Dr. Mary Raven MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Baton Rouge, LA

3.4

January 31st, 2012
Left out Pertinent Information in my Grandmother's medical records
Dr. Raven "cared" for my grandmother when she arrived at OLOL hospital with severe dehydration and a BUN of 33. She said that she was "terminal", but couldn't explain why and refused to do a PEG tube so handed the case over to another doctor who did it. When she left the hospital her BUN was 19 and she was absorbing the food. However she starved for 5 days at the hospital and the reason being their was a mass in her throat that was not allowing her to swallow easy. However, this was never recorded in ANY of her medical records...

May 11th, 2010
Dr. Raven was very caring and took the time to explain everything that was going on. Her bedside manner and patience was superb

May 8th, 2010
Dr. Raven was very sensitive and professional while she was treating my grandmother. Clearly my grandmother was at the end of her life. She had the foresight to discuss palliative care and hospice with our family. It was the best decision we have ever made. My grandmother passed with dignity surrounded by her family.

May 8th, 2010
Dr Raven is a phenomenal physician who I would gladly have treat my family again.

October 27th, 2009
Unprofessional
Dr Raven went against my family's wishes and confronted my clinically depressed, very ill, very weak grandmother about a living will and do not resuscitate order. This caused much turmoil for my grandmother. She decided NOT to listen to the wishes of people that know the patient best, but with her ONE YEAR OF CLINICAL EXPERIENCE (per this website) she decided that somehow she knew what was best for the patient. Shame on her ignorance. I do not recommend this physician.