Dr. Mary Pentel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mary Pentel?

Skin Cancer

Skin Cancer

Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.

Have you seen Dr. Mary Pentel?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 21st, 2017

Do not go to her. She does not care about you, only cares about making money. Find someone who morally cares for you and your condition. Her staff is rude.

May 25th, 2017

Fantastic Experience!

I found Dr. Pentel and her staff to be pleasant, informative, and they wanted to do the best thing for me. In fact, Dr. Pentel discouraged me from making any quick decisions and wanted to make sure I had a good understanding of the results I could expect. She even suggested getting a second opinion from another doctor of my own choosing.

September 27th, 2016

Horrible Experience at Dr Pentel's Spa & Laser Center

Office seems very disorganized. Went in for Botox and Filler (after attending Open House last Saturday). Was told they didn't have the Filler that she had recommended. Staff didn't order or was somewhere in office, but she could not locate. Seriously?! Then, iPad was put in front of me for signature without any explanation. Then, left sitting in room for over 45 minutes. Dr Pentel rushes in - apologizes and does a quicky Botox and Filler. All the while claiming that Filler isn't working. At one point even squirted Filler on attendant. Then, she says she wants to do Laser in same area. Seemed as though she knew the Filler wouldn't/didn't work?! The entire experience felt very rushed and unauthentic. I was handed a qoute for laser with no explanation of the procedure. I left feeling as though all the Dr cared about is making quick $$$. I have had Botox and Filler before and this experience was horrible in comparison. I will not go back. Very unfortunate.

January 7th, 2016

Horrible dishonest doctor poor service

Spa & laser center of Jacksonville dr Mary pentel is a fraud she will give you one syringe of filler that too not full syringe & charge for 2 to make more money beware of cheap dermatologist !!!! She is a rip off I am all bruised up & my lines are even worst than before & out of $1,700 do not waste your money here !!!!!!

July 22nd, 2015

Great doctor and staff

Dr. Pentel was very thorough and great with my teenager. She is caring and connected on a personal level. She told my son to use alarms on his I-pad to remind him to take meds. and to use his face creams. She also told him she could clear his acne within two months... and she did. The office staff was pleasant and helpful.

February 17th, 2015

Won't go back...

Billing is constantly wrong or late....sometimes over a month after appointment.

May 15th, 2014

Awful

Her husband is probably the worst scam artist in the history of Jacksonville. He refused to admit fault when he overcharged me and I was right--my insurance company can verify that. I've switched doctors since and I'm so glad I did.

April 25th, 2014

Know your insurance coverage

Dr. Pentel has been my dermotologist for over 4 years. I have been satisfied with the service she provides. However, their administrative office is not impressive. On my last visit, I learned that they are not a participating provider with my insurance plan. I paid the total fee of $415 for a skin biopsy and was on my way. When I wrote a letter to the office regarding a question about the EOB after I submitted the claim, I was ignored for one month. Then I sent another letter "certified." Rather than address my concerns in a professional manner, they sent back my letter and wrote directly on it, and rudely explained that they do not have a contract with Cigna. I have even requested a copy of my medical records and still have not received them.

November 27th, 2013

Disappointed in Dr.

I was a new patient and expected the Dr. to at the very least ask me some questions or review my paperwork. After a very quick skin check she decided to do two biopsies. During the procedure all she did was complain to the attending nurse about her front office staff canceling appointments. She tried to leave the room immediately, so I stopped her and asked if she could explain what she thought the trouble areas might be. Very disappointed in the level of service this Dr. provides. If I am going to go to a Dermatologist once a year, I expect the service provider to at least understand a little about the patient they are treating.

July 8th, 2013

My Evaluation of services rendered

I have the pleasure of saying that through the years, I have been seen by several Dermatological Practices in various parts of the country and my overall experience and satisfaction with Dr. Mary Pentel and staff is highly favorable. I have complete confidence that with each visit my medical issues will be addressed with accurate diagnosis and the professional treatment required to heal and alleviate the undesirable condition shall be accomplished. This reliable and desired positive outcome has eliminated the inherent stress that one may feel in choosing the right physician and hoping for the very best of care to obtain the results desired. I believe that with the state of the art procedures and devices available and competency in all regards, one will achieve the improvement required to obtain optimal results. Therefore, I highly reccommend Southside Dermatology to anyone in need of cosmetic or skin disease attention.

July 2nd, 2013

Best Dermatologist

I became a new patient of Southside Dermatology within the last 6 months. Dr. Pentel is thorough and accurate with skin treatments removals, and surgeries. I recently had surgery to my abdomen to carve out moderate atypia. Brittany, who assisted Dr. Pentel with the surgery, called the very next day to make sure I was feeling comfortable with the surgery and that I was resting. Yesterday (2 weeks after my surgery) I saw the "scar" on my adbomen for the first time. I barely have a scar at all! Dr. Pentel did an amazing job to have all stitches inside and only glue stitches on the outside. She is phenomenal! The products she has recommended for my acne and sunscreen have changed my life. I would recommend Dr. Pentel and Southside Dermatology to all of my family and friends for any skin treatment!

June 18th, 2013

Very pleased with DR. Pentel. I just wish she had an office in the north side of Jacksonville.