inactive

Mary A Muriello MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

July 19th, 2014
Dr. Mary Anne Muriello
I have known her and she has been really professional. She has been my neurologist for over 18 years and is very friendly and accommodating and takes the time to work with you.

May 22nd, 2014
MS
I have been a patient of hers for 9 years. I would not even consider another doctor. She is curtious, attentive and compassionate. Most of all she is honest and does not beat arround the bush.

March 8th, 2014
Dr. Marriene Murriello ... Neurologist aka poser
I had an appointment with this doctor and I brought my MRI and was told I had some sort of brain malformation and told her my symtoms most were very severe including loss of motor skills and blacking out and also debilitaing migraines associayed with vision problems . She insisted no treatment to be done was nessesary . I then got a second opinion at MGH and saw a neuro surgeon that specialized in Arnold Chiari Malformation . which is what I have . he took one look at my MRI and said I needed decompression surgey amd partial lamenectomy. I am very disgusted with her inability to be a doctor that knows her exact feild she posing or claiming to be. she is very incopedant and very insensitive any way in closing i had a very bad experiance snd was left like sitting duck and confused. she gets the lowest rating and i will alwas make sure anyone sreers of her

May 8th, 2013
Worth the wait
I have seen Dr Muriello several times and there is usually a wait. However, she spends much time with me and never makes me feel rushed. She does listen to my concerns, takes notes, and always addresses my concerns. I feel like she knows who I am, remembers my specifics, and that she is truly concerned about me. I always leave feeling like she has my situation under control. The negative reviews here surprise me. I think her regular patients really like her! We are all willing to wait to see her.

March 2nd, 2013
very cold, when i have question she said, i just have 2 min for you.

June 10th, 2012
What a poor excuse for a physician.....The very worst !!!!!!!!

May 23rd, 2012
very bad
first time saw her, she was cold, second time i had to concel it after waiting over 1.5 hours. i was told you would need to wait for an avarage 1.5 hours to see her, never want to see this doctor again.

February 29th, 2012
Bad Doctor
My experience was similar to others: she had no interest in me or my problem. Cold, indifferent. Worst of all, she was "unfamiliar" with something that turns out to be a common side effect of the medication I'm on, so I had to be tested for other problems. AND she paid so little attention she didn't know what dosage of the drug I was on and that took numerous phone calls to get corrected.

September 7th, 2011
She lost my files, routinely failed to return calls, and then when a test came back negative for a condition recommended that I just see another doctor and asked me to pick which specialty I thought I should see???

May 3rd, 2011
very good with me
i find the previous reviews very odd. it is the exact opposite of the experience i had. i found her very compassionate, friendly, and would have spent the entire afternoon speaking with me. she is the third dr (lahey and MGH) that i've seen for my condition and they all said the same exact thing. she is very capable and has a great bed side manner.

April 29th, 2011
I have been a Lahey patient for 12 yrs and I was always so very impressed with the professionalism and caring of the mds @ lahey up until my appt with this Dr this past week ,She made no eye contact and was complaining about her back to another person who entered the room during my exam... She said nothing about her finding to me. I am somewhat dissapointed with Lahey for allowing such a cold and uncaring doctor to practice at your facility

October 29th, 2010
Displeased
After spending 1.5 hours in the waiting room (I arrived 15 minutes prior to appointment, as I was told to do.), I finally went in to see this doctor who was not personable and did not seem interested in my condition. I got the impression that she felt like I was wasting her time. She tried to put me on a medication I was uncomfortable with and when I asked her questions about the medication, in an effort to understand, she brushed me off. She also did not try to explain to me why I should be on the medication and evaded my concerns about side effects. When I told her I'd prefer not to be on it, she said she did not need to see me in a follow up appointment and was not interested in an alternative plan/medication to manage my disease.I hope that I just caught her on a bad day, but the $400 my insurance company paid for the appointment certainly wasn't worth it.