Dr. Mary Mackenzie Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Mackenzie?

Posted on May 25th, 2016

Fantastic care. Very professional with special care.

Posted on February 29th, 2016

Saw Dr Mackenzie for the first time last week. I got a same day appointment as I was very sick feeling. Filled out my paperwork and was called back to see the Dr. She did a quick visit, gave me a prescription and I am feeling better. I have scheduled my annual exam with her next.

Like Dr., not staff

Posted on April 24th, 2015

I really love Dr. Mackenzie. I've read some other reviews that said she's bizarre at times, and I get that- I do. But I chalk it up to an extremely intelligent woman, and I strongly believe she is. Every office visit she leaves with a smile and says "remember, 30 minutes of sunshine, and 30 minutes of exercise a day". I went to her for years, and over that time built quite a relationship with her. she was always willing to spend time with me, and to listen and respond to my questions. She takes my own thoughts on what could be going on, and will explain why it makes sense or doesn't. for those who say she doesn't spend time, I think she gauges it on the patient, and KNOWS that I need the explanations and the logic.. that said, unfortunately I no longer go to her because of the front office staff (RUDE) who argued with me in front of other patients and because of odd billing practices that started occurring. Normally, all my visits are covered under basic well check costs, but I started getting bills for hundreds of dollars. I had just finished paying a bill that I thought odd (because my insurance at the time should have covered everything) but it turned out to be an "add on" nebulizer treatment. OK, I get it. that, but then, I went for my next normal appointment, and was told I COULD NOT SEE HER until I paid my outstanding bill. I said there must be an issue here, and I will need to speak with your billing because I just paid you guys. But, I'm on my lunch hour and need to see the Dr. They refused unless I paid something. In addition, they were extremely rude during the whole exchange and did not hesitate to start talking about my last visit and procedures in front of the whole waiting room. I walked out and told them they had lost a patient.

Rude, rude, rude

Posted on March 2nd, 2015

An awful experience from a rude doctor. I read the below reviews thoroughly and have noticed a trend. The other Dr., Natasha I think is her name, is great. And I would go to her practice in a heartbeat. What ruins this place for me is that the person who's name is on the building, is rude. She has an attitude problem and shows little compassion for others. You have to drag a diagnosis out of her and probe for answers to important questions that should just be doctor-ly advice. I'm not a doctor, that's why I came to you. Worthless - I wish that I could give 0's.

Nice Dr with Rude Staff

Posted on February 18th, 2015

The staff is incredibly rude. Especially the receptionist and the blonde that brings people in from waiting room. They mimicked a patient very meanly and laughed at her in front of other people in the waiting room. I have read that other people thought that Dr Mac was rude but I never experienced that from her. However, her tolerance of rude staff might indicate a lack of respect for her patients.

Terrible experience

Posted on January 24th, 2015

Awful doctor and person. She is exactly as the bad reviews describe. Makes you read your own diagnoses and then asks if you have questions instead of sitting down and explaining the paperwork to you. She walks in the room and says here is your diagnosis, I'll be back if you have questions then leaves. Her staff is just as bad. After a serious injury, I went to have an MRI and, after repeated calls to the office, they returned my call saying that I did not have a fracture, I was OK and should only come in if I had any more pain. The problem is, I went for an MRI to diagnose LIGAMENT damage. When I asked about any ligament damage, she took a 5 minute break, returned to the phone and said, "Yes you have torn ligaments and to come in immediately." So which is it? She refused to tell me which ligaments were torn and Mary never returned my calls. I called back asking for a referral and the staff refused to provide me with one until I came in and they charged me, what they thought was my copay but didn't know so they winged it, and extra $40 for the visit. She is a rude and careless. I will NEVER return here even if I am dying.

Great Practice

Posted on February 27th, 2014

I woke up yesterday really sick and called this doctor. I recently moved here and they are close to my apartment. I got in the same say. I saw the NP who was very knowledgeable and very easy to talk to. I even called back this morning to schedule a physical next month.

Posted on November 27th, 2013

Dr.Mack is rude and careless with health and well being. Her awkward behavior and comments made me question whether she herself was under the influence of some narcotics. Terrible manners! Do NOT waste your time on this quack.

First Time Patient

Posted on September 12th, 2013

I called this practice, Primary Medical Care, as a friend goes there and I was not satisfied with my previous large facility medical care. I got a same day appointment with the nurse practitioner. The office was convenient to my work, very clean and the staff greeted me right away. The nurse practitioner was excellent. She took the time to listen to my concerns and reviewed my history thoroughly. She sent a prescription right to my pharmacy and I scheduled a physical exam for my next visit. The rest of the staff was equally helpful.

Posted on May 23rd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. MacKenzie or one of her associates for over five years. She has always been available when needed. I do not understand some of the reviews as I never have encountered any problem whatsoever with the care I received. Her staff is receptive and willing to go the extra mile be it insurance related or medical related. I hope I never have to find another doctor.

Badly needs training in bedside manner and hendling patients

Posted on May 14th, 2013

I will never go back to Dr. McKenzie. Not only did she not spend any time with me - she was rough and inconsiderate when doing a pap smear. This is the worst pap I've ever had.

Crazy

Posted on January 31st, 2013

I get to the office and am not greeted by the receptionist because she is behind the glass talking on her cell phone. I wait only briefly before being brought back into the hall where I see Dr. Mackenzie dash behind a curtain, hiding from me? I sit in the room for 30 minutes when I overhear the staff in the hall discussing whether to call the Doctor as she has apparently left for lunch, seriously?! She finally dashes in another 20 minutes later, quickly looks me over while barely listening to me. She leaves the room, slamming the door, then returns with books and computer printouts so I can presumably treat myself, when I start to question her, she leaves, shoving her "nurse" into the room to field my questions. Only she isn't a nurse, there is no clinical staff at this office. The poor girl leaves to ask Dr. Mackenzie my questions and we repeat the routine til I give up and leave. After this frustrating experience I will never go back. I had been there a couple times before but I chalked her bizarre, erratic behavior up to being busy and coincidence. Apparently, she is just as crazy as she appeared the first time. Don't waste your time or money on this so called "Doctor".