Dr. Mary Louder DO Patient Reviews

3.6

September 14th, 2016
I love this doctor! She is extremely thorough. She looks at each part of the body as well as the body as a whole. She values preventative medicine and how each patient can be their best self. She is smart, thoughtful, and compassionate. I am thankful for Dr Louder!

January 25th, 2012
Miss Having Her as My Doc
I moved away and cannot find another doc like Mary. She is one of the best I have seen in my life and I highly regard her practice.

December 27th, 2011
Current Patient
I am very pleased with the care and treatment I receive every time I visit Dr. Louder. She is a great listener and the diagnosis she has given have made all the difference in my quality of life. She is a special person who happens to be my Doctor.

June 20th, 2011
Not very happy with my miss diagnois
being miss diagnoised caused me a lot of out of pocket money and still having the same issues, worked more on the computer then giving me the time I was paying for at my appt time, I felt very rushed and was sorry I had a late afternoon appt. I am now seeking a 2nd oppinion.
Doctor's Response

I apologize if you felt both rushed and misdiagnosed. Sometimes it may take multiple steps to arrive at an accurate diagnosis depending upon complexity. It is not my intent to rush or incorrectly diagnose or treat any patient. I do hope that you were able to obtain an accurate diagnosis, treatment plan and that you are doing well.

June 18th, 2011
Great Family Doctor
Dr. Louder is a great family doctor, she is very caring, a great listener, very knowledgable and gives fast, accurate diagnosis. Her treatment and advise allows a patient to create a wellness program, which allows for better overall health. Current Patient

March 30th, 2011
Dr. Louder has been phenomenal. She never fails to take time to listen to what is going on and to make sure I understand what to expect from my situation. She is a patient advocate and a truly caring individual. I am so grateful to have found a physician as skilled and compassionate as Dr. Louder.

March 28th, 2011
Wellness Focus
Staff have always been friendly and courteous. I like the focus on wellness rather than just treating a condition. Recommendations have been made to minimize the exacerbation of a problem by changing diet and adding vitamin & natural therapies rather than prescription drugs.

March 27th, 2011
Excellent Care
I have been a patient of Dr. Louder and staff since she took over the practice. I am very satisfied with her attention to detail and her ability to listen. I find her treatment very through while exercising time management. I find the staff very caring and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend Dr. Louder for all medical needs.

November 15th, 2010
Disappointed
Didn't feel listened to
Doctor's Response

I apologize if your experience was less than what you expected. I hope you were able to connect with another physician that was better fit.

November 2nd, 2010
Should have just walked out...
I have NEVER been treated so poorly in general, let alone in a doctor's office! I went to Dr. Louder with the intention of possibly returning to care at that office as I was a patient of the wonderful doctor and PA who practiced there a couple years ago but haven't been back since they left. When asked about my medical care, Dr. Louder didn't give me enough time to answer questions completely and when she didn't feel that I had given her the whole story (which I hadn't since she wouldn't listen long enough) she called me evasive and a liar then implied that I was a doctor shopper and just wanted drugs. I do not take any pain meds regularly, the occasional Motrin is about it! She proceeded to tell me that if I was to decide to be a client of hers I would not see any other doctors without her specific permission to do so. I am an educated (M.A), professional, responsible, respectable, person and have never been spoken to in such a demeaning manner. I would strongly urge one to have their medical history written out ahead of time so their doesn't appear to be any gaps or you will be deemed a liar. Also, be prepared to do things only her way, as you aren't allowed to get a 2nd opinion. There are much better practices, in the Traverse City area, who remember that their patients are the reason they are open. I would urge my friends and family to look elsewhere for healthcare. My only real regret is that I didn't just get up and walk out.
Doctor's Response

This patient came to the requesting medication. She was not forthcoming about currently being under the care of another physician and having received medications and narcotics from them. She denied this when asked. Michigan has a prescription drug registry and when she was presented with the information that additional narcotics had been recently prescribed to her, she became angry and abusive to myself and to my staff. She made a scene in the office prior to her departure.