Dr. Mary Keohan MD Patient Reviews

March 17th, 2017
Terrible
Dr. Keohan has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever dealt with. She has no compassion, and seems as if she doesn't care about the patient at all. Cancer is such a difficult disease to deal with, instead of making it easier, she makes it more difficult and talks in circles when you ask her a question . It is very disappointing that Sloan allows her to treat her patients in this manner. She needs training on how to treat people.

April 18th, 2016
Wonderful doctor
After reading some these bad reviews I was compelled to add my experience. Have been a patient of Dr. Keohan for 12 years. I followed her from Columbia to MSKCC because she is a wonderful doctor. She is caring, compassionate and very thorough in her examinations and follow-ups. I find her to have an great bedside manner. In all my years under her care for a rare type of cancer (LMS) I do not have one negative thing to say. I am very happy I found her and will stick with her until she retires.

February 13th, 2016
Horrible Doctor
Do not see this doctor after having an experience from not heaven she doesn't listen to the families and her bedside manner is beyond ridiculous. For someone that has such an extensive background I don't understand how she's is even a doctor.

October 14th, 2015
Very Content
This is our third time visiting Dr. Koehan for a family member whose sarcoma has returned. Dr. Mary Louise Koehan takes a more conservative approach and is thoughtful and caring to the need of the individual. She tells you like it is and seems very knowledgeable. I would recommend her to anyone with sarcoma.

April 16th, 2012
Wonderful Doctor
Dr. Koehan was honest, careful and considerate. I felt confident that we were doing the right course of treatment and that she was looking out for me. She took the time to speak with me and my husband at length. I love Dr. Koehan!

October 1st, 2011
Intelligent and soft spoken
I can understand the need for some to want to be coddled...but Cancer is a big diagnosis and requires you take a deep breath and face the truth. Our family found her to be professional and honest and took great lengths to explain all of our questions. If you are seeking great expertise I would recommend Dr. K.

February 17th, 2011
I have to agree...this doctor is on the cold side. No clear medical opinion or set plan to deal with the cancer is laid out for the patient. So I can't say that I leave with confidence or even optimism after seeing her.

February 10th, 2011
Worst doctor I have ever had. Stay far far away. Has non existent social skills and no opinion as a doctor...not a good combination.

August 23rd, 2010
Dr Mary L Keohan
Professional, knowledgable, compassionate doctor who takes the time to listen and cares about her patients. I cannot say enough good things about her. Highly recommend.

August 1st, 2010
Excellent service by staff. Provided all the time I needed and immediately setup follow up visits. Answered all my questions.

February 6th, 2010
Education does not = care
This Dr. is very smart and knows her craft, however her bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. She tells you you have a serious, life threatening cancer as if she is telling you the sky is blue. Very matter of fact and not warm, very cold and that is completely opposite of 99% of the staff at MSKCC.