Anesthesiologist (pain control), Emergency Physician, Family Practitioner, Sports Medicine Specialist

270 Cornerstone Dr
Ste 105
Cary, NC 27519
919-460-7676
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 2.9047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Great Practice  |  show details
by Caroline on Feb 27th, 2014

I woke up yesterday really sick and called this doctor. I recently moved here and they are close to my apartment. I got in the same say. I saw the NP who was very knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. I even called back this morning to schedule a physical next month.

Nov 27th, 2013

Dr.Mack is rude and careless with health and well being. Her awkward behavior and comments made me question whether she herself was under the influence of some narcotics. Terrible manners! Do NOT waste your time on this quack.

|  First Time Patient  |  show details
by Marcella on Sep 12th, 2013

I called this practice, Primary Medical Care, as a friend goes there and I was not satisfied with my previous large facility medical care. I got a same day appointment with the nurse practitioner. The office was convenient to my work, very clean and the staff greeted me right away. The nurse practitioner was excellent. She took the time to listen to my concerns and reviewed my history thoroughly. She sent a prescription right to my pharmacy and I scheduled a physical exam for my next visit. The rest of the staff was equally helpful.

May 23rd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. MacKenzie or one of her associates for over five years. She has always been available when needed. I do not understand some of the reviews as I never have encountered any problem whatsoever with the care I received. Her staff is receptive and willing to go the extra mile be it insurance related or medical related. I hope I never have to find another doctor.

|  Badly needs training in bedside manner and hendling patients  |  show details
May 14th, 2013

I will never go back to Dr. McKenzie. Not only did she not spend any time with me - she was rough and inconsiderate when doing a pap smear. This is the worst pap I've ever had.

|  Crazy  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2013

I get to the office and am not greeted by the receptionist because she is behind the glass talking on her cell phone. I wait only briefly before being brought back into the hall where I see Dr. Mackenzie dash behind a curtain, hiding from me? I sit in the room for 30 minutes when I overhear the staff in the hall discussing whether to call the Doctor as she has apparently left for lunch, seriously?! She finally dashes in another 20 minutes later, quickly looks me over while barely listening to me. She leaves the room, slamming the door, then returns with books and computer printouts so I can presumably treat myself, when I start to question her, she leaves, shoving her "nurse" into the room to field my questions. Only she isn't a nurse, there is no clinical staff at this office. The poor girl leaves to ask Dr. Mackenzie my questions and we repeat the routine til I give up and leave. After this frustrating experience I will never go back. I had been there a couple times before but I chalked her bizarre, erratic behavior up to being busy and coincidence. Apparently, she is just as crazy as she appeared the first time. Don't waste your time or money on this so called "Doctor".

|  Wish she gave more overview  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

-Dr. Mackenzie cares about her patients, but often doesn't explain what her thinking is before doing a test or prescribing a medicine.

|  A wonderful Doctor...with a passion for helping people get healthy  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

Dr. Mary Mackenzie is a wonderful Doc, her passion towards helping people choose a healthy lifesytle without passing judgement is a breath of fresh air, She has made a difference in my life and we apperciate her office. Her staff and office is clean and everyone is professional and kind. If you are looking for a Doctor for the whole family or yourself.. Mary Mackenzie comes highly recommended. I have worked in the health care field for over twenty years and Dr. Mary Mackenzie is top notch

Dec 6th, 2011

I saw Dr. MacKenzie for the first time about two weeks ago. At that appointment she spend a good amount of time listening and doing an exam. I had long overdue blood work performed which determined the cause of my sickness. Went back for follow up yesterday and the appointment went equally as smooth. Her staff seemed attentive and caring. I will continue to see her and recommend her.

Oct 11th, 2011

I will not go back to Dr mackenzie. It was her nurse who assessed my symptoms and suggested I get certain tests done and she had a vague idea of what tests i was asking for. bad beside manner and hard to communicate with.

|  Good MD!  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

I loved Dr MacKenzie and her staff. Everyone is very friendly and Dr MacKenzie knows her stuff! I have been seeing her for about 3 years now and have always been able to get a convenient appointment (and get in on same day often). She has many helpful suggestions and she was able to diagnosis all of my problems. I would highly recommend her!

|  not worth it  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2011

I saw Dr. Mackenzie for four years - it is hard to make the move to another doctor and they could always fit me in - if you are willing to wait up to 60 minutes in the waiting room and 15 minutes in the examining room for about 15 minutes of the doctors time - if you have questions, she gives you a handout.The last straw was when she shifted her appointments to a "doctor assistant" who clearly didn't know how to diagnose an illness. When I called back the same day with a question, they refused to have a nurse/da call me back and told me to make another appointment!I have moved on to a practice where I see doctor assitants, but they are knowledgeble and I feel comfortable that they will talk to a doctor as needed.It seems she's just in it for the money.

|  Extremely Caring Physician  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Mackenzie for over a year now. She is very knowledeable and accurate in her diagnosis and treatment. While she can seem to be at times somewhat distracted, she clearly is not. She remembers things which I had forgotten I had talked about. Her staff is friendly and courteous and very helpful when I call. I am always able to see her either the same day or in a reasonable time frame. I would recommend highly Dr. Mackenzie to my friends and family.

|  Weirder Than Cat Sh*t  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2010

Dr. Mackenzie is a very strange woman who doesn't connect to patients. Her 'bedside manner' is atrocious. She doesn't listen to what a patient says and often talks about herself in appointments. She reminds me of someone who has an autistic spectrum disorder or asperger's syndrome. Her office is conveniently located and it's easy to get an appointment, but she's just such a strange bird that I will have to seek a different physician.

Jan 8th, 2010

Dr Mackenzie is very caring and concerned for her patients. She has a soft spot for teens which is nice. We have had a very posotive overall experience!

|  Love Dr. Mackenzie. i'm sad to see the not so good reviews!  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2009

I LOVE Dr. Mackenzie. She is fabulous. I'm sad to see the not so good reviews. however i did chuckle at the one that says she doesn't seem that "present". Because I will admit, her personality is different, but in a quirky and cute way. But she is PHENOMANAL! she listens and remembers everything i have discussed with her at previous visits (no, not the social life stuff)..I am also not medically naive, and am in the field myself, and she accepts my ideas (which alot of doctors don't) or will tell me when i'm being foolish- AND explain why. I feel a very deep mutual respect from her. She dignosed something major my previous doctor has missed for years. I recommend her to people any chance i get, and am happy to do so here.

|  Not impressed  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2009

As once mentioned we have been seeing Dr. Mackenzie for about a year, and after every visit, we leave with more questions and not so reassured with her diagnosis. My husband has been going more as of late due to an injury, but he even had to demand for something to be done because it has been a linguring problem. It is just very frustrating. We wait for so long, and then spend maybe 5 minuetes and you hardly get a word in.

|  not too sure  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2009

she seems to be in some distant land when she is examining. Though she is physically present , it does not feel so. Someone has said that she is more interested in your social life...but in my case, I would be happy if she even showed that much interest even if it was my social life!!!

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2008

Dr. Mac is always very courteous and professional. Her diagnosis have been accurate and treatment is very competent. She takes time to explain and is very pleasant as is her office staff.

|  Dr. MacKenzie is Great  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2008

My daughter and I really like Dr. MacKenzie.

Apr 6th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Worst medical practice in town. The doctor does not take any time to check your condition. She is more interested in your social life. The staff at the clinic, however, are efficient and friendly.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com