dr. Harrow an excellent primary care physician, but she's truly gifted when it comes to prolotherapy. We're really lucky to have here in practice here.

|  Best doc yet!  |  show details
by C. Engelke on Feb 7th, 2010

Very favorable experience. I love, love, love her. An appointment with Dr. Harrow is more like a chat with a girlfriend, very relaxed and comfortable. Can't say enough about her, everyone should experience a doc like her that's a "real person".