Dr. Mary Luidens MD Patient Reviews

She retired in Janurary 2016
She is retired

August 27th, 2013
Finally someone who cares
To be honest, I went into my first appointment with Dr. Luidens expecting the same run-around I've gotten with several other "specialists" in the Albany area. Every single doctor I have been to has dismissed my symptoms, but not Dr. Luidens. She walked in and said "why are you here, what can I do to help you, please, start from the beginning." So I did. I read off my long list of symptoms, what other doctors have said, etc, and she LISTENED. She interjected to ask questions, but let me finish my entire list. Then she immediately told me what it could be, how we were going to go about finding out, and did an exam, one that was more in-depth than my primary, even on my physicals. Just from hearing my symptoms, she clinically diagnosed me with something no other doctor has even mentioned. She spent a total of 45 minutes with me (My appt was at 3, I got there at 2:40, and she was in the room by 2:45 and stayed with me until 3:45) I had blood work IMMEDIATELY afterwards, no waiting. Then 4 days later, SHE CALLED. Not her secretary, not a nurse, her, and talked to me about my results for 10 minutes, discussing how her diagnosis was right, and that she was calling in a script. I have a followup appt in 2 months and I am looking forward to it. I told her I wished she were my primary, and she laughed. But I am serious- If all of the people who like to call themselves "medical professionals" in Albany were half as attentive and caring as Dr. Luidens, this doctor-rich region would be much better off. When my coworkers complain about their endocrinologist, I recommend her. She truly is one of the last great doctors in the region.