Dr. Mary Margaret Hurley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 24th, 2016
Ms.
Super bedside manner, very thorough and

July 17th, 2015
Dr. Hurley is wonderful and caring. As a cancer survivor I know I am in good hands with her and that she takes a holistic approach to treatment,

January 28th, 2015
She is wonderful! Very easy to talk to. Doesn't call prescriptions in a timely manner. Has been up to a week. Never waited over 30 minutes but last visit was 2 1/2 hours.

September 29th, 2014
Been a patient of Dr. Hurley for over 10 years. She's also my kids pediatrician. She's a sweet doctor but she needs to fire her staff!! They are very rude and I don't really think they give her messages. No callbacks. Does not complete paperwork in a timely manner. Doesn't call prescriptions in a timely manner. Wait time is horrible. Can wait in the waiting room for 2 hrs then in the back for additional hr. She needs a new management team. I would hate to think it's all her.

March 24th, 2014
Life saver
Dr. Hurley is the sweetest most caring doctor I have ever met, and she helped save my life. During my life threatening experience she listened when no one else did, and for that reason I know that's why I'm still here :) She takes care of my family as well. Love her...

August 28th, 2013
What is wrong with this office mgmt ?
I love Dr.Hurley as a person. She's very empathetic and really a great physician. However, I came to her because I was fed up with my obgyn giving me the same prescriptions that never cleared up my problems then not refilling the prescription when requested. I went to Dr. Hurley because I trust her. She prescribed me one med for yeast and we needed to see what my labs came back with. My lab came back with a UTI and as iwas having pain this made sense. So I asked the nurse to really discuss the use of antibiotics since I was also being treated for yeast infections and she never called me back. Over the course of 2weeks in which I've been in pain I have left 6 messages... No one has prescribed me anything for this UTI and I just can't believe that no one will call me back or leave a prescription for me. I am going to have to go toan urgent care clinic or the hospital to get the attention I need. They also have been charging my co-pay during the visit then sending me a bill. I've gotten all the bills for my lab work but never the results. How unfair is it to be repeatedly neglected by doctors? I rarely have issues like this but when something serious has been going on for months I would expect someone would help me. Not happy with being repeatedly ignored or double charged.

August 12th, 2013
she a very good doctor. her staff isnt to nice.
hi I've been going to Dr. hurley for 5 years and the wait is about 2 hours or more long the staff are very very unfriendly and the other doctors are very slow and just give you what you ask for. overall I will not go anymore I have changed doctors. she was also my children's pediatrician and my son at 3 weeks old was sick and vomitting for 2 and a half hours in the waiting room. as they were closing they turned the lights off while I was waiting and finally called me back needless to say my son was at the hospital for 4 days. I will not go back again.

August 5th, 2013
Dr. Hurley is great her office staff is not. Long wait times nearly two hours in the waiting room + 2 hours in examination room, incorrect billing, prior authorizations never completed by her office over several months and I went without my medication for more than four months as a result. Rude and incompetent staff, I don't know that Dr. Hurley ever receives her messages because I have not ever had a return phone call from her. Her nurse returns calls but does not answer my questions or follows up for a resolution. Nothing but loose ends, waste of time and money. Dr. Hurley is a great doctor; however, her staff is damaging her reputation. Strong leadership in office management needed in her office. I have been to her office at least half a dozen times and unfortunately will not be returning despite her good care.

July 31st, 2013
July 2013
I waited to see her for 1 hour and 45 minutes and left. She did not see me in the order of my arrival, but went on to other patients and left me sitting there in the examinaton room. The staff didn't seem to care... they didn't know if I should keep waiting or re-schedule. The receptionist said Dr. Hurley would call to follow up after my missed appointment and I have not heard from her office. I think she means well.

May 24th, 2013
Dr. Hurley is very thorough in finding what's wrong. However, after a visit to the ER and hospital stay I had to make an appointment because of pain and to follow up...I was told at the time of visit that prescriptions would be called in to my pharmacy but they were never called in until two days later after I inquired about it. Over the period of time that I have been going to her, there has been somewhat of a high turnover of office personnel in which not all of them have had a caring additude and there hasn't always been a clear procedure in directing the patient after seeing her. The office could also be a little more clean, carpets, etc.

October 10th, 2012
Have been a patient there for eleven years. A very intelligent doctor. Has taken very good care of me,sometimes under difficult circumstances.

April 4th, 2012
She is a very caring doctor. She's very smart and knows her stuff. Including rare children's diseases.