Dr. Mary Nasmyth MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Los Angeles, CA

3.0

October 30th, 2014
Best rehab Doc ever!!
I have been seeing Doctor Naysmith now for about 2 years. I'm a T5 paraplegic. She has been a big help in my life. Doctor Naysmith makes sure I get everything that I need when I need it, to make my life go by smoothly. The people that work in her office are very respectful, and makes sure Doctor Naysmith gets all of m messages at a decent time. Asia, Dr. Naysmith's secretary, is the best. She makes sure that I am well taken care of. Asia always call back when she says she will. At a prompt time, she's great. I plan on keeping my relation ship with Dr. Naysmith's office for a long time. Thanks for everything, Dr. Naysmith and staff.

August 15th, 2011
Callous, dismissive, judgmental Ice Queen
I was a patient of Nasmyth's for 2 weeks @ the Cedars' Acute Rehab Center, I was promised I would be rehabbed so that, at minimum, I would be able walk with a walker when discharged. She told me that my stay would be 'about a month'. As soon as I told Nasmyth that I was on a mild anxiety medication, she decided that my inability to walk more that a few feet were due NOT to muscle weakness & endurance, due to being in a non-weight bearing cast for 8 weeks, but I wasn't walking farther because "of anxiety problems." After 3 days of treatment, Nasymth told me that I would be sent home in 10 days. When I told her I would be unable to walk or care for myself, she told me that my husband 'could stay home & care for you.' I informed her that he'd lose his job, if he took a few months off to care for me. She actually said, "Well, you just have to make some sacrifices." We're sending you home in a wheelchair & you're just going to have to pay for home health care for yourself."I filed a grievance against her with my insurance based upon an "unsafe discharge", which is illegal, and my insurance caseworker, felt it WAS an unsafe discharge, but when I went up against the power of this ruthless, mean-spirited doctor, the doctors at the insurance company sided with her.Three months later, I'm walking short distances with a walker, still rehabbing at home, but I've spent $3000 to pay a home health aide, while my husband is at work. I have heard nothing from Dr. Nasymth. There is no compassion or human care in this woman. Considering that she's a recent medical school graduate, it's amazing that this callous woman would be named Director of the Acute Rehab Center at such a young age, and be that mean-spirited so early in her career.Instead of treating my weakened muscles, she ordered a psychiatrist RESIDENT (who barely spoke English) to put me on anxiety medications that I did not need. I have since been taken off of them by two other doctors.She is ruthless & terrorizes her physical therapists into writing reports that she wants, regardless if it's the truth about the patient's condition.

Health Guides