Overall Review

July 6th, 2016
Nice doctor, but not worth the poor service and long wait.
Dr Sheehan is very warm and nice, and I believe a competent doctor, however the overall experience with her office is very poor. I had often experienced longer than usual wait times (45+ min) with unhelpful office staff, but at my last appointment I waited an hour and a half without even being called into the office. I ended up having to leave without being seen because I had another appointment. The staff was beyond unhelpful.

January 13th, 2015
If you are looking for a good doctor, select Dr Sheehan
Dr Sheehan is a practical, caring and very informative physician. She fields all questions and takes the time to explain things to you. I selected her based on her rating online and she really met all expectations. Unfortunately, she is popular and because she takes time with each patient, she does get behind. However, in my opinion, she is well worth the wait.

April 11th, 2012
African-American in the Steel City
I was hesitant about seeing a skin doctor who wasn't African American. I recognize that our skin is different and was afraid that a doctor of a different ethnicity and race couldn't understand my issues. I was wrong!! Dr. Sheehan was amazing, very patient with me and had a pleasant demeanor. So far what she prescribed is working! I've lived with this problem for over a decade! I suffered needlessly because of my own ignorance! I recommended her to ANYONE who has a skin condition! God bless you!

March 15th, 2012
Dr. Sheehan and her office help
Was not helpful at all! Did not help my problem at all. I believe i was misdiagnosed. I have severe eczema and she diagnosed MRSA.

June 30th, 2010
Dr. Sheehan is a terrific dermatologist who has helped me, my wife, and both of my children with acne, eczema, warts, and identification of pre-cancerous nevi.Aside from her medical skills, she's has a delightful bedside manner.

May 5th, 2010
Would not recommend
I would not recommend her. She was unprofessional during my visit, talking with her assistant about another patient the entire time she was in the room with me. The office seems to be very frequently running behind- 45-50 minutes late in my past two visits with her. The waiting seems to be par for the course with dermatologists, but it's the poor bedside manner that would make me not recommend her to anyone.

October 16th, 2009
Dr. Sheehan is the best
I arrived in Dr. Sheehan's office as a 30 year old woman with acne at a 6 or 7 on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being severe. My face was itchy, blotchy, and inflamed. I was embarrassed to go out.Dr. Sheehan needed only to walk into the room to say, "We need to get that under control." She knew just what to perscribe to get things under control. While I was given salycilic acid creams, tretonoin, and other harsh treatments by others (a physicians assistant and an asthetician when that didn't work out), Dr. Sheehan told me that in the harsh, dry air winter, one needs to consider that drying treatments (the aforementioned acids) will only make one's face worse because your skin will produce more oil to compensate. She waited until things were under control and for spring weather to arrive before giving me a retinoid cream. Over time, with her help, my acne is gone. Dr. Sheehan is practical, straight forward, on target with her diagnoses and treatments, as well as funny. I looked elsewhere for a time because it can be hard to get an appointment with her. I won't make that mistake again. I found out that the wait is worth it. She's the best.