Dr. Mary Parras MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Larchmont, NY

2.9

April 21st, 2015
She just does NOT return phone messages. Left three messages and still waiting for a return call.

April 12th, 2014
Seemed Unconcerned
Went to Dr. Parras for the first time over a year and a half ago, I have to say I was a little turned off. We spoke about the different issues I was having, she seemed very nonchalant in her responses. I started to feel uncomfortable immediately, as I really despise doctors who don't truly show concern for their patients. Anyhow she advised me to come back to get blood work done to check my levels. Till this day I have not gotten the results of my pap or my blood test. I called the office several times asking for a call back as I wanted my results, besides having the answer to the extremely rude receptionist/appointment maker, who dared asking me the nature of my call to the Dr. and requesting details about what test I took, and what I wanted to know, I have to Blame Dr. Parras directly for not following up with her patients.

August 21st, 2013
Dr. Parras Does NOT Read Patients Reports, Follow-up with Patients or Return Patients Call
Upon first meeting Dr. Parras (although she didn’t seem completely “present”) I liked her. That quickly changed when my test results came in and I tried calling her to discuss results, and to advise her of reaction to a drug she prescribed. She did not return any of my calls. Dr. Parras does NOT review test results, follow-up or call patients regarding their concerns. I called her many times and each time I got a person who was ill-equipped to answer any question (yet she said she was a nurse). I made an appointment with different gynecologist and was glad I did. She read my reports and told me information from the results I desperately needed to know. She also arranged for additional testing, and gave a new prescription. She "listened and heard" me. Dr. Parras appears to have PAST her better years as a physician. Her behavior is very dangerous to patients. She does the minimum; which could be a patient's PERIL. I have had many gynecologists and she is the WORSE one I have ever had! I would NOT recommend her.

December 1st, 2011
Amazing....
I was seeing a HORRIBLE dr in the practice and one of the nurses referred me to Dr. Parras. What a wonderful, soothing, and calm woman. i had post partum after my son was born and she did everything in her power to ease my fears, calm my nerves, and assure me what i was going through was normal. Wonderful bedside manner and a truly dedicated Dr.

August 19th, 2011
Dr. Parras is the best gynecologist I have ever seen. She is calm, thorough and listened carefully and closely to my concerns. I got my test results back within a week and everything was explained to me

July 5th, 2011
I had an abnormal pap and was never notified. They only realized it when I went back for my next check up. She then did some additional testing and called to tell me I had cervical carcinoma. I wasn't sure what that was. After I looked it up on the Internet, I saw it was cervical cancer. I tried calling Dr. Parras back to ask her if this was true. She wouldn't return my phone call for 6 weeks, when I made an appointment so she was forced to talk to me. She then referred me to an oncologist and left me with the advice that I should have a baby ASAP. I was an unwed 23 year old girl at the time. That was the last time I ever went to her.