inactive

Mary E Parman DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 26th, 2016
Too eager to perform problem procedure
I have been experiencing very heavy periods as I approach menopause. Dr. Parman recommended endometrial ablation, and as I had been bleeding heavily for three weeks with no end in sight, I scheduled the procedure. But then I googled "endometrial ablation complications" and, within 10 minutes, learned that many women experience severe pelvic pain beginning months or years after the procedure. After 10 more minutes of searching, I came across a follow-up study that found as many as one-third of women who undergo endometrial ablation need a hysterectomy to relieve the pain. Dr. Parman did not mention any of these side effects. She has a professional obligation to know the latest information about a procedure she performs. She also has an obligation to inform her patients about any risks. I feel like I dodged a bullet.