Dr. Mary Cunningham MD Patient Reviews

3.6

• Good
  • Bad

May 13th, 2017
Dr Cunningham. Is a great doctor She spent over 2 hrs with me on my appt We talked first The she exaned me the we talked again. She is very knowledgeable She cares about her patients I finally feel like I have a doctor who is going to help me after 3 yrs of being dismissed

September 13th, 2016
Cancer care
Dr. Cunningham is a great doctor. She's smart and decisive. She works well with other doctors who were involved in my care, which is so very important to a patient's overall health. She knew and understood the medical challenge that I faced and she carefully chose each step of my treatment. I owe her many thanks for literally saving my life.

March 21st, 2016
Do yourself a favor and go to a real cancer hospital. Memorial Sloan Kettering, Roswell, Etc. This office will do the minimum standard of care. They do not think outside the box and have no interest in trying a ting new. They are also very greedy and will not take types of insurance that don't "pay them enough". Then you end up having to pay for small services (like port flushes) out of pocket. And when you have an insurance they don't take, they treat you like dirt. Big difference from when you have one that pays. When you go to a real doctor, and see all that is available in treatment, you will kick yourself for wasting time here. Also, real cancer hospitals don't let you go in debt to pay them like this office.

February 4th, 2016
Dr.cunningham is an amazing surgeon. Six years ago she operated on me with stage 4 cancer. I firmly believe she saved my life. I would recommend her without hesitation.

November 28th, 2015
Jerk
She is about the biggest jerk you can imagine in terms of her treatment of ancillary staff, nurses, and residents. Condescending and arrogant. This also spills over to patient care. Thinks she is about 10 levels above everyone else. Downright scary that someone with such little personality and so openly a condescending witch can even have a medical degree.

February 26th, 2015
Liar
Fortunately, I had already spoken to my GP and gynecologist and both of them stated that I needed laparoscopic surgery to remove an ovarian cyst. Dr. Cunningham lied to me and said I needed open surgery. I sought a second opinion and had laparoscopic surgery performed by another physician. I am actually frightened of this woman.

January 8th, 2015
Excellent surgeon, terrible personality.
This woman is tantamount to a condescending witch. She accurately diagnosed me, performed surgery and chemotherapy. However, she was downright inhumane, condescending and vitriolic when I discussed my complications and decreased functioning following surgery. She told me "you are only as sick as you are because you know how sick you can be". On the other side of the coin, this woman saved my life. If I dad cancer, I'd want her to perform the surgery - and that's it.

July 15th, 2014
Medical expertise
Tough lady but a wonderful surgeon. She got all that cancer and I am alive today due in part to her. She jumped right in and was not afraid to remove my football-sized tumor. She also got someone to perform lung pleurodesis. I never want to have cancer again, but if I did, she's the surgeon I would want.

July 20th, 2013
Get a 2nd opinion. Don't trust her. She cares more about $ than the patient. Also, exam made me feel like a piece of meat and not a living, breathing human.

March 11th, 2013
critical, rigid, upleasant
Maybe if you act like an idiot, she would be comfortable (condescension being her strong suit, I see from the other reviews). If you ask a question out of order, she can't handle it. She feels threatened if you provide feedback on her staff. She needs to prove herself. So, some deep-seated insecurity? Brace yourself for the terrible bedside manner; you might get very good treatment. I wish I could switch to Dr. Bunn, but the practice won't allow it--I would guess that's because everyone would switch to Dr. Bunn!

November 7th, 2012
I would recommend Dr Cunningham to any woman that has a gynecological cancer. She is very professional yet personable. She has always answered my questions and taken her time with me. She has never made me feel as if I am inconveniencing her when I have had to call after hours. Her office staff and chemo nurses are the best.

July 6th, 2012
Rude and Condescending
I went to her on the referral of my gynecologist because of her reputation as an excellent surgeon. She did my surgery but ALL of our interactions were horrible. She is cold, verbally aggressive, and generally a very unpleasant person to deal with.