Dr. Mary James Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary James?

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Mary James?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2017

Wonderful doctor

She is a warm friendly doctor but most importantly she knows medicine.

September 11th, 2015

Great "bedside manner", sense of humor, listens and addresses your concerns. Went through 4 neurologists to find her - we think she's great!

October 15th, 2014

Professional, Knowledgeable, Compassionate, and Caring.

Dr. James spends the time to learn as much about you and your condition as needed to make an accurate diagnosis and provide the treatment needed. That takes time and is certainly worth the wait. Both the diagnosis and proposed treatment were explained in detail with alternatives. A perfect example for other doctors to emulate. I wish she were my primary care manager!

January 31st, 2014

get new doc.

Once upon a time she was a very good doctor. But that has changed. Too many patients and still accepting new patients.won't Refill RX @ the time of need! unbeleivable

September 16th, 2013

won't accept cash/bad review

tried to make an appt with dr james, but when i called her office and asked what was the charge for an office visit, her receptionist told me she didn't know the charge and asked me what insurance i had. i said no insurance, i would pay cash and then i was told the dr didn't accept cash. i asked why and was put on hold for 10 min and no one ever got back to me. i think it is suspicious that a dr will only take insurance but not cash. i said we would pay the cash before our visit, but i was told the policy was not to accept cash. perhaps she gets more money by billing insurance companies than she can get by cash paying patients. my overall rating is 0. i only selected 1 star because i could not submit my review without choosing something.

September 11th, 2013

It is a blessing to have Dr. Elena James in my life.

When 3 other medical professionals failed me. Dr. James came through for me. My body had gone numb from my toes to my chest in a matter of 3 days. I was scared to death and not one doctor could tell me what was wrong with me. Until I went to see Dr. James. As soon as Dr. James reviewed my MRI's and we discussed what had been going on with me prior to the numbness she was able to tell me exactly what was wrong with me. She did what 3 other doctors, 2 of which were neurologists could not. I have been with her for 8 years now and will continue to she her until she retires (which I hope is a very very long time from now). There is something special about Dr. James that makes her very different from other doctors. The time she is with you she is REALLY with you. She hears you...she listens. Depression can come with MS and you can go through some pretty rough times. When I go in for my followup I leave filling renewed. She not only helps heal my body but I feel like she heals my mind and soul as well. She helps me to be a happier person. I think she is the best. I have referred friends to her and will continue to do so. Also, I would like to say that Dr. James' two assistants Crystal and Carmen are just great. I cannot tell you how many times I have had to call in to one of them to get paperwork filled out and faxed out or prescription refills etc. I can always count on them for a return call or for what ever I need. If I could give Dr. James and her crew more than 4 stars I would. They all deserve much much more. If you want to best for you or your loved one you will choose Dr. James as your doctor.

August 27th, 2013

terrible staff

One of the worst physician staffs I have ever encountered!!!! They fail to manage prescriptions properly. Their billing process is inconsistent and horrible. if possible I would give a ZERO.

June 27th, 2012

She takes time with me

Sometimes the wait can be long but as someone else said - when you get her time it's all about you. You're not rushed out at all. She has referred me to other specialists when other doctors just don't listen to what I'm saying. I would refer anyone to her. She's my favorite doctor of any kind! By the way - if the staff knows the wait will be long, they will give you coupon to spend at the pharmacy for a drink or something. Bring a book or play games on your phone.

October 11th, 2011

Best neurologist I have seen

As others have said, yes, sometimes there is a little wait, but Dr James is truly a patient's advocate, and that is hard to find these days. She corrected a misdiagnosis that I had for over a decade from another doctor, and is brilliant at treating the issues at hand. She is personable, and easy to communicate with. I have seen other neurologists, but as long as Dr. James is around I will not go anywhere else.

July 7th, 2011

Best Neurologist I've Ever Seen

Dr. James is excellant. My tremor has been treated well. She goes the distance with you. She gets to know her patients which helps her in her diagnosis of problems. If you go see her, she will check all your blood levels, get you on supplements when needed, and spend the time necessary. She is a good Neurologist. As far as the wait time goes... they are not as bad as other doctors I have seen, and she is worth it. Just bring a book to read, or watch the fish in the aquarium.

April 19th, 2011

Dr. James is my favorite physician. She is professional, knowledgable, and compassionate.

March 26th, 2011

She is worth a wait

I don't mind waiting a bit, because if she is taking time with a pt, its for good reason. She takes time with me. I never feel rushed thru. She addresses my concerns and repects my oppinions about my case. Neurology is not a field for "the express lane" its complex. You will wait for every doc in the field if they are good.