Dr. Mary Jacobson MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Stanford, CA

August 29th, 2011
Excellent doctor and surgeon
Dr. Jacobson was the first ob-gyn to listen when I self-referred to her for what I thought was endometriosis... After years of symptoms and tests at other doctors offices (none of which were the right type to diagnose endo) I was tired of the constant pain. Dr. Jacobson listened to me, and agreed to schedule me for surgery. The procedure was smooth and successful. Dr. Jacobson was able to remove the endo and adhesions. For more than 2 years after I had NO pain. After years of pain, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Jacobson. I highly recommend her.

March 18th, 2010
one of the best OBGYNs!
she is meticulous and thorough -- takes time to listen to your issues, think and then offer multiple solutions. very professional and no-non-nonsense kind of a doctor.

February 8th, 2010
An excellent doctor and surgeon
After a horrible experience at a gynecologist and her clinic in San Jose, I turned to the gynecology clinic at Stanford, and am so glad I did. Although Dr Jacobson is not the first doctor I saw there, I am sticking with her!I first saw Dr Jacobson to follow up on a health condition I had recently been diagnosed with. I needed to have surgery done, and she was the one who performed the surgery. In the appointments beforehand, she was very thorough and explained everything to me in a way that I really appreciated. I was initially anxious about this surgery, but she made me feel comfortable and I felt very trusting of her ability, and the procedure went well after all.I've continued to see Dr Jacobson for regular exams and other appointments, and I feel very good about them because of her bedside manner and expertise. She makes sure to follow up on my health in general, even when it's not directly related to my gynecological health. I really feel like she cares about my health and talks through related discussion in a way I understand and appreciate.My only complaint would be about the wait times related to being seen. It takes awhile to schedule appointments, and sometimes you have to wait a bit when you arrive. However, I know that Dr Jacobsen has a busy schedule and will give me the attention I need, so it all balances out for me in the end.

January 14th, 2010
Looooooong Wait
I went into office andwas told by asst to take my pants off even though I was spotting.I tried to protest as dr was not there yet.Asst came in 3 times in hour to tell me dr was coming soon.I had asked when I checked in if she was running late and was told no.I left and they tried to get me to stay saying she had 2 preop appts.I was a new patient with serious needs.What a 1st visit.Mgr yells at me down the hall on a cell phone saying she would be with me after her call.A very unprofessional situation.But operations are so important to a companys finances.So just let me wait.

November 24th, 2009
She is the best!!

August 21st, 2009
Arrogant and uncaring
When looking for a doctor, you go to Stanford because you want the most professional service and up to date technology and science. This doctor and her team didnt take the time to even find out what my full symptoms were or my years of history with this problem. They were quick to jump to conclusions and give me inaccurate information. She read over my paperwork/findings from recent procedures only to read them incorrectly and give strong opinions from that without allowing me to correct her. Extremely condescending and unsupportive. My husband left with me furious for such awful treatment. How disappointing