Mary Louise Keohan Is this you?

Have you seen Mary Louise Keohan?

Stay away

Posted on May 29th, 2017

Not sure why Sloan would allow such a doctor to be working at their facility. She is rude, uncaring and at times, makes no sense. A few appointments was all I needed to know she was not the doctor for me. Sloan is a great hospital, I am so happy that I am being treated by another doctor. I should have researched Dr. Keohan's background and reviews more thoroughly, but I assumed any doctor at Sloan has to be really good.

Terrible

Posted on March 18th, 2017

Dr. Keohan has the worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever dealt with. She has no compassion, and seems as if she doesn't care about the patient at all. Cancer is such a difficult disease to deal with, instead of making it easier, she makes it more difficult and talks in circles when you ask her a question . It is very disappointing that Sloan allows her to treat her patients in this manner. She needs training on how to treat people.

Wonderful doctor

Posted on April 18th, 2016

After reading some these bad reviews I was compelled to add my experience. Have been a patient of Dr. Keohan for 12 years. I followed her from Columbia to MSKCC because she is a wonderful doctor. She is caring, compassionate and very thorough in her examinations and follow-ups. I find her to have an great bedside manner. In all my years under her care for a rare type of cancer (LMS) I do not have one negative thing to say. I am very happy I found her and will stick with her until she retires.

Horrible Doctor

Posted on February 13th, 2016

Do not see this doctor after having an experience from not heaven she doesn't listen to the families and her bedside manner is beyond ridiculous. For someone that has such an extensive background I don't understand how she's is even a doctor.

Very Content

Posted on October 14th, 2015

This is our third time visiting Dr. Koehan for a family member whose sarcoma has returned. Dr. Mary Louise Koehan takes a more conservative approach and is thoughtful and caring to the need of the individual. She tells you like it is and seems very knowledgeable. I would recommend her to anyone with sarcoma.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on April 16th, 2012

Dr. Koehan was honest, careful and considerate. I felt confident that we were doing the right course of treatment and that she was looking out for me. She took the time to speak with me and my husband at length. I love Dr. Koehan!

Intelligent and soft spoken

Posted on October 1st, 2011

I can understand the need for some to want to be coddled...but Cancer is a big diagnosis and requires you take a deep breath and face the truth. Our family found her to be professional and honest and took great lengths to explain all of our questions. If you are seeking great expertise I would recommend Dr. K.

Posted on February 17th, 2011

I have to agree...this doctor is on the cold side. No clear medical opinion or set plan to deal with the cancer is laid out for the patient. So I can't say that I leave with confidence or even optimism after seeing her.

Posted on February 10th, 2011

Worst doctor I have ever had. Stay far far away. Has non existent social skills and no opinion as a doctor...not a good combination.

Dr Mary L Keohan

Posted on August 23rd, 2010

Professional, knowledgable, compassionate doctor who takes the time to listen and cares about her patients. I cannot say enough good things about her. Highly recommend.

Posted on August 1st, 2010

Excellent service by staff. Provided all the time I needed and immediately setup follow up visits. Answered all my questions.

Education does not = care

Posted on February 6th, 2010

This Dr. is very smart and knows her craft, however her bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. She tells you you have a serious, life threatening cancer as if she is telling you the sky is blue. Very matter of fact and not warm, very cold and that is completely opposite of 99% of the staff at MSKCC.