Overall Review

March 1st, 2013
During my first visit with Dr Kungl I expressed how poorly I felt overall. That I had put on weight without change in diet ( if anything I was eating less) or exercise, could barely get myself out of bed, had irregular BM and just plain felt horrible. She checked my ears & throat & lungs, asked me some questions, but not much else. Prescribed a fiber drink and referred me to an allergist. Fast forward several months after following up with an allergist & ENT who treated me for a chronic sinus infection with antibiotics & steroids. The steroid treatment in lieu of causing weight gain, caused me to lose 20lbs. A short while later, I went in to see her due to another sinus infection flair up and pointed out to her (she didn't notice the weight change in my chart) that I had lost so much weight in such a short time. I also mentioned that I was having digestive issues, horrible heart burn and cramping. I walked away with a prescription for a diuretic and anti reflux medication. 2 months later I went back to see her because I was having severe diarrhea and cramping. She said it was due the antibiotics. I explained that I had had a similar episode a month earlier when I wasn't taking antibiotics and that I had successfully taken these antibiotics on several occasions without a problem. She performed no physical exam, simply prescribed different antibiotics. 1 month later after another bought with the same symptoms I saw the doctor on call who took 5 minutes, looked at my abdomen and told me to immediately go to the hospital because he was sure I had appendicitis. Which, indeed I did. In fact my appendix had long since ruptured and abscessed which explained why I had felt so horrible for so long. I was lucky to be alive. I was told to follow up with my doctor a week after surgery. I made the appointment and the night before I was to see her, she personally called my home phone to cancel. She told me (rather than asked me) that I was fine and didn't need to see her. I told her no, I did want to see her. At which point she said she was unavailable and couldn't see me. End of conversation. Now I understand that people make mistakes, but to repeatedly disregard what the patient is saying, to not even check that patient's chart to see if there were any notable changes and to be so callous as to make the effort to call to cancel an appointment without even a word of concern for the health of that patient - not worthy to be in the profession.

July 12th, 2012
Dr. Kungl is pretty good in terms of how well she seems to listen and do her best. I like her and would recommend her to family and friends looking for an Internal Medicine Physician.

January 12th, 2011
She is fantastic. So easy to talk to, takes her time & really listens. Very ontop of it. Love her.

May 17th, 2010
I love Dr. Kungl!! She's very friendly, answers any and all questions (and never seems to get annoyed), and is very thorough but doesn't take a lot of time. She works some Saturdays (which is a definite plus), and she's more than happy to make room for you if you need to get in to see her right away. I hope she never leaves Dupage Medical Group!!

September 22nd, 2009