Dr. Mary Mulcahy Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Mary Mulcahy?

Dissapointment

Posted on November 6th, 2015

Completely complacent Dr.. Please find another practice if you want you or your loved ones to feel NOT feel like a statistic. My mother's MRI results from last month, that showed some SERIOUS health issues were never relayed to her. A month has past and she has not heard from Dr. Mulcahy; She had to hear her unfortunate news from a different doctor. My mother's phone messages to the Dr. Mulcahy still go unanswered. Who knows what has progressed in the last four weeks and will progress as we search for a compassionate Oncologist... Unbelievable .

Excellent, caring physician

Posted on October 13th, 2010

Dr. Mulcahy is a very knowledgeable, caring physician. While we have to wait sometimes to see her, she never rushes through an appointment, and takes the time to thoroughly answers questions. Her primary concern is the patient's overall well-being. She worked very well with a physician from MD Anderson with whom we sought a second opinion and she oversaw the treatment he prescribed. We attribute 5 year survival in part to her expertise!

Posted on August 29th, 2010

Checked out once patient was on hospice. Wouldn't even return a phone call.

Poor Bedside Manner

Posted on August 15th, 2010

Dr. Mulcahy shows no empathy for the patient or their family. Her follow up is all but non-existent. She writes a lot of journals and publications. Perhaps she shoudl stick to that

Posted on March 31st, 2010

Dr. Mulcahy was extremely knowledgeable.

Posted on February 26th, 2010

My ease of appointment rating is only for treatment appointments which never include Dr. Mulcahy. I see Dr. Mulcahy for fifteen minutes every four months. During these appointments, she asks whether I have any questions. But, when I do ask questions and tell her how I'm feeling she dismisses my concerns and puts it off as if it has nothing to do with my cancer. Forget about asking questions. She asks whether I have any questions, but actually gets annoyed and bristles when I do if she feels in her mind; based on clinical test results that there's no need for further conversation. So, why does she bother to ask whether I have any questions in the first place? Because of the fifteen-minute appointment alloted, there are questions that I would have liked to have asked and had answered. But, the stringent time constraint of my four-month visit prevents me from getting further answers to questions about my cancer.

Patient